Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Efeste Final Final is the only red blend I'll drink (WA wine country wine)

Nice! Though I am afraid I have not heard of that one.  

We are heading to favorite area on the eastern slope...Lake Chelan.  Area has nice wines (not world class) but some decent Syrahs.  It is such a pretty area to relax and enjoy at.  Beautiful lake.  Off season, so won't be so busy with the summer tourists.  

Will be a bit chilly there.  Happy we have a big fireplace at the condo we are staying at, and they supply all the firewood we could want.  🙂 

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Here they call the 3rd Pfizer shot -- the BOOSTER...

However, if you meant a 3rd shot more adapted to the Delta variant, Pfizer is supposed to work on it right now, and the forecast for delivery is December 2021.

Meantime, it seems that Moderna's working better against Delta....

They call them booster shots here as well.  We are waiting for our Moderna booster, which hope to get in a couple of weeks.  🙂 

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Once I was on an American flight over to Heathrow. Chatting with one of the flight attendants I mentioned that the food wasn"t bad on the flight. She said... yeah, we do international a lot better than we do domestic.☺

We have found the same thing.  

But no idea of how it is now, since we have not flown international for 2 years now.  Have given up on any international travel until the end of 2022. 

2023 will be more intense with the "over the ponds" flights and cruises for us.   

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

55 here .I used to love three digit weather when I was young but now 55 is ideal.

I do love the change of seasons and the nice fresh Fall air but 55 is too chilly for me, except when I am sleeping.    I am a summer girl and my perfect weather day would be Sunny, 75 to 80, no humidity and a slight breeze.   

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

oh yes, I'm very familiar.

Before Nate swept me off my feet and I moved to CO, I lived in WA for 6 years 🙂

I still have a screen saver photo on my phone as we were coming into Stehekin on the  "Lady of the Lake" ferry 3 years ago...great time!   🙂  The Glaciers in the distance were really pretty as a backdrop. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good for your friend!  The whole thing did not make sense to me at all either.  When we flew to Alaska last year during the height of Covid, the airports were almost empty...and Delta was not allowing the sale of middle seats.  

Now...sheezz...airports are packed, and the flight is overbooked with every seat taken.  

Yes, we got cocktails, but they were not of usual quality in plastic cups with our tiny bags of peanuts and pretzels.  Bucky got lucky and got a cookie in a bag.  😄  Not impressed with American Airlines.

Flying Delta again a month from now, going out to wine area Washington state for a week.  Will see if they are doing first class a whole lot better like they were last year.  Needed to use up one of our Delta certificates by the end of the year.  

I usually like AA FC and have some points to use with them but Eric is not feeling comfortable with the idea of flying with masks on for several hours in airport, on plane, etc etc.     

Wow Bucky is one lucky guy, he got a cookie😋 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, Keksie said:

So happy that the surgery went well and he will be home soon.  

Thank you so much, Keksie.❤️

On 9/28/2021 at 3:20 PM, island lady said:

Waiting for Bucky to pull in with it right now.  Back in the RV port, pack it up again, and try it again.  

Have a wonderful trip, Pat and Bucky!!!😊

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is wonderful news.Best wishes for a speedy recovery.😀

Thank you, Lenny❤️

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted for you both that the op is over and been successful.

Graham.

Thank you so much, Graham❤️

22 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy to hear it went well, you must be relieved! 

Thank you.  We really are!❤️

You have a beautiful family.  Thank your for sharing your Disney pics.  Your daughters are gorgeous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Once I was on an American flight over to Heathrow. Chatting with one of the flight attendants I mentioned that the food wasn"t bad on the flight. She said... yeah, we do international a lot better than we do domestic.☺

I flew American Business Class from Dallas to Seoul a few years ago.  One of the flight attendants was "very experienced".  I usually flew Delta and asked her a generic question about American Business Class.  She said that she couldn't answer my question because she was usually on the Dallas to Tokyo flight, not the flight to Seoul (???).  Later, that same FA had a basket of rolls being served with dinner.  She asked what kind I wanted, and then proceeded to use her hand to move my selection from the basket to my plate.  No thanks.  My luggage didn't make it thru Seoul. Never again if I can avoid it.

I much prefer Delta or even more so their SkyTeam partners AirFrance, KLM (love the little houses) and especially Virgin Atlantic.  VA from Heathrow, using their Clubhouse check-in, was fantastic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

TSOTD

3A3F220D-35CC-4630-9891-FB243060326E.thumb.jpeg.f0ecc0b4bccb6092a8c94a59a7f6c531.jpeg

Starting out to be a good day.  They called to let us know they will be delivering the new spa next week.  Five months since we ordered it. 

