Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m sorry I missed it. What network airs it? I am aware of it. Very cool about your friend Gary.

I was thinking the same thing. I had one yesterday. Love them.

How that would be great . I’ve never seen the very rare even offered from around here. I love the regular Eagle Rare if you can find it.

It aired on IFC

This coming Sunday is the BAFTA and the Critics Choice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Since DH has "dabbled" in pixels and resolutions all his professional life, he's leaning towards

Samsung 50'' QLED 4K Smart LED TV QE50Q67A

and me? I've learned to carefully chose my battles...

@DaniDanielle - so relieved that Charlie is home. Being among his dearest for sure will quicken his recovery. Take care of yourself too... you need your strength for Charlie 😘

@sgmn - splendid news!!! DH sometimes quips that "grandkids are the best... I wish we could 'skip' the kids' stage, though 😁

@helen haywood Speaking of low riding cars... I once got a ride with neighbors to condolence a former neighbor on the loss of her husband. The ride got an emergency call, and I was left without a ride back. The former neighbor "hitched" me with someone driving a Porsche 911.  The whole trip I felt like touching the road, just awful being so low.

Responding to Helen talking about riding in a Porsche. 

Looking up at the undercarriage of the car next to me takes years off my life. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

A friend here in Jacksonville just posted on Facebook she went to BJ’s today and paid $3.88. She also said the line wrapped around the parking lot. 

I think it is $4.01 in my area and somebody told me that it is as high as $7 in some states.

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That was my first book by Karin Slaughter.  Didn’t like it but still want to watch this because Australian actress Toni Collette is in the lead and she is excellent in everything I have seen her in.

I didn’t read the book.  There were a few moments at the beginning that I thought it had it all figured out, then a twist.  Thought I had it figured out again, and another twist.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I guess not many sports fans here then on this thread. On Saturdays and Sundays when watching football games(one right after another)CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN...or people here that want to know what is going on around the world watching news channels then. CNN, FOX, BCC News

That is when you can have image retention or burn -in on some tv sets.

I am a College Basketball fanatic

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@HBE4I know what you mean about the early 70s Mustangs. In college, I drove my Dad’s 1967  Chevelle Malibu when he got a new car. I liked the car very much- Aqua with black interior. But, I always liked the 1966 Mustang a sorority sister drove- icy blue with a white interior and the one our neighbor had ,a 1966 one that was silvery green with beige interior. I often told him if he ever wanted to sell the car, I would buy it, but he moved before that happened. 

Recently, I was thinking why I didn’t buy a new. Mustang  when I got my first job out of college in 1974. So, I googled  that year . Certainly did not look anything like the Mustangs I liked. That is the reason,most likely, that I didn’t buy one in 1974. Unfortunately, I bought a Mazda that I nicknamed the Putt-Putt for obvious reasons. It was good on gas, but style, not so much!

I only drove two cars in my life ,a 1972 Chevy Impala and a 1985 Chevy Eurosport.

36 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That was my first book by Karin Slaughter.  Didn’t like it but still want to watch this because Australian actress Toni Collette is in the lead and she is excellent in everything I have seen her in.

She was great in the older Showtime series “The United States of Tara”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's a shame because many of those cars are meant to be driven. My neighbor had a 1955 or 56  Ford Thunderbird -  when it was a 2 seater - and drove it every weekend. It was in pretty good shape but certainty not a show piece. It certainly helps what he had a friend(s) that could manufacture hard-to-find parts.

I met a lot of interesting people when I was doing the restoration of my 1970 Boss 429. I bought it with the engine block in the trunk and it was literally a rolling shell. The story went that it was traded in the 80s for some construction work and the new owner stripped it and never got any further.

It took over 3 years and I bought parts from collectors, people who made one off air intakes because you could find them, a custom factory replacement exhaust system date coded to the time to which the car was made, seat belts and shocks date coded as well.  All cottage industries, so to speak. I found an oil pan in Vegas  from a guy with a motor cycle repair shop, who repaired it from its damaged state. I found a camshaft at a boat shop, to which the owner was saving for decades.  I found a new old stock rim blown horn still in the box when it was ordered in the early 80s. I even bough an unused replacement engine block from Brooklyn NYC, sight unseen, as the original block had been bored out already and was not salvageable.  I wired the money while the block was headed by carrier to Buffalo. That’s just the surface of the build, but I got to meet a lot of people along the way. 

It was the build quality that helped me to take first at a concourse and be invited to Amelia Island. 

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've always said, everyone needs to have a hobby on which to waste money.  This is especially true for collectors.  It's just that some things are more expensive to collect than others.  For me, I "waste" my money on golf.  Oh yeah, and cruising.

