Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Bad gas....LOL.   Hopefully not, Bucky and I just had hot dogs for lunch.   😮  😉 

Did one more test run, this time with the Jeep (and kayaks on top yet), to be sure it was not something with the aux braking system.  Everything ran fine.  Sooo...off tomorrow at noon to try it again.  

Good luck 🤞

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You going to head out tomorrow morning?      Safe travels.      

RV was upset you didn't take it to Maine this year..HaHa!

Agree....I think the land yacht was peeved at being left behind this summer.  She seems to be running fine now...mysteriously fixed herself.  Had one more full test run this morning, and now packing up the fridge and freezer again for a noon take off tomorrow.  Six week tour is now four weeks, assuming all goes well.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Great that you will be back on the road. It is always a bit concerning when the issue can't be identified but the bright side is that it didn't cost anything to fix it!

Actually it was not free.   They spent two hours at 145.00 an hour checking it all over.  Hooked it up and ran it through as many diagnostic tests they could think of.  Also spent time taking it out on the highway at various speeds.  No parts to pay for (and thankfully not to wait on) but they did spend time with it.  We happily paid them the 290.00 to have peace of mind about the hookup and opinion.  They are good people and have done many repairs for us in the past.  

Best thing, is they are located inside our community.  Pretty easy to bring it to them and walk home.  😉 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been traveling back and forth between Boise and Spokane for the last couple of weeks and have decided that this is where I retire.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Low, low crime, inexpensive property and I think I like small town living too. As long as I have access to a decent larger town within a reasonable driving distance, that is. Full retirement is still a ways away but semi retirement seems it might just be right around the corner though. I'm getting weary. I've found a couple little towns in the middle of nowhere here with populations between 1000 and 2000 but within an hour of Lewiston and 3 hours of Spokane.  I'm thinking maybe buying land now and use it with the RV occasionally until then.  Maybe summer up here... and CA or cruise in winter.

Now just have to convince DW. 🙂 

IMG_1027.jpeg

Beautiful!  And same situation and same draw for me with northern Maine.  But too cold in the winter.  Sun lizard Bucky would never survive.  Hence the reason we were looking for a seasonal summer home up there, but did not work out finding one this year.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@bobmacliberty, great pictures and recaps from your cruise.  Although we have a B2B on Oasis in January, I am looking at a B2B on Allure for February/March.  Airfare is as expensive as one week of the cruise, so if we book, we may make the drive again from PA.

I am also intrigued by the TP from Honolulu to Sidney next October.  Although we have been to Hawaii 7 times, I wouldn’t mind a little more time there.   That cruise may be on my radar, but not sure how Australia will be in a year. 

Not sure on Australia for next year either.  Cancelled Aussie trip ending in Hawaii for this year, have rebooked for 2023, not wanting to even take a chance on 2022.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, George C said:

Airfare is crazy now we are paying hundreds more than normal each way to Florida first class.

American Airlines first class...not impressed at all.  Whole plane was packed with every seat filled, no meals even in first class (which would have been nice since we ended up with a super tight connection and no chance to buy food to bring on).  Vending machines cheap snacks. 

I mentioned in their survey that it would not kill them to offer prepacked sandwiches in first class.  Paying premium for those seats, getting lack luster lame service.  😠

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Happy Birthday to Micheline!!  🙂  

Birthday cake with candles on white background Stock Photo | Adobe Stock

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good luck my merry road travelers. Have a great time.

Thanks!  Though I did find one more snag.  I must have slipped when I punched in the site number for one of my favorite parks Grayton Beach state park.  Thought we were in #53, (best site in the park) but it shows up as #55 (worst site in the park).  And we are there for two weeks.  😞   Oh well, still has full hook up (water, full 50 am electric, and city sewer hook up).  Having the water/sewer hook up allows me to use our washer dryer in the land yacht, plus as long as I like with my showers as well.  😉 

Those sites book up immediately, having to punch them in at 11 months in advance and even to the minute when the sites open at 8 am online.  They stay fully booked.  No site changing there.  

Oh well, came close to not going at all.   We will still have fun and make the most of it....assuming all runs well and we don't have any more engine problems.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7

Last day of a month long holidays....

Tried to make the most of our renovated outdoor space, and invited friends and family as long as the weather permits dining outside.

Last, but not least -- my DIL's family. First time for us -- 14 persons. We measured all the chairs in the house.... and managed to cram 14 around the table.

This is before

sukkot.jpg

and then after some of them got here. Our single son is very good with kids and helped them with mini-baseball.

sukkot1.jpg

A good and tasty time was had by all 😉

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 24

On 9/28/2021 at 1:05 PM, Arzeena said:

Very happy to hear that all is well. Wishing him a great recovery. Hugs from me when you see him.

Thank you, Arzeena!❤️

On 9/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Sea Dog said:

So happy to hear this Maryann. Please give Jim my wishes for a great rehab and let him know I’ll be joining him in the club soon.

Thank you, Greg. ❤️ I'm guessing you're scheduled sometime after your cruise?

On 9/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Agree!!

Maryann, so glad Jim''s surgery  was successful.  I know it's a great relief. Hope his rehab goes well.

Aw, thanks Bonnie❤️ He starts his rehab tomorrow as an outpatient.  I was surprised PT isn't coming to our home

On 9/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, Arzeena said:

Bionic Knee Club?😁

I told Jim he's now got two metal parts, between his knee and his heart valve.  As soon as I said it, I had to correct myself;  he has a cow's heart valve.  One of our daughters got Jim a T-shirt with a cow on it saying "Moo"..lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:
On 9/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, Sea Dog said:

Thank you, Greg. ❤️ I'm guessing you're scheduled sometime after your cruise?

