Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

If I like a show I tend to binge watch.The actress who plays Roscoe was in the show Scream Queens that was on tv years ago.I just finished watching a movie that she starred in filmed in Long Island.The Director has the same last name as a guy who I knew in college.It is not a common name and I am thinking possibly a relation

Eric is the binger of many shows but I'm trying to get him out of that habit so we can watch together or at least talk about the shows without him being done the series.  Baby steps!

What is the name of the movie you just finished?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're still trying to figure out what the first 5 minutes of the first episode of the new season means.  Guess we'll need to wait for the other 7 episodes to drop.  I don't think they've started filming for that yet.  Ugh.

I think I know what it could be but I do not know if I should say it ?

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank You, Wednesday is coming up fast. Got all my meds, Walker was delivered today. Still doing pre surgery exercises. Anxiety is setting in. Hoping everything goes well.

You are going to be fine. Wednesday is the beginning of you being able to enjoy your future in the way that you want without debilitating, non ending pain. You need to get excited and start looking forward to the result. You've got this.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

You are correct that is one of the reasons is to be eligible for separate award times.

Releasing the season in two parts means each set of episodes can air in different award windows – Ozark has been a big winner for Netflix at the Emmys in previous years, and they might potentially be able to pick up a few more awards this way.

The second is that part of it is a cost saving measure ,  filming a slightly longer season then splitting it in two (previous seasons of Ozark have been ten episodes long, fewer than Season 4’s fourteen episodes) is cheaper than filming two seasons. This also lets them get more content out of actors who may want to move onto other projects and commitments.

And finally, there’s just the question of eyeballs , even though Netflix doesn’t quite do series premieres and series finales the same way a normal television channel would, splitting Season 4 into two gives them another event to get people to tune in for.

Thank You, Wednesday is coming up fast. Got all my meds, Walker was delivered today. Still doing pre surgery exercises. Anxiety is setting in. Hoping everything goes well.

I think am ready. One last sushi lunch (last supper) with my dear friend tomorrow since I won't be going out for several weeks after my surgery on Wednesday.

Money Heist did the same thing as Ozark.It only works if it is a good production.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is the binger of many shows but I'm trying to get him out of that habit so we can watch together or at least talk about the shows without him being done the series.  Baby steps!

What is the name of the movie you just finished?

Beach House.

Toby was never a Binger ,but now she is.

She will not be taking Prolia injections .Instead she will be taking Evenity.It also has horrific side effects but her doctor believes that it is a better treatment.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn, @LucasLikesToCruise & all,

Fingers and toes crossed -- it seems that the crisis was averted, at least for the moment...

Saturday it looked even bleaker when I've tried to see the schedule for the next week -- it was blocked for all flights to Dubai. I tossed all the night and barely gathered myself in the morning, following the news.

On the bright side, we've passed the PCR test with flying colors, and it was not as terrible as I've thought (or may be the guy who administered it was a real pro).

On the dark side, my hubby kept "disappearing" from our reservation [Remember, they moved our seats several times, and the last time we were seated separated...]. I choose to upgrade us both to "premium economy", so as to seat together and only the 2 of us.

At least they are taking calls for flights inside the next 72 hours, and I was able to speak with a "real" person. They put him back, and after a few minutes, yes, you guessed right, he was doing the "disappearing act" again.

Luckily, I'm a genius 🤪  After so many "disappearing acts", I've come to the conclusion that, since he received a free ticket linked with a promotional new credit card, I'll have to charge his upgraded seat to his card instead of mine... and it worked!!! The problem was that my card passed muster, and it was rejected afterwards by the airline computer... It should have been nice if they've called to tell me instead of spending 2 days on this matter.

@Ozark_Kid - excellent news about Shelby.

@Sea Dog - I'll keep you in my thoughts on my way to Dubai 😘

@grapau27, @sgmn, @aussielozzie18 and @Norwich Cruiser -- my best wishes for HM The Queen. I was so happy seeing her smiling, even though my heart cringed a little... she seems so frail😢

@molly361 Ellen, enjoy your cruise🌺

@Luckynana - How is Jim?

@reallyitsmema -- hopefully, no leaking water in the next rainstorm.

@Ocean Boy -- thank you for the moving story about the dog and his owner.

and last, but not least -- @A&L_Ont - amazing photo and dinner too.

Apologies if I've forgot someone... I'm so tense...

My fingers have been crossed so long they’re getting numb!

But I’ll keep them crossed till you get to Dubai! 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

They just started selling yuengling beer in Dallas was familiar with it from visiting Buffalo, good beer.

They advertise themselves as the oldest, continuing operating brewery in America.  A fine Pennsylvanian brew, I've been drinking for years. Really like the Lager and Black-n-Tan. The Light beer makes Coors Light (aka water) seem strong.  Basically, a waste of calories. lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think I know what it could be but I do not know if I should say it ?

go for it, I said what I thought earlier.

I just finished episode 3, moving onto #4. Not sure if I can do the rest tonight so I'm going to close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears while chanting "I can't hear you".

And avoid this thread for the next 12 hours. LOL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, dani negreanu said:

The original flight was from TLV to DXB - with 737-900 (3 hours). 2 flights a day, same aircraft.

I suppose they didn't fill the 2 flights, so they cancelled one and switched us to the Dreamliner (787-900). And the Dreamliner will do it in 3.5 hours, which I found weird, thinking its a new aircraft. But who knows? May be the smaller one is sprightly and quicker?😲

No Plan B, and, really, Debbie, I feel like crying...

