Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Do you have “Nuns in Frigid Cells” (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)?

When my brother put together our Christmas songbooks, he put that one on the first page. Every Christmas Eve, we all get a laugh about it, and turn the page. 
Our family tradition involves a feast, then about an hour of singing, and finally the presents exchanged that night. 
Over the many years of my lifetime, I have never heard a child, including my brothers and myself, whine and say say “Can we open presents now?”.

I have a lot of spoken word Christmas tracks. I do not recall having that one. I do have a version of Longfellow's "Christmas Bells" which later became the basis for the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day."

I love your family tradition. Christmas is all about family and traditions. We have ours that we do every year including our throwing of "Reindeer Dust"  on the front lawn for Santa's reindeer on Christmas Eve. So fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The last two days we have had a cardinal looking at it's reflection in our house windows. Years ago we had one attacking it's reflection in the windows.  

Time will tell how dumb this one is.  They do have bird brains.

I do not know if you believe in "old wives tales" but the lurking and appearance of a cardinal represents someone who has passed away and lets you know they are still with you.

At least that is what my mom used to say.

Guess I should google it.

Take care

PS  put bread out, maybe just hungry and the bird knows you guys know how to cook.

Take care.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Hope the zoo was fun for you. We think it’s a nice one. 
Happy Birthday to Micheline. If you’re going to repeat an age, 39 is a good one!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Do you have “Nuns in Frigid Cells” (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)?

When my brother put together our Christmas songbooks, he put that one on the first page. Every Christmas Eve, we all get a laugh about it, and turn the page. 
Our family tradition involves a feast, then about an hour of singing, and finally the presents exchanged that night. 
Over the many years of my lifetime, I have never heard a child, including my brothers and myself, whine and say say “Can we open presents now?”.

Sounds like a lovely family tradition.  Although I have never heard that song, will have to look for it.

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

but the lurking and appearance of a cardinal represents someone who has passed away and lets you know they are still with you.

My mother loved birds especially Cardinals. Every year after she passed we will see one just outside our window in the winter and think that is her watching over us.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have a lot of spoken word Christmas tracks. I do not recall having that one. I do have a version of Longfellow's "Christmas Bells" which later became the basis for the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day."

I love your family tradition. Christmas is all about family and traditions. We have ours that we do every year including our throwing of "Reindeer Dust"  on the front lawn for Santa's reindeer on Christmas Eve. So fun.

It’s actually set to music…an old French Carol! Just doesn’t sound very jolly!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It’s actually set to music…an old French Carol! Just doesn’t sound very jolly!

I have a tight nit community of friends that are Christmas music collectors and I am sure one of them has it. I'll have to get a copy. You would be amazed of some of the not so jolly Christmas songs I have. I have said that I collect it all. The good..the bad...and the ugly.

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Starting out to be a good day.  They called to let us know they will be delivering the new spa next week.  Five months since we ordered it. 

Love the shirt. Wow 5 months since ordering. I am sure you will be very happy to finally get it.

• Like 1

@broadwaybaby123 Congrats. I felt great the first day. A little sore arm and blah the next day but not nearly like I did after the second dose. What are you going to binge on? We have been binging on "Episodes" with Matt LeBlanc on Netflix. Absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Sea Dog

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@broadwaybaby123 Congrats. I felt great the first day. A little sore arm and blah the next day but not nearly like I did after the second dose. What are you going to binge on? We have been binging on "Episodes" with Matt LeBlanc on Netflix. Absolutely hilarious.

Thanks.  I'm watching "The Wonder Years" (original) since I was only a year old when the series came out.  I saw the remake and really enjoyed but, but I also want to see what my parents have been talking about all these years.  They saw the remake and didn't care for it, but recommended I watch it and watch the original.  I work with seniors too, and they love the show, so I want to see what they're talking about.  I've been watching it all week and I'm currently on Season 2.

After that, "Lucifer" here I come!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Happy 39th (again) Birthday to Micheline!

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday wishes for Micheline.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Tell Micheline Happy Birthday from Greg the Sea Dog. Sounds like a wonderful day. Cheers to Micheline today.

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Birthday to Micheline. If you’re going to repeat an age, 39 is a good one!

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy 39th (again) Birthday to Micheline!

+5  💐🌺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Thanks.  I'm watching "The Wonder Years" (original) since I was only a year old when the series came out.  I saw the remake and really enjoyed but, but I also want to see what my parents have been talking about all these years.  They saw the remake and didn't care for it, but recommended I watch it and watch the original.  I work with seniors too, and they love the show, so I want to see what they're talking about.  I've been watching it all week and I'm currently on Season 2.

After that, "Lucifer" here I come!

LOVE Lucifer

• Like 1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I just noticed your signature says Idaho. When did you move to Idaho? I thought you were in calif? Lol, you get around. 

LOL I update my location based on where my work has taken me.  I am two weeks into a 4 week stint in Idaho.  My home is still in Central CA, I'm just not there very much. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hopefully it was just some bad gas and you will have no problems at all.  Is there AAA for RVs? 

Bad gas....LOL.   Hopefully not, Bucky and I just had hot dogs for lunch.   😮  😉 

Did one more test run, this time with the Jeep (and kayaks on top yet), to be sure it was not something with the aux braking system.  Everything ran fine.  Sooo...off tomorrow at noon to try it again.  

• Like 15