Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Been away for a couple of nights Sue.

Breakfast this morning in a Frankie and Benny's near York.

It is 7°C and partly cloudy in Harrogate.

Graham.

IMG_20220122_104916.jpg

I’ve come to the conclusion that calories don’t count in the northern part of England. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Made it to Ft. Lauderdale. 9°F when I left home and 70°F here right now. Feels soooo good.

Did you wear your cold weather clothes, and then carry them?

When I skiied a couple of times every winter, I would board the plane in my bib, after ski boots and heavy sweatshirt. 
Too bulky to pack, and I’d freeze in Colorado when we arrived. 
People in our Jacksonville airport would stare at us. I always wanted to say we were filming a movie. 
Have a most fabulous cruise!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

"After Life"  is on my watch list.

Just finished watching 'Archive 81', pretty good if you like weird mysterious creepy horror shows. Couple of interesting twists. Without giving anything away, there are a few disturbing themes so it's not for the faint of heart. 

I’ve looked at “Archive 81”, it’s on my list after part one of season 4 of “Ozark”

• Like 1

Made it to Ft. Lauderdale. 9°F when I left home and 70°F here right now. Feels soooo good.

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Glad your flight was uneventful and it didn’t make the news for any crazy inflight antics LOL.  Have a great cruise.

51 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have a great cruise OB!

36 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You are a brave, brave man, especially flying out of the Northeast in January!  Glad it all went off without a hitch.  
We like to get there at least a couple of days early to pre-game 🙂.  

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bon Voyage...🥂

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I like your plan. I hope you have a fantastic cruise. Please send us some pics and let us know the fun you will be having. Best wishes to you. Cheers to you and a Miami Vice.

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Have a wonderful time.  Enjoy every minute.  

+7   + So glad your prayers helped with the flight 😎

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This morning the rain had cleared, so we decided to walk the Narrabeen Lagoon Trail, a 8.8km circuit.

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Having worked up an appetite, we enjoyed a coffee and brunch in a nearby cafe.

Those eggs look very tasty.

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

I cleaned one of my office drawers today and found these gems from our first cruise together in 2014….we were babies! And I was a lot lighter! 😱😮🤣

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Gorgeous

+ 3 (also @Sea Dog whom I forgot to quote...)

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I really really want to visit Australia and we hope to in the Autumn , but all your creepy crawlies do put me off a little 

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn Australia is definitely worth visiting, don’t let my post put you off.  
Loved David Bowie back in the day and saw his Serious Moonlight Tour in Sydney.

+1  Another vote for Australia !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+7   + So glad your prayers helped with the flight 😎

Those eggs look very tasty.

+ 3 (also @Sea Dog whom I forgot to quote...)

+1  Another vote for Australia !!!

And another!

Australia is wonderful, and I never saw a creepy crawly!

Allow time to visit Australia and New Zealand. Each beautiful in different ways, so much to see and experience, and it’s a long plane ride to get there, even from the West Coast. 

• Like 3

Thankful all is going well.  Enjoy the warm sun!

I’m sure you will remember and others cruising this week but a reminder anyway.  With reduced numbers you will have the opportunity to upgrade your room.  
Looking forward to cruise pic!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheal said:

You must have a big dog!  My little 11lb dog was on 50mg 3X daily.  The pregabalin is working out better for him but without the good RX it would be $500 for a month's supply. 

I don't live in West Warwick but they gladly gave me a box.  I was there to renew my membership card so this location is only minutes from my house.  Maybe check tomorrow?  I only found out because I stopped by, I did notice (after I went home) that they mentioned the kits available while supplies lasted. They only give 1 kit (two tests) per person.  The librarian told me to come back later but I was good. 

The KC YMCA sent out a notice they had test kits to hand out but I didn't feel like making a special trip.  I will be going tomorrow, I wouldn't mind scoring another set.

@dani negreanuI'm not a seafood lover but the presentation on that dish was beautiful!

@ReneeFLLCongrats on passing your test.  Enjoy your week.  BTW, one of my orchids has a flower shoot.  The other one, well, not looking so good.  Leaves are wrinkly and it is down to just two.  Oh well!

125 pound Newfoundland! We do have insurance for him so everything is covered at 90%.

• Like 3

SAG AWARDS MOVIE VIEWING 3, TIK, TIK, BOOM!

657484468_TIKTIK..._BOOM.thumb.jpeg.e7308adacbed962f584aab212fb856cb.jpeg

Third night judging the SAG Awards nominee's. This one for "Leading Actor" Andrew Garfield in Tik, Tik, Boom!

