Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmn @grapau27

Sue and Graham I know you posted earlier about the incoming red zone warning.  Having now seen the widespread damage done by Storm Eunice and her 122mph winds, I hope your properties did not sustain any damage.  Would have been scary to have been on a plane as she came through.

Thank you.

We flew from Malaga Spain to Newcastle this afternoon and our flight was fine.

A number of other airports were closed due to the storm and their flights diverted to Newcastle.

We are home now and it is starting to get windy.

Graham.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

For a second I thought you were sporting the flag of the Mother country until I saw the side the staff is on and realized the colors are in the wrong order.

I bought the polo shirt in Naples OB.

You are correct green is on the staff side on the Italian flag.

Graham.

16452179591073474751762664801235.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I will have to look out for this author.  I have read all the Lee Child books (apart from the two latest co- written by his brother). I have read 27 of the Janet Evanovich books (28 was given to me by a friend at dinner last night).  Just a matter of finding time to read all the books on my tbr list….

There are 50 books in Parker’s “Spenser” series.  He also has a series with Jesse Stone and a series with Sunny Randall. I like all of them.  

I have to check, but I think there are new books out in each of those series too.  

I will probably wait till after we get back from our next cruise before getting on the library list for those. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I finally got the email saying they are shipping and should be here by Tuesday.  People who I know that ordered them days after I did actually received them in less than a week.  I ordered the day of the soft opening of the website.  

I ordered on the soft opening day and alerted friends so they could. 
Several received their tests…I never even got the promised email with tracking info. 
I finally filled out a missed delivery form. 
Two days later I got the email with tracking info and the next day received the tests. But at least I got them!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

A number of other airports were closed due to the storm and their flights diverted to Newcastle.

Graham.

Welcome Home.    Happy to hear you made it home safely.    It sure does look like you had great weather on your holiday😍    And all that delicious food makes it harder to come home and open up a can of soup but something tells me you will be going out for pizza for lunch tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I ordered on the soft opening day and alerted friends so they could. 
Several received their tests…I never even got the promised email with tracking info. 
I finally filled out a missed deliver form. 
Two days later I got the email with tracking info and the next day received the tests. But at least I got them!

The tracking email is what I received today with an expected delivery date of Tuesday.  I didn't file a missed deliver as everything I have seen said it was going to take a while and I think they are processing in reverse order which is ridiculous.  I have other tests as my DH is getting two every week at work, plus I had bought some.  I just wanted these too as I am testing frequently recently because I have been caring for my Mom who has been sick.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow that had to be scary. Sounds like some pretty strong wind to blow that door off it’s hinges. I’m glad there was no further damage.

We had the door installed in 2015 and I found the invoice and his business card (pat on the back).   

I called him and he will be out early next week to take a look at it.   

Eric is concerned that the door frame for the main entry door got messed up too as that will not stay closed either.    For now he has propped a chair under the door knob inside the foyer and put a bungy cord to hold the storm door shut.    For now we can either go thru the garage to get inside our house or use the back door.   All good!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Dubai looks like a beautiful place. Glad you were able to getaway and visit it.

It is. And luckily, we made it back home in the nick of the time. Many flights are cancelled at the last minute, since the "security conflict" is escalating. I feel so sorry for the thousands who had their vacation plans thwarted....

Last pictures from our trip --

"The Frame" in its whole glory [you can see where the glass floor is] --

_DSC4748.thumb.JPG.f5beec43ba42ecabf97f13af8ec72580.JPG

"Global Village" -- ethnic pavilions of almost all the countries --

_DSC4717.thumb.JPG.c2cb14155793d869fd6293d3d2b6e6a6.JPG

Egypt's was among the "stars"

20220210_162930.thumb.jpg.1c685dc9890b0b33c7b1d6d478633144.jpg

And countries we'll probably never visit

_DSC4706.thumb.JPG.43677e5dbc7329a632cea4d2fcca0172.JPG

A flutist entertaining the masses

20220210_172154.thumb.jpg.bae9c884691028cc650ae145d3e18b77.jpg

And the "magical garden" -- a whole flower airplane and "grass horses"

20220210_125441.thumb.jpg.b35057eec69f9a87b4809465677a4f3e.jpg

_DSC4648.thumb.JPG.0da4bb8e2e741ed348da83b89b45dbd5.JPG

• Like 26

I just had a scary thing happen.  I was looking at my YouTube home page to see what videos YouTube might think would be interesting to me.  There was a video on the Top 5 mistakes people make after total knee replacement surgery.  As far as I know, I've never done anything online related to knee replacement surgery other than talk about it here with Greg.  No searching of any kind.  Can Google connect two different user names here and on YouTube and propose videos based on discussions here????  Can't be a coincidence.  I know that Google pretty much knows everything about me, but this is a little spooky.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just had a scary thing happen.  I was looking at my YouTube home page to see what videos YouTube might think would be interesting to me.  There was a video on the Top 5 mistakes people make after total knee replacement surgery.  As far as I know, I've never done anything online related to knee replacement surgery other than talk about it here with Greg.  No searching of any kind.  Can Google connect two different user names here and on YouTube and propose videos based on discussions here????  Can't be a coincidence.  I know that Google pretty much knows everything about me, but this is a little spooky.

Sometimes it’s a lot spooky!