Haven’t scheduled it yet but hopefully some time in January. I wanted to get through the holidays before I do it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

American Airlines first class...not impressed at all.  Whole plane was packed with every seat filled, no meals even in first class (which would have been nice since we ended up with a super tight connection and no chance to buy food to bring on).  Vending machines cheap snacks. 

I mentioned in their survey that it would not kill them to offer prepacked sandwiches in first class.  Paying premium for those seats, getting lack luster lame service.  😠

I have bad knees and the extra leg room is great , plus I can drink for the entire time so I can avoid the mask, but service isn’t what it was . After flying first last ten years it would be difficult to return to coach , same goes for suites after doing that for same amount of time , I rather not go to regular cabins.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Yallllll went to Paula Deen's!!!! I may not be a big fan of her food but I used to love watching her show....very therapeutic (for me at least) hearing that accent.😁

Jimbo, any suggetions on places to stay at in Myrtle beach?

We attempted to go to Paula Deens, but they don't take reservations. We didn't get there until 5pm and they were booked up completely until the last seating at 8pm. we may attempt to go back later in the week but not sure since we would probably have to arrive before 3pm to put our name in.

We are staying on the South end of South Ocean Blvd at the Holiday Inn Vacation South Beach Resort. We got this place with an exchange for one of our time shares in Florida.

We like the location, it's close enough to everything for us yet out of the more hectic mid-town Myrtle Beach.

One thing my wife doesn't like is about the location is it is near the Myrtle Beach Airport, the planes take off not to far from our place and then they fly up over the beach like St. Maartens

I think it is cool though when laying on the beach and having the planes fly over the beach and then over the ocean.

Another neat area near by is the The Market Commons, shops and restaurants.

https://www.marketcommonmb.com/

Broadway at the Beach was where Paula Deens, Hard Rock Cafe and Joes' Crab Shack were which is about 20 minutes from Holiday where we are staying.

https://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, DaniDanielle said:

So happy for you two.

Thank you, Marietta! ❤️ So glad it's done.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, dani negreanu said:

+5 🥰

Thank you, Dani!❤️😘

On 9/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, island lady said:

So happy to hear things went well.  Now on to a speedy recovery!  🙂 

Thanks so much, Pat❤️

23 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So glad it’s over and went well. Now the important part starts! A good rehab will make him a new man!

Thank you, Mimi.  I sure hope so!😉❤️

23 hours ago, Lionesss said:

MaryAnn congrats on the spouse's successful surgery.

Wish him well, and speedy safe recovery.

Stay healthy

Thank you, Sue!❤️

22 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So Happy to hear that his surgery / knee replacement went well.    

It poured here for about an hour of thunder, lightning and heavy rain.    Stopped but still dark and gloomy. 

Here's hoping (hopping-hehe) he will be home later today.     🌼

You're too funny, Debbie!  Thank you. ❤️ I lucked out with the rain.  It stopped way before I had to go get Jim.  

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great news!  I sure you know how important it is for him to keep up with the rehab.  I bet he will love it when he works through all of this.  Hang in there.

He surely isn't looking forward to tomorrow morning.  He said if he didn't feel up to it, he'd go on Friday.  I told him it doesn't work that way!   Wishful thinking.. We have to be at PT at 8 am tomorrow.😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Everything looks great.  What is that wonderworks building?  I have never been to myrtle beach.

https://www.wonderworksonline.com/myrtle-beach/

We walked by it after dinner and it was closing, I think it's like a kids museum./ amusement rides. Really neat to look at though. The building was huge !!.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Today is Micheline's birthday.  She's 39 again! 😉  We are headed to the Jacksonville Zoo for the day.  Haven't been there yet.  And then dinner tonight at a nice local restaurant called Le Clos.  Should be a good day.

Happy Birthday to Micheline😍   I wish her a wonderful day and many more birthdays at age of 39.😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I just plan on relaxing.  I got my COVID booster (already completed the initial 2-dose series of Pfizer) so I just plan on binge watching Hulu today!  I feel great so far, I'm 2 hours post-booster.

Sounds like a great day!     Remember to frequently move the arm around that got the jab.     It really does help from the arm feeling sore this evening or tomorrow morning.    🤩

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Last day of a month long holidays....

Tried to make the most of our renovated outdoor space, and invited friends and family as long as the weather permits dining outside.

Last, but not least -- my DIL's family. First time for us -- 14 persons. We measured all the chairs in the house.... and managed to cram 14 around the table.

This is before

sukkot.jpg

and then after some of them got here. Our single son is very good with kids and helped them with mini-baseball.

sukkot1.jpg

A good and tasty time was had by all 😉

I just love your outdoor space! I would enjoy the view.  Looks like a great place to hang out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Thanks.  I'm watching "The Wonder Years" (original) since I was only a year old when the series came out.  I saw the remake and really enjoyed but, but I also want to see what my parents have been talking about all these years.  They saw the remake and didn't care for it, but recommended I watch it and watch the original.  I work with seniors too, and they love the show, so I want to see what they're talking about.  I've been watching it all week and I'm currently on Season 2.

After that, "Lucifer" here I come!

The Wonder Years is a great series to binge on.     I loved that show when it first aired I would faithfully watch every week.   

Lucifer is a good too.     Little corny at times but I enjoyed it.   

• Like 1