I have this same t-shirt. Perfect timing for the hot tub. Sooner would have been better, but with cooler weather coming it will be nice to use.

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Here they call the 3rd Pfizer shot -- the BOOSTER...

However, if you meant a 3rd shot more adapted to the Delta variant, Pfizer is supposed to work on it right now, and the forecast for delivery is December 2021.

Meantime, it seems that Moderna's working better against Delta....

Do you know what they will be calling the 3rd shot adapted to the Delta or will they simply be calling it the 3rd shot and not a booster?

38 minutes ago, George C said:

I thought food was pretty bad on our business class to Barcelona, but that was 5 years ago.

Unfortunately the food and service has gone downhill. They should at least serve something decent because it can’t cost them that much extra considering the cost of the flights.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks Dani for being the matriarch of this online family.

Ditto from me😉

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Luckynana, glad the surgery went well.  The knee is something I may be looking at before long. Have to get an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon soon to have him evaluate a problem with my knee.  I may want to get it addressed before I get much older. 

Thank you.  Yeah, get your appointment!  Jim has been in so much pain for years;  he tried the injections in his knees, but got very little relief.  After the surgery on Monday, the surgeon asked how long Jim had been in this pain.  Jim told him it was for a long time.  Surgeon told me Jim's knee was such a mess, he found bits of bone and cartilage.   One thing Jim said to me,  is that people don't realize how much time firemen spend on their knees at fires.  Jim worked on the lower east side of Manhattan for years

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

F0606C62-601B-4371-967C-3925B2FDBC8D.thumb.jpeg.167618bf2872ee7f3ed16626cfa3f2e5.jpeg

I've never seen these potato chips before!  They must be delicious, since you've got 2 bags there.😉

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

So now we’re in a town with no bonded maid service and needing help with our huge yard…and landscaping/maintenance is extremely hard to find as well.  I was considering moving to a town where such things were available…and downsizing from our five bedroom (10 fireplaces) Victorian home…but my husband loves the house and doesn’t want to move.  Sigh.  

Your home sounds beautiful.  How old is your Victorian?  The home we left on S.I. was well over 100 years old.  We still had the original clapboard on the house.  We love that house but it was getting to be too much for us.  

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Poor Jim, he must have been in a lot of pain. Very happy to hear surgery went well. Here’s to a knee pain free future. 🥂

Thank you, Renee! ❤️  He really was in so much pain.  He's hoping to get his left knee done after we come back from Naples next May🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

For 25 years I worked in a 20 story NYC office building owned by my employers.Every year at Christmas an employee would be volunteered to go from floor to floor singing Christmas Carols. Due to the fact that one person supposedly had the best singing voice he was designated to do so for the 25 years that he worked for the company.Surprisingly,that was me.

Great story Lenny. Keep on singing.

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here is Owen making a catch play. 

IMG_0733.MOV 10.71 MB · 0 downloads

I tried to watch the video but all I get is an error 

"Sorry!

We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

Weird It's happened to me before. I thought you should be able to upload videos as attached files and they would appear in a player ready to watch.

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Your home sounds beautiful.  How old is your Victorian? 

Well, our current house is New Haywood and it was finished in 1880.  It was constructed from building materials from an older house, Haywood, which was a Federal style.  The owners wanted a Victorian closer to the main road.  So who knows exactly how old our stained glass and heart pine is?!

image.jpeg.0c43edb28a76d431178a93405468b986.jpeg

• Like 16

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Greenies dental treats are better for their teeth. And they love them just as much as Temptations. In fact, too much. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Greenies addict?😁

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy thinks birds and mice are good for her teeth. 🤭

Our daughters Pug thinks all things, including rocks, squirrels,  etc. are good for her teeth!

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It was a sunny but cold 42°F when we left home at 8.30am to go to the shopping mall.

We had a fabulous breakfast while there.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210929_093244.jpg

Where do you put all of this food, Graham??????

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Whereas no medical reason not to get them together, it was decided that if an allergic reaction occurs, better to know from which shot it stems.

That makes a lot of sense!

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Happy Birthday Micheline!  39 is a wonderful age to be!😊

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My mother loved birds especially Cardinals. Every year after she passed we will see one just outside our window in the winter and think that is her watching over us.