Occasionally I think about a product, don’t Google it or mention it out loud, and ads for it pop up on Facebook. 
I almost hear Twilight Zone music. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I will have to look out for this author.  I have read all the Lee Child books (apart from the two latest co- written by his brother). I have read 27 of the Janet Evanovich books (28 was given to me by a friend at dinner last night).  Just a matter of finding time to read all the books on my tbr list….

I read all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series including #28.  I actually laugh out loud at Lula's antics.  I have Wendy Corsi Staub's newest kindle book on hold at the library. They're all great reads.

@dani negreanu Dani, those Dubai pictures are spectacular!  Glad you made it home without any problems.

@grapau27Graham, glad you and Pauline were able to get home safely.

@aussielozzie18Please continue to post those wonderful pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This has nothing to do with any discussion in here, but is anyone else getting official looking snail mail to extend their 2013 car warranty?  A few times a month??? This is going on almost 10 years and they follow me to every move I've made since then!

😝 <----- that's for the warranty company!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Sometimes it’s a lot spooky!

Occasionally I think about a product, don’t Google it or mention it out loud, and ads for it pop up on Facebook. 
I almost hear Twilight Zone music. 

You made me think of another possibility.  We have Amazon's "she who shall not be named" in almost every room of our house.  She may have heard me talking about Greg's surgery with Micheline.  Time to go see if there's some privacy setting for Alexa that I can tweak.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The nice thing is that I get on the borrow list at our library, as soon as the new books come out.  I can pick them up 3 or 4 days later.  

Lucky you, I'm envious. Israel being a very small market for English books, no chance of finding Parker or Evanovich... As of now, Kindle is "my friend". Just checked your recommendation.... It's 15$ on Kindle. I'll wait a bit.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I will have to look out for this author.  I have read all the Lee Child books (apart from the two latest co- written by his brother). I have read 27 of the Janet Evanovich books (28 was given to me by a friend at dinner last night).  

Same here. Again, waiting for the price of #28 to go down...

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I read all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series including #28.  I actually laugh out loud at Lula's antics. 

I'll keep #28 for very special occasions -- like when I'm really "down" or a boring flight...

Stephanie is actually such a "schlimazel" in my book 😁 

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have Wendy Corsi Staub's newest kindle book on hold at the library. They're all great reads.

That's a new name for me!! Mysteries?

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just had a scary thing happen.  I was looking at my YouTube home page to see what videos YouTube might think would be interesting to me.  There was a video on the Top 5 mistakes people make after total knee replacement surgery. 

Can't be a coincidence.  I know that Google pretty much knows everything about me, but this is a little spooky.

Little? That would be an understatement...

Our next cruise (with Sue @sgmn 😉) starts in Rome and ends in Barcelona.  It means 2 one way tickets (can't do "multiple cities", since ElAl doesn't fly on Saturdays and we want to arrive in Rome this day for a cruise starting Monday). So I had ElAl booked for return Barcelona, and my only choices for Rome on a Saturday were the "new" Alitalia [ITA air] or Ryanair. I was periodically checking both.

So, no matter what I was looking for in the net, I kept having promotions for ITA air....until the day I bit the bullet and booked a fully refundable ticket. The promotions stopped...

How did "they" know I've made a reservation????

Spooky? Frightening ....

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Big Brother is always watching you....................

• Like 2

Hockey tourney update… Owen didn’t miss any school today because it was closed for another snow day. 

Game situation. Owens team lost 3/1 but it was close. Owen scored the team’s only goal.

The tourney gives each team a player of the game award, for the winning and losing team. He got the player of the game tourney award from the coaches. His team also does a game award, to which his teammates the pick. Here’s Owen with that award. 

C3E957E9-877C-43BD-9E5B-B6A0DB1BFB1A.thumb.jpeg.a5d8ea4b05ecf87ebea821b6520a2345.jpeg

• Like 32

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Graham.

Glad to hear you and Pauline arrived home safely, and that you both had a wonderful holiday in Spain, Graham!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That is disconcerting . I know Google tracks everything and everywhere I go on the web but it does not bother me as there is nothing that is secret with me. I’m pretty much an open book. I would think your CC user name would be hard to connect to your YouTube account but who knows. Sorry if this happening to you. If I did not watch a bunch of videos about knee replacement since I could not vet their authenticity. Just do a new search like “girls gone wild on spring break” and I’m sure your video suggestions will change greatly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, A&amp;L_Ont said:

Hockey tourney update… Owen didn’t miss any school today because it was closed for another snow day. 

Game situation. Owens team lost 3/1 but it was close. Owen scored the team’s only goal.

The tourney gives each team a player of the game award, for the winning and losing team. He got the player of the game tourney award from the coaches. His team also does a game award, to which his teammates the pick. Here’s Owen with that award. 

C3E957E9-877C-43BD-9E5B-B6A0DB1BFB1A.thumb.jpeg.a5d8ea4b05ecf87ebea821b6520a2345.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS 🤩

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We now have eight tests. Four are from the school my daughter teaches in.  Apparently they like me😊

test kits out the wazoo🤣     I saw the exact same kits the government is giving out for free for sale at Walgreens for $9.99   In fact there was no shortage of test kits on their shelves.    Fully stocked now.

• Like 1