Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Change of tune in Israel regarding getting the flu and the 3rd shot at the same time...

Whereas no medical reason not to get them together, it was decided that if an allergic reaction occurs, better to know from which shot it stems. 

Therefore, NOW it is recommended to leave some days between the flu and the 3rd shot.

I had my flu vaccine last week.

We have to wait 6 months from our second vaccine jab before we are considered for the booster jab.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It was a sunny but cold 42°F when we left home at 8.30am to go to the shopping mall.

We had a fabulous breakfast while there.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210929_093244.jpg

There needs to be a wow button.  That is some breakfast.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

There needs to be a wow button.  That is some breakfast.  

A wow button would be nice.  I hardly ever eat breakfast but after seeing this breakfast……wow.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The last two days we have had a cardinal looking at it's reflection in our house windows. Years ago we had one attacking it's reflection in the windows.  

Time will tell how dumb this one is.  They do have bird brains.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the idea, I’ll check it out!

I second the idea of a condo.  Some of the condos are part of the Omni resort area and have access to Omni amenities, like the pool and their beach area.  We rented a 1 BR condo for a week in Feb before moving here...just to see what it was like in the winter.  Waking up and looking straight at the ocean was almost cruise-like, without the gentle rocking.  I still wonder if we should have bought an ocean front condo rather than a house.  Staring at the ocean (really any form of water) is one of my favorite things.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am also intrigued by the TP from Honolulu to Sidney next October.  Although we have been to Hawaii 7 times, I wouldn’t mind a little more time there.   That cruise may be on my radar, but not sure how Australia will be in a year. 

Here's the plan...we get off in Honolulu and then you get on.  You can take our cabin.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I second the idea of a condo.  Some of the condos are part of the Omni resort area and have access to Omni amenities, like the pool and their beach area.  We rented a 1 BR condo for a week in Feb before moving here...just to see what it was like in the winter.  Waking up and looking straight at the ocean was almost cruise-like, without the gentle rocking.  I still wonder if we should have bought an ocean front condo rather than a house.  Staring at the ocean (really any form of water) is one of my favorite things.

+1 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It was a sunny but cold 42°F when we left home at 8.30am to go to the shopping mall.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210929_093244.jpg

That looks healthier than the similar version made by Sam the Cooking Guy in Andrew's post.  Maybe not healthier, but a lot less greasy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That looks healthier than the similar version made by Sam the Cooking Guy in Andrew's post.  Maybe not healthier, but a lot less greasy.

There are proper restaurants to get a nice English breakfast and places we call greasy spoons that we would never eat in.

Graham.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Happy birthday wishes for Micheline.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The last two days we have had a cardinal looking at it's reflection in our house windows. Years ago we had one attacking it's reflection in the windows.  

Time will tell how dumb this one is.  They do have bird brains.

St Louis Cardinals are still on fire. 17 straight😁

• Like 2

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Momof3gurlz, how was your Disney experience?  I just saw one of my former employees who use to work for Disney. He was just there, and said he saw many issues that degraded what was expected.  As someone who was intimately involved, he was probably more aware of where they were now cutting corners. 

This is an interesting question.  We’re a Disney loving family. Since our first trip in 1991 we’ve gone every year, missing only the year oldest got married and the year we had middle & youngest both in college.  There’s always something new as well as the familiar.  I can’t say the experience is degraded IMO, but it’s definitely different.  Now that may be because everything has to be scheduled & planned in advance nowadays or because we’re now a party of 12 with SIL’s & grandkids vs our original family of 5.  It’s probably a combination.  So I really miss the spontaneity of years ago.  I will say that this trip we found the employees to be the friendlier and more helpful than ever before.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Our cat Minnie not only LOVES Temptations…but loves to have us toss them in the air for her.  

I wish our cat would do that but he's so used to me giving him a treat with doing anything, I'm sure he would be "I'm not doing anything for you...just give it to me."

10 hours ago, George C said:

Our cats were gaining too much weight with those treats ,

That does concern me.

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Having Halloween on your list, I am guessing you have visited Silver dollar City around Halloween.  

I've been there once for Halloween but multiple times for Christmas. Love it.

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our cats also love the Temptations. We switch them up with Greenies.

I need to try these.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20210929_093244.jpg

Breakfast of champions!

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy thinks birds and mice are good for her teeth. 🤭

Lol that cracked me up.

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Tell Micheline Happy Birthday from Greg the Sea Dog. Sounds like a wonderful day. Cheers to Micheline today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

ME! I am a Christmas nut as It's my favorite time of year. Halloween is second. I go all out the decorating and fun and as a hobby I collect Christmas music. I have over 30,000 songs in my collection. Love this time of year.

Do you have “Nuns in Frigid Cells” (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)?

When my brother put together our Christmas songbooks, he put that one on the first page. Every Christmas Eve, we all get a laugh about it, and turn the page. 
Our family tradition involves a feast, then about an hour of singing, and finally the presents exchanged that night. 
Over the many years of my lifetime, I have never heard a child, including my brothers and myself, whine and say say “Can we open presents now?”.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Change of tune in Israel regarding getting the flu and the 3rd shot at the same time...

Whereas no medical reason not to get them together, it was decided that if an allergic reaction occurs, better to know from which shot it stems. 

Therefore, NOW it is recommended to leave some days between the flu and the 3rd shot.

Eric went to his doc Monday for routine visit and she gave him high dose flu shot and told him to wait 2 weeks then get his Pfizer booster.

I would have preferred he get the booster first since we leave for shore house next week and dont want to get booster in a different state, prefer all be done in our home state PA for record keeping purposes.  

But of course he didnt discuss that with her, just did what she wanted without her knowing we will be in Nj for October.   

At least LBI will be empty this time of the year and will be busy painting every room.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@grapau27, glad your surgery turned out well.

@jagsfan, congratulations on your 60th anniversary.  I hope to make that some day.

Sorry if I miss anyone as I try to backtrack all I have missed these last two weeks. 

Thank you. We’re hoping our next 60 years will bring us new adventures. 

• Like 8