Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, island lady said:

American Airlines first class...not impressed at all.  Whole plane was packed with every seat filled, no meals even in first class (which would have been nice since we ended up with a super tight connection and no chance to buy food to bring on).  Vending machines cheap snacks. 

I mentioned in their survey that it would not kill them to offer prepacked sandwiches in first class.  Paying premium for those seats, getting lack luster lame service.  😠

did you at least get free cocktails/wine?    

I friend at work just returned from a trip to visit family and she said one of the craziest things she saw at the airport was a worker that was telling everyone to stay at least 6' apart from the next person in line while waiting to get thru TSA.     My friend asked the Woman, why do we need to social distance in line when we are going to be crammed into a plane for several hours next to complete strangers.     The woman couldn't answer her and told her just to do it 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Last day of a month long holidays....

Tried to make the most of our renovated outdoor space, and invited friends and family as long as the weather permits dining outside.

Last, but not least -- my DIL's family. First time for us -- 14 persons. We measured all the chairs in the house.... and managed to cram 14 around the table.

This is before

sukkot.jpg

and then after some of them got here. Our single son is very good with kids and helped them with mini-baseball.

sukkot1.jpg

A good and tasty time was had by all 😉

Good job getting it all together!  Always love the pictures of your great patio/balcony.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I have bad knees and the extra leg room is great , plus I can drink for the entire time so I can avoid the mask, but service isn’t what it was . After flying first last ten years it would be difficult to return to coach , same goes for suites after doing that for same amount of time , I rather not go to regular cabins.

You got that right!

. 😉  Going to use what we worked hard to earn while we are still able to do so, and don't plan on leaving any inheritance to spoiled stepdaughter.  Bucky in total agreement.  😄 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I second the idea of a condo.  Some of the condos are part of the Omni resort area and have access to Omni amenities, like the pool and their beach area.  We rented a 1 BR condo for a week in Feb before moving here...just to see what it was like in the winter.  Waking up and looking straight at the ocean was almost cruise-like, without the gentle rocking.  I still wonder if we should have bought an ocean front condo rather than a house.  Staring at the ocean (really any form of water) is one of my favorite things.

We live in a town house condo.There are 1560 people living here of all ages from babies to a 97 year old man.There are 3 areas that people seem to like .One is facing the three outdoor pools .One is facing a lake that is in the middle and one is where my wife and I live which is at the very end.Three houses to our left is a couple who are avid cruisers and post on CC,three houses to their left is a woman who cruises a lot and posts on CC.Two blocks to her left are several other people who love to cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually it was not free.   They spent two hours at 145.00 an hour checking it all over.  Hooked it up and ran it through as many diagnostic tests they could think of.  Also spent time taking it out on the highway at various speeds.  No parts to pay for (and thankfully not to wait on) but they did spend time with it.  We happily paid them the 290.00 to have peace of mind about the hookup and opinion.  They are good people and have done many repairs for us in the past.  

Best thing, is they are located inside our community.  Pretty easy to bring it to them and walk home.  😉 

I didn't mean that there was no cost for diagnostics. I mean no cost for a major repair. It is a little like going to your doctor for chest pain and not finding that you need coronary bypass surgery.😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We attempted to go to Paula Deens, but they don't take reservations. We didn't get there until 5pm and they were booked up completely until the last seating at 8pm. we may attempt to go back later in the week but not sure since we would probably have to arrive before 3pm to put our name in.

We are staying on the South end of South Ocean Blvd at the Holiday Inn Vacation South Beach Resort. We got this place with an exchange for one of our time shares in Florida.

We like the location, it's close enough to everything for us yet out of the more hectic mid-town Myrtle Beach.

One thing my wife doesn't like is about the location is it is near the Myrtle Beach Airport, the planes take off not to far from our place and then they fly up over the beach like St. Maartens

I think it is cool though when laying on the beach and having the planes fly over the beach and then over the ocean.

Another neat area near by is the The Market Commons, shops and restaurants.

https://www.marketcommonmb.com/

Broadway at the Beach was where Paula Deens, Hard Rock Cafe and Joes' Crab Shack were which is about 20 minutes from Holiday where we are staying.

https://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

Thank you Jimbo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Last day of a month long holidays....

Tried to make the most of our renovated outdoor space, and invited friends and family as long as the weather permits dining outside.

Last, but not least -- my DIL's family. First time for us -- 14 persons. We measured all the chairs in the house.... and managed to cram 14 around the table.

This is before

sukkot.jpg

and then after some of them got here. Our single son is very good with kids and helped them with mini-baseball.

sukkot1.jpg

A good and tasty time was had by all 😉

Dani,

This looks lovely.

• Thanks 1

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Best wishes for a very happy 39th.birthday to your wife.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

did you at least get free cocktails/wine?    

I friend at work just returned from a trip to visit family and she said one of the craziest things she saw at the airport was a worker that was telling everyone to stay at least 6' apart from the next person in line while waiting to get thru TSA.     My friend asked the Woman, why do we need to social distance in line when we are going to be crammed into a plane for several hours next to complete strangers.     The woman couldn't answer her and told her just to do it 

Good for your friend!  The whole thing did not make sense to me at all either.  When we flew to Alaska last year during the height of Covid, the airports were almost empty...and Delta was not allowing the sale of middle seats.  

Now...sheezz...airports are packed, and the flight is overbooked with every seat taken.  

