Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I was checking out the weather in the small town I grew up in in Western Pa where I grew up, 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.   Ida is pounding them. I see rain gauges showing more than 2 in, some more than 3, and more to come.  Mountainous  terrain ,  streams are going to get a lot of water with all on the runoff from the mountain, Laurel Mountain. All of my relatives in the area are on high ground, so they should be safe. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I was checking out the weather in the small town I grew up in in Western Pa where I grew up, 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.   Ida is pounding them. I see rain gauges showing more than 2 in, some more than 3, and more to come.  Mountainous  terrain ,  streams are going to get a lot of water with all on the runoff from the mountain, Laurel Mountain. All of my relatives in the area are on high ground, so they should be safe. 

My son went to Bucknell University in Lewisburg.  When he was there, they had terrible flooding from the Susquehanna and had to evacuate many dorms, including his.  The university kept sending out updates to the families, one of which contained a link to the water gauge on the Susquehanna, at the bridge near the university.  It shows todays readings and projected readings for the next couple of days.  Interesting that four of the five latest high crests were when he was there.  They didn't make the top five historic crests though.  Crazy they are expecting the river to rise close to ten feet by Friday.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=lwbp1

Edited by reallyitsmema

Speaking of September, how about the song, "See You In September" by the Happenings. Bob Miranda (The Happenings) was one of the entertainers on one of our cruises and he had all us old farts up and singing along with him when he sang that song. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2021 at 1:55 PM, George C said:

could not even logon from ipad, had to go to laptop.

definitely hope the defeated gets a second season , very intense show, have liked the star since the tv show Friday night lights. 

I watched the first two episodes and did not find them realistic.Nobody in 1946 used the F word so much.The lead actor walked around holding his jacket and not wearing it.Imagine Bogart doing that.Also the Russian actors speaking Russian and then English to each other is not that likely.

However,I will continue to watch it.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've always been fascinated with everything to do with Henry VIII and Elizabeth I.

You would enjoy talking with my oldest daughter.  She got her masters degree in Medieval History, with a focus on the War of the Roses.  She is also fascinated by that time period.  I know very little about the English Monarchy, other than what I've been told and mostly forgotten during visits to the UK.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Impressive.  Did you know where this was in the show so that you were ready, or did you just get lucky (or a combination of both)?  It seemed to appear out of no where.  And thanks for posting the video.  When you said rock music, I was thinking something like AC/DC Thunderstruck. 🤣🤣  I actually like what they did with the electronic dance remix of Let It Go, and I get a little sad every time I hear Robin Williams singing Friend Like Me.  That guy was just a genius.  Going from Mork and Mrs. Doubtfire to Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society...what incredible range.

Since I mentioned AC/DC, here's a completely different sidetrack for this thread.  Iron Man 2 with Shoot To Thrill is still one of my favorite movie opening scenes.  

How about some Thunderstuck, from a Finnish Band with a cult following, with a million views on YouTube.  

Fire up the anvil, spoons and banjo, cause it’s a hoedown.  They also do covers of Metallica, Iron Mainden, Zeppelin, and GNR for example. 

• Like 3

Out for a walk today, and they were doing K-9 training.  It must be highly specialized, for departments to send them from all over the country. They run training every week or two weeks. 

The unit at the back had Florida plates, the one in the middle was from PA, and the first one in the line had Colorado plates.  Many other states represented today also. 

BA15F049-D70C-4346-B5DF-94CB37DC5FAA.thumb.jpeg.c6220109cab5320ac8ee64df87e86659.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched the first two episodes and did not find them realistic.Nobody in 1946 used the F word so much.The lead actor walked around holding his jacket and not wearing it.Imagine Bogart doing that.Also the Russian actors speaking Russian and then English to each other is not that likely.

However,I will continue to watch it.

I know it was 20 years later but cursing while in military is pretty common , pass the F**** salt, had to adjust when I got home . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1