LOL, that’s for sure. I’d have to think about how many cars I’ve owned over the years but I can easily say just 2 sets of golf clubs. I’ve always made the comment, I’d love to be cruising… in a car or on a ship. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Absolutely torrential rain here today.  Started yesterday Heaviest it’s been since this relentless rain started on the 22nd Feb. Apparently we’ve got at least 24hrs of this deluge to go. We are safe.

Hopefully you won’t have to build an ark.  😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I didn’t know Toni Collette was Australian but she with fellow Australian Cate Blanchett were stars of Nitemare Alley.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I can hear my dads voice in my head right now. He could never understand why, as soon as the price of a barrel of oil would  jump, the gas stations would raise the price almost immediately.  He'd complain that the gas in the gas station tanks was made with the cheap oil. They should wait to raise the price when the gas was made with expensive oil. 😀

Exactly. It won't be long until all the cruise lines talk about a surcharge. Most likely within the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am a College Basketball fanatic

March Madness soon 🙂 

Hoping Virginia Tech gets in, the school is about 1/2 hour up the road in Blacksberg, Va.  They are really playing well lately and think they might do well if they get in.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I can hear my dads voice in my head right now. He could never understand why, as soon as the price of a barrel of oil would  jump, the gas stations would raise the price almost immediately.  He'd complain that the gas in the gas station tanks was made with the cheap oil. They should wait to raise the price when the gas was made with expensive oil. 😀

Economics is simple.  Let’s says gas is a $1 a gallon and you have a 20,000 gallon tank.  You the gas station buys it today at $0.80 and fill it full.  You have 16,000 dollars in the tank.  The price you pay goes to $1.50, so the cost to fill the tank is $30,000 if you sell it all.  If you continue to sell the gas at the $1 a gallon making a 25% profit and when you sell all of your gas you only have $20,000.  You now have to go to the bank to borrow $10,000 in order to refill your tank. Even though you made a $4000 profit.  

Hope that helps old dad!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Economics is simple.  Let’s says gas is a $1 a gallon and you have a 20,000 gallon tank.  You the gas station buys it today at $0.80 and fill it full.  You have 16,000 dollars in the tank.  The price you pay goes to $1.50, so the cost to fill the tank is $30,000 if you sell it all.  If you continue to sell the gas at the $1 a gallon making a 25% profit and when you sell all of your gas you only have $20,000.  You now have to go to the bank to borrow $10,000 in order to refill your tank. Even though you made a $4000 profit.  

Hope that helps old dad!

Cruise lines are all ready talking about it.

https://www.cruzely.com/explained-what-is-a-fuel-supplement-on-a-cruise-are-they-coming-soon/

My husband Bill was a judge at the Concours shows (invitational and otherwise) for many years. One year I just took photos of the different car grills, because I am not really a car person. Most interesting part of the cars. (photo-wise) :classic_biggrin: It was while we were still working, and it just got to be too much. He recruited another dedicated car guy and restorer to replace him, and gracefully dropped out. 

I do have an unrelated food question concerning soft shelled crabs. :classic_biggrin: I am looking at Hooked on our Navigator cruise next month. Deep-Fried soft-shelled crab. We have the UDP, so I could just order, but it sounds kind of creepy. Are they really not crunchy at all? (There is no shell?) And they taste like regular crab? I love crab. But I am also a picky eater.  

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

This was our last delivery until the fall, so that is good.  We only get three deliveries a season, October, January and March.  

As someone who sold propane and propane accessories in a previous life, I'd recommend changing your October fill to July or August.... price should be much lower!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My son’s ‘22 Corvette is for weekends only. But they do get a whole weekend’s use every week. 
His weekday vehicle is a Ford 150. 
He is in love with both of them. 

Sounds like my ex, although he doesn't get that much use out of his car.

He's got a Ford Lariat truck for everyday, and a Roush Mustang that only leaves the garage *maybe* ten times a year.  Sometimes he goes out to the garage and just looks at the Mustang (he never did that with our son, though!).  

Maybe the fact that he loves his vehicles more than he loves his family explains why he's my ex!  LOL

• Like 3

I hope@singinalotCrystal had a wonderful time at the AMC awards tonight.  I don't know if it was televised but I saw a bit online, of Kelly Clarkson singing "I Will Always Love You" to Dolly that brought the house down.  Amazing performance.

@DaniDanielleSo happy that Charlie is back home where he belongs with you and where he can continue to improve more comfortably.

Reg, gas here is $3.80.  High enough but CAs prices are insane!

Israel's is always high, usually double of what we pay.  Crazy! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1