Yes, we got cocktails, but they were not of usual quality in plastic cups with our tiny bags of peanuts and pretzels.  Bucky got lucky and got a cookie in a bag.  😄  Not impressed with American Airlines.

Flying Delta again a month from now, going out to wine area Washington state for a week.  Will see if they are doing first class a whole lot better like they were last year.  Needed to use up one of our Delta certificates by the end of the year.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Change of tune in Israel regarding getting the flu and the 3rd shot at the same time...

Whereas no medical reason not to get them together, it was decided that if an allergic reaction occurs, better to know from which shot it stems. 

Therefore, NOW it is recommended to leave some days between the flu and the 3rd shot.

We will be getting our flu shot this week and aren’t due for the booster till December. Is there any news about a shot that is the booster and not just the third shot?

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

St Louis Cardinals are still on fire. 17 straight😁

They signed Arenado .So many other teams said he can only do well in Colorado.They have Harrison Bader who grew up in NY,wanted to play for NY teams but they said no .They have a future HOF guy in Molina and the best 40 year old pitcher in MLB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We found greenies hidden all over the house.

I would still get all choked up when I would find Katie's favorite little fluffy ball toys she used to stuff under every piece of furniture and kitchen appliance.  She had been gone 6 months, but I still found them occasionally when I moved a big piece of furniture.  

The cat sitter would find them in her water dish and food dish as well when we were gone on a trip. 

Must have thought they were hungry and thirsty.  😉 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

When you play hard you have to sleep hard.  

Samantha6.thumb.jpeg.75e83d5aa42974289859038cd968f588.jpeg

Love her markings.

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Happy Birthday to Micheline. Hope she has a wonderful day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Is there any news about a shot that is the booster and not just the third shot?

Here they call the 3rd Pfizer shot -- the BOOSTER...

However, if you meant a 3rd shot more adapted to the Delta variant, Pfizer is supposed to work on it right now, and the forecast for delivery is December 2021.

Meantime, it seems that Moderna's working better against Delta....

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good for your friend!  The whole thing did not make sense to me at all either.  When we flew to Alaska last year during the height of Covid, the airports were almost empty...and Delta was not allowing the sale of middle seats.  

Now...sheezz...airports are packed, and the flight is overbooked with every seat taken.  

Yes, we got cocktails, but they were not of usual quality in plastic cups with our tiny bags of peanuts and pretzels.  Bucky got lucky and got a cookie in a bag.  😄  Not impressed with American Airlines.

Flying Delta again a month from now, going out to wine area Washington state for a week.  Will see if they are doing first class a whole lot better like they were last year.  Needed to use up one of our Delta certificates by the end of the year.  

Once I was on an American flight over to Heathrow. Chatting with one of the flight attendants I mentioned that the food wasn"t bad on the flight. She said... yeah, we do international a lot better than we do domestic.☺

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't mean that there was no cost for diagnostics. I mean no cost for a major repair. It is a little like going to your doctor for chest pain and not finding that you need coronary bypass surgery.😉

LOL....nope...so far so good and the land yacht does not need a heart transplant either...or at least so far anyway. 😮

If we get really lucky with no more issues....the future repairs will be on the next owner when we get back and sell it.  😉 

The RV service people here in the community, also have an RV sales lot.  They are salivating to get our land yacht in there to sell on consignment.  RVs are a very hot commodity right now, and with this one having 1.5 baths, 4 TVs with theater set up, electric fireplace, washer dryer, etc.....plus being one owner, non smokers, and have replaced both A/C units, all six tires, carpeting, and all the leather...won't last long.  

Then....we end up with a really...really big extra garage for our regular four wheeled vehicles!!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Once I was on an American flight over to Heathrow. Chatting with one of the flight attendants I mentioned that the food wasn"t bad on the flight. She said... yeah, we do international a lot better than we do domestic.☺

I thought food was pretty bad on our business class to Barcelona, but that was 5 years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have a tight nit community of friends that are Christmas music collectors and I am sure one of them has it. I'll have to get a copy. You would be amazed of some of the not so jolly Christmas songs I have. I have said that I collect it all. The good..the bad...and the ugly.

Love the shirt. Wow 5 months since ordering. I am sure you will be very happy to finally get it.

For 25 years I worked in a 20 story NYC office building owned by my employers.Every year at Christmas an employee would be volunteered to go from floor to floor singing Christmas Carols. Due to the fact that one person supposedly had the best singing voice he was designated to do so for the 25 years that he worked for the company.Surprisingly,that was me.

• Like 9

On 9/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, jagsfan said:

I tried to post a comment, but it poofed!

Just wanted to say that what got me more than anything else at the memorial is the little wall near the big Wall Memorial. The big one lists every soul who lost their lives on the Arizona that day. 
The little wall contains the names of survivors who chose to have their ashes brought to the Arizona after they died so they could rejoin their shipmates. 
That really touched my heart. 

The day that we went to the Arizona, we had to wait to pull up to the ship, since a family was having their loved one interred just prior to our arrival.  It was very touching, indeed.  So sad, and so emotional.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

What did I do today you ask ? I was outside for the first time in 4 weeks.One of my daughters came here to take me to a doctor.

Later on my son in law brought my grand puppy to see my wife and I.We had not been with him since before my wifes surgery.

Beautiful day to get out and enjoy the fresh fall air.    Hope all went well at the Doc appt.     and I hope your wifes recovery is going well 🥰

• Like 2