* We didn't leave the house since Wednesday in preparation for tomorrow's afternoon PCR test.

* We told the kids "do not come for the week-end, we're under 'PCR curfew'."

* Just yesterday, after trying for the whole week to reach El Al (I complained, along with others, on the book of faces) and fix our seats (which were separate after all the changes and reshuffles), I was relieved to finally resolve the issue.

* Only to find out that no confirmation of the new seating arrived in mail.

So many hours down the drain.

I thought that I wished you a safe trip but I cannot find the post .Therefore,I am posting it now just in case I did not.Enjoy your trip.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I just finished episode 3, moving onto #4. Not sure if I can do the rest tonight so I'm going to close my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears while chanting "I can't hear you".

I don't think whatever he or I think will effect the shows you are watching. Continue on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

go for it, I said what I thought earlier. Page 1939

I think that Marty and family died in a crash and that everything we saw after the first 5 minutes is a flashback.

I believe that Jason Bateman and Laura Linney know from experience how a hit show should end .Too many shows just continue ,on and on.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Beach House.

Toby was never a Binger ,but now she is.

She will not be taking Prolia injections .Instead she will be taking Evenity.It also has horrific side effects but her doctor believes that it is a better treatment.

There have been a couple different Beach House movies over the years.  Some love stories, some horror stories.

Let's hope she finds relief with the new script with no or only minimal side effects.   😍

Sometimes I think the ads that list side effects are worse than the problem.  Eric jokes when he sees commercials for meds.  He says "may cause death"  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think that Marty and family died in a crash and that everything we saw after the first 5 minutes is a flashback.

I believe that Jason Bateman and Laura Linney know from experience how a hit show should end .Too many shows just continue ,on and on.

I said the same thing earlier, great way ending the show so there is no questions about another season of shows coming at a later date

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The last two nights I binge watched past midnight.

Ozark trivia for New Yorkers:

The actress who plays Ruth was born in the Bronx.

The actor who plays Omar Navarro was born in upper Manhattan and grew up in Greenwich Village 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There have been a couple different Beach House movies over the years.  Some love stories, some horror stories.

Let's hope she finds relief with the new script with no or only minimal side effects.   😍

Sometimes I think the ads that list side effects are worse than the problem.  Eric jokes when he sees commercials for meds.  He says "may cause death"  

The two scary ones are stroke and heart failure.

The Beach House movie was made in 2018.It is not a love story or a horror story.It was not a great film but it kept me guessing as far as what the ending would be.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The two scary ones are stroke and heart failure.

Those are 2 scary side effects.  I dont think any Dr would use the medication if there was a high chance of her having one of those issues.

Is she starting new med this week.  I will continue with thoughts and prayers.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.  The ad plays that happy music and everyone is enjoying life then at the end you hear that speeding monotone voice mumbling a bunch of gross side effects that makes you want to tolerate what you are fighting with then what you may suffer if you take the meds.Then he stops and they say something like, take back your life and everyone is smiling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Those are 2 scary side effects.  I dont think any Dr would use the medication if there was a high chance of her having one of those issues.

Is she starting new med this week.  I will continue with thoughts and prayers.

The doctor ordered the medication today .He will notify Toby when she has to come for her first injection.These are monthly injections.

Thank you so very much,Debbie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I guess that I am in the minority because I did not care for the film.I was looking forward to seeing it because I am a huge Lucille Ball fan,especially of her dramatic roles.My mother lived in Jamestown NY when she was a child as did Lucille Ball.My mother had red hair and was 4 years older .People believed they were sisters.

Sigh….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You are correct that is one of the reasons is to be eligible for separate award times.

Releasing the season in two parts means each set of episodes can air in different award windows – Ozark has been a big winner for Netflix at the Emmys in previous years, and they might potentially be able to pick up a few more awards this way.

The second is that part of it is a cost saving measure ,  filming a slightly longer season then splitting it in two (previous seasons of Ozark have been ten episodes long, fewer than Season 4’s fourteen episodes) is cheaper than filming two seasons. This also lets them get more content out of actors who may want to move onto other projects and commitments.

And finally, there’s just the question of eyeballs , even though Netflix doesn’t quite do series premieres and series finales the same way a normal television channel would, splitting Season 4 into two gives them another event to get people to tune in for.

I think am ready. One last sushi lunch (last supper) with my dear friend tomorrow since I won't be going out for several weeks after my surgery on Wednesday.

i confess, haven’t watched a single episode of Ozark, but believe it to be about the lake of the Ozarks and the people.  If I am correct, how does filming the show in Georgia, make it even slightly truthful.

I have been to the Lake and I have been to Georgia, and I am unable to confuse them….

Don’t bother correcting me if I am wrong, filming in Georgia is a serious flaw no matter what is is about.

just sayin….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

i confess, haven’t watched a single episode of Ozark, but believe it to be about the lake of the Ozarks and the people.  If I am correct, how does filming the show in Georgia, make it even slightly truthful.

I have been to the Lake and I have been to Georgia, and I am unable to confuse them….

Don’t bother correcting me if I am wrong, filming in Georgia is a serious flaw no matter what is is about.

just sayin….

The show Reacher supposedly takes place in Georgia but it was actually filmed in Canada.

• Like 1