It surely is your Mom watching over you all.

I've also heard dragonflies are angels coming to visit.  I get several of them around my Koi pond during the Summer.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Greenies addict?😁

Our daughters Pug thinks all things, including rocks, squirrels,  etc. are good for her teeth!

Where do you put all of this food, Graham??????

That makes a lot of sense!

Happy Birthday Micheline!  39 is a wonderful age to be!😊

It surely is your Mom watching over you all.

I've also heard dragonflies are angels coming to visit.  I get several of them around my Koi pond during the Summer.

We had fruit for lunch to balance the large breakfast.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

He surely isn't looking forward to tomorrow morning.  He said if he didn't feel up to it, he'd go on Friday.  I told him it doesn't work that way!   Wishful thinking.. We have to be at PT at 8 am tomorrow.😁

I was an in-patient for PT after my femur bone surgery to repair a break.  I had 2 sessions daily.  Grueling!  My therapist used to hunt me down if I was 5 minutes late.  He once came into the dining room while I was having breakfast.  He was 10 minutes early.  I told him to go torture someone else that morning.  😄 PT paid off.  I was back at work less than 3 weeks later. I could have returned sooner but I had a flight of stairs I had to walk up to get  up to my office.

Good luck with Jim's PT!  Ask his therapist/doctor if Jim should take a pain pill 30 mins. before PT sessions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh well, came close to not going at all.   We will still have fun and make the most of it....assuming all runs well and we don't have any more engine problems.  

We're all rooting for you and Bucky, Pat!  Safe travels, and have a wonderful time!!!

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Tried to make the most of our renovated outdoor space, and invited friends and family as long as the weather permits dining outside.

sukkot.jpg

and then after some of them got here. Our single son is very good with kids and helped them with mini-baseball.

sukkot1.jpg

A good and tasty time was had by all 😉

It looks beautiful, Dani!!  Amazing view!

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Haven’t scheduled it yet but hopefully some time in January. I wanted to get through the holidays before I do it.

We were hoping Jim's would've been scheduled in July, but guy in charge of scheduling was out sick, couldn't be reached, etc. etc.  but, now it's done!!!!!

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Later on my son in law brought my grand puppy to see my wife and I.We had not been with him since before my wifes surgery.

How is your wife doing since her surgery, Lenny?  All good, I trust?

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We are on the 3rd floor looking at over one of the pool areas, they are having karaoke now from 12pm to 4pm.

Looks like a great and fun place to vacation, Jimbo!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We will be getting our flu shot this week and aren’t due for the booster till December. Is there any news about a shot that is the booster and not just the third shot?

IF the tweaked Pfizer will be available in December that will be  Perfect timing for you and Mike.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had a great day at the Jacksonville Zoo today.  I post several pics later but headed off now to get ready for dinner.  Since we've been sharing a lot of TSOD info lately, I'll quickly share 4 t-shirts that I liked in the gift shop.

IMG_7777.thumb.jpg.9d5d2dc2cccd8c4e9b8ccf32cdcbd800.jpg

IMG_7778.thumb.jpg.35fbd9231198943d25d344843658c4ab.jpg

IMG_7779.thumb.jpg.1ed99730c4e16874844b55a97c832433.jpg

IMG_7780.thumb.jpg.0bf52c290ae1c450da78e0c1afb8b3f0.jpg

I like tshirt #3 and 4.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I flew American Business Class from Dallas to Seoul a few years ago.  One of the flight attendants was "very experienced".  I usually flew Delta and asked her a generic question about American Business Class.  She said that she couldn't answer my question because she was usually on the Dallas to Tokyo flight, not the flight to Seoul (???).  Later, that same FA had a basket of rolls being served with dinner.  She asked what kind I wanted, and then proceeded to use her hand to move my selection from the basket to my plate.  No thanks.  My luggage didn't make it thru Seoul. Never again if I can avoid it.

I much prefer Delta or even more so their SkyTeam partners AirFrance, KLM (love the little houses) and especially Virgin Atlantic.  VA from Heathrow, using their Clubhouse check-in, was fantastic. 

Yes, we love the check in. And their lounge. I think the inflight food is pretty close to the good old days. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Well, our current house is New Haywood and it was finished in 1880.  It was constructed from building materials from an older house, Haywood, which was a Federal style.  The owners wanted a Victorian closer to the main road.  So who knows exactly how old our stained glass and heart pine is?!

image.jpeg.0c43edb28a76d431178a93405468b986.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous!!