In case you don't know what the movie is about, it's a biopic 

based on the autobiographical musical by playwright Jonathan Larson. It's the story of an aspiring composer in New York City who is worried he made the wrong career choice, whilst navigating the pressures of love and friendship.

Directed by Lin-Manual Miranda (Hamilton) in his directorial debut, Miranda excels. Oh boy does he everything incredible and he does an impressive job in this movie. I loved this movie. The music alone is worth the viewing as Andrew Garfield actually sings not lip syncing and has an amazing voice.

For those who are not familiar with Jonathan Larson he was the creator and composer of "Rent" but this movie is the story of him before that and his struggles of trying to make it in New York . He works at a diner to try and keep the lights on in his apartment while trying to have a relationship with an up and coming dancer.

His story is really amazing and while they movie only has titles at the end to explain that Jonathan died suddenly before he got to see Rent debut, seeing his work that led up to that is so interesting. Larson was posthumously awarded after his death, a Pulitzer, Tony and other awards for his work. What a gifted composer who was taken from us too quickly.

I highly recommend seeing this movie if you love musicals or broadway theater. It is highly entertaining and well crafted by Lin-Manual Miranda. So far Andrew Garfield has my vote for best actor he was really incredible in this movie.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did they do a horn battle?

I was bummed we met up with other royal ships at port and never did a horn battle.   In fact, I don't think I heard any horns the whole trip.   

Have an Awesome sailing.    I hope you have terrific weather and truly enjoy being back onboard a ship.     

Eric is usually a quiet reserved kinda guy but even he did a big Yay! as we first boarded Anthem.   

• Like 5

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner tonight…

Caesar Salad with homemade bacon bits. 

873A9760-3CC5-4E91-8293-2B6C859E60EE.thumb.jpeg.56a09affd9c4c26034176338327344d5.jpeg

Roast Beef. Carrots cooked with butter and brown sugar. 

CB562C2B-44B1-4AEC-A117-4BB0E51A6178.thumb.jpeg.0680cc5a8171bf6afd5a63fe18d67d81.jpeg

Sex-in-a-pan for dessert. 

260D5EE9-19A5-4C8C-9165-3B4B988EBAC1.thumb.jpeg.ed9a502453defa0d3b2e5daa78d0b56b.jpeg

Not sure why it’s upside down but worth posting. 

C0407C5F-596E-48D7-8B60-0F442E6852C3.thumb.jpeg.54b1f7227d732923a98d8d746096f020.jpeg

All of this looks delicious.    I am really curious about the desert Sex on a plate?    What is the recipe for this desert?

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

SAG AWARDS MOVIE VIEWING 3, TIK, TIK, BOOM!

In case you don't know what the movie is about, it's a biopic based on the autobiographical musical by playwright Jonathan Larson. It's the story of an aspiring composer in New York City who is worried he made the wrong career choice, whilst navigating the pressures of love and friendship.

Directed by Lin-Manual Miranda (Hamilton) in his directorial debut, Miranda excels. 

For those who are not familiar with Jonathan Larson he was the creator and composer of "Rent"

Thanks, Greg. Very interesting. I've actually seen "Rent" in NY (1998), but had no idea about Larson. Sad malpractice story and so young 😢.

I assume autocorrect at its finest 😎

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Was reading about the current Oasis charter cruise.

Lot of charters all the time and nothing against that or anybody, but during covid situations.... this?..........I am at a loss for words looking at the pictures. I feel really bad for the crew. Royal allows this??!!!! (for $ 6 mill I guess anything goes but to compromise the safety of their crew during this time. by doing packed charters is just not right on Royal's part). It is a shame!
I pray that the crew stays safe.

I was reading that thread and saw pics too.     Glad I am not on that sailing.    Definitely a big mistake on Royal's part to have allowed this charter sailing to still proceed this month.   You would have thought they learned from the holiday sailings that were at almost full capacity.   

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I usually go in the morning to have coffee and something light to eat.

Mike goes sometimes. If you see someone with a blue Naval Avation cap that's him.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I'm doing what every cruiser knows should not be done and just what I have done for every cruise.... flying down the day of the cruise. Flight got off 10 minutes early. Flight Tracker says we are at 36000 ft and on the coast line of southern New Jersey. Should land at FLL at 9:03. This plane has a LOT of people on it.

Glad you made it here safe.

• Like 1