Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

We grow Pineapples from babies.  First original one was from the grocery store, eat the body, chop off the head...stuff it in the dirt.  Brutal.  😉 Then when Pineapples are ripe, repeat the process.  Have six of them growing now...and today was another harvest day.  Mmmm...fresh Pineapple chunks for Bucky's rum drink, and I will use some for my Pineapple, BBQ chicken pizza this weekend.  🙂 

20201218_123707.jpg

20201218_123739.jpg

20201218_123750.jpg

20201218_123850.jpg

Nice photos Pat.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  It's a delicious hobby!  😉 

You are the first person (people) that I kinda know that grow their own pineapples. That is really cool. 🍹 The only thing that grows this time of year for us is ice cycles and they wouldn't be good in a drink. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You are the first person (people) that I kinda know that grow their own pineapples. That is really cool. 🍹 The only thing that grows this time of year for us is ice cycles and they wouldn't be good in a drink. 

LOL...well you could make your own wine in the cellar!  😉  🍷

When we owned the house in Merritt Island we had a full orchard.  Two Grapefruit trees, an Orange tree, a huge Fig tree, massive Mango tree, banana trees (fantastic banana bread!), and a nice size Avocado.  I grew the Avocado from a pit (bought at grocery store...I ate it's mother).   Put the pit in a cup of water, and waited.  Had to name the tree "sprout"...Bucky kept telling me it wouldn't sprout.  Two days later...little stem and leaf pops out.  Put in pot until it got bigger, then transferred into the yard, boy did it grow fast.  

Now that we are in the rather controlled environment here in "the swamp"...we are limited to what we can have here.  So Pineapples on the walkway it is.  🤗🍍

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...well you could make your own wine in the cellar!  😉  🍷

When we owned the house in Merritt Island we had a full orchard.  Two Grapefruit trees, an Orange tree, a huge Fig tree, massive Mango tree, banana trees (fantastic banana bread!), and a nice size Avocado.  I grew the Avocado from a pit (bought at grocery store...I ate it's mother).   Put the pit in a cup of water, and waited.  Had to name the tree "sprout"...Bucky kept telling me it wouldn't sprout.  Two days later...little stem and leaf pops out.  Put in pot until it got bigger, then transferred into the yard, boy did it grow fast.  

Now that we are in the rather controlled environment here in "the swamp"...we are limited to what we can have here.  So Pineapples on the walkway it is.  🤗🍍

I did try making wine in my other life a very long crazy time ago. Turns out I was better at making low grade vinegar. But I did grow some good home grown back then. 😎✌️

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I did try making wine in my other life a very long crazy time ago. Turns out I was better at making low grade vinegar. But I did grow some good home grown back then. 😎✌️

LOL...Yes...Bucky was quite the farmer in his younger age also.  😄  🌿

• Like 4

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great sunrise this morning but cold. Felt like -16C this morning, but no wind. 

You see anything in the picture?

That’s a hot air balloon. It’s going to be cold up there today. 

I am pretty sure that's a Canadian in that balloon, and 100% certain it isn't a Floridian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s a pretty good doing. I assume the drone a programmable. Lol

Wait this wasn't being done by Walmart's precision drone flying core?  Well now I feel misled.  Actually I thought it was pretty impressive.

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 12:53 PM, Domino D said:

Sitting here in my office (in my house).  Getting ready to start a new project and have a bunch of background material to wade through.  So in others words "procrastinating".  It is absolutely freezing in the house today.  The woman in charge told me last night that the heat was running too much and turned the thermostat down.  Even though she is gone for the day, I'm afraid to turn it up. 

I just calculated that if I turn it up, I need to turn it back down at 3pm, so the house gets cold before she gets home.  Leave no trace of the heat running.   I am realizing how well trained I am. 

Ask Alexa to raise it, then set an ITTT routine to lower it if she approaches. Genius

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

They would have leapt to their demise before it left terra firma. 😉

I wouldn't get in a hot air balloon cradle as I don't like heights.

It is 48f and sunny here this morning.

No plans for the day but we might pop down to the beach like yesterday which is 10 minutes drive away and take a picnic or go to the city beach which is 15 minutes drive away and get a carton each of takeaway English chips as the bars and restaurants are closed with our Tier3 Lockdown.

Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I wouldn't get in a hot air balloon cradle as I don't like heights.

It is 48f and sunny here this morning.

No plans for the day but we might pop down to the beach like yesterday which is 10 minutes drive away and take a picnic or go to the city beach which is 15 minutes drive away and get a carton each of takeaway English chips as the bars and restaurants are closed with our Tier3 Lockdown.

Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Graham.

Mmmm mm, fish and chips, lovely. 😋

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I dont know if I picked up from our sons when they were teenagers several years ago but I have been saying  no worries for awhile.  Adulting.  That is a new one.  I'll have to try it out on our sons.

Now there is also "100%" "absolutely"
 and the ever new "out of an abundance of caution"😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just walked back into the house from watching a beautiful SpaceX launch, spy satellite.  The booster did not land on the barge out to sea, but instead on land at Cape Canaveral.   When it does that.."BOOM-BOOM".  So cool double sonic booms. 

Sky was so clear, we even saw the booster coming straight down to land, wow...fast!  No pictures, sorry....too much glare from the eastern sun.  Was a sunglasses on viewing.  😉 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We had nice fish and chips and walk along the seafront.

IMG_20201219_130516.jpg

IMG_20201219_125927.jpg

Lovely!  Oh I would love some fish and chips with mushy peas from a proper house.    When we stayed a week at the The Reubens at Buckingham Palace our doorman sent us to a fabulous place for fish n chips.  We went there 3 times during our 8 day trip.   I have to find out the name.  Eric will remember.

• Like 3