Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Dryers - never needed one to date.  Survived the recent two weeks of solid wet weather without one but weather service has just announced that the La Nina system that gave us a very wet summer is going to linger longer than expected for another month or so.  It’s wet again this week.  Son needs his cricket gear dry for the weekend grand final.  He put  it out last night in a moment of optimism and it got drenched overnight.Might just cave and get a dryer for winter.

I love soft fluffy towels.   If you line dry them all the time do you have a trick to get them soft? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hmmmm, can you both be trusted?? 🤣😉

Eric doesn't know yet since this is his BD celebration for 3 years but I booked some spa treatments for Sunday March 27th after kids disembarkment.  Then I'm booking Wonderland for his BD.  We have never been there yet.   He kept saying no as he wasn't sure he would like their menu but after all the wonderful reviews on here I'm doing it as a surprise.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Even though I have the peacock app I think they will put it on Bravo. I think they are going to see what kind of interest it gets then make it available on Bravo.

I think it will be on Bravo, too. I watch some of the Real Housevives shows (don't judge me please). They previewed The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip featuring housewives from several franchises on Peacock. I'm not sure how well it went over but it's on Bravo now.

I pay enough for cable. I'm not paying more.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love soft fluffy towels.   If you line dry them all the time do you have a trick to get them soft? 

I can understand your love for soft towels but we are happy to use our towels off the line as is.  Thankfully they are never coarse or stiff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric doesn't know yet since this is his BD celebration for 3 years but I booked some spa treatments for Sunday March 27th after kids disembarkment.  Then I'm booking Wonderland for his BD.  We have never been there yet.   He kept saying no as he wasn't sure he would like their menu but after all the wonderful reviews on here I'm doing it as a surprise.

Your plans are super.  It sounds like Eric is going to have a wonderful birthday on a fabulous cruise! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am ready to get rid of cable but I am outvoted here.  I do enjoy the mindless entertainment of a few of the Housewives also🤪However, I would be fine with plain old tv.

My wife loved the Dallas version of housewives, we went for drinks and a show around Christmas and one of the stars was sitting a few tables away from us . 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Funny you should mention it... after being absolutely sure that he wants a Samsung QLED, today he checked again and [thought] he found that our old video camera would not work with it 😢.

In a very quick move, which is quite unusual for him [DH being of the "maniana", or even better, of the "after maniana" variety], he switched to a Sony Bravia LED 50'' Android Smart TV 4K KD-50X81JAEP, and, after a bit of bargaining on the phone from my part, I got it for 1K.

Hopefully, 5 business days and it will be here.

All 3 choices - Sony, Samsung QLED & LG OLED - are fine choices & couldn't go wrong with any of them. Your DH did a great job with his research & you should be proud of him. I'm sure you'll be happy with his choice & happy that he is happy.

I tend to over-research just about everything and often suffer "analysis paralysis" and will take forever and a day to make a decision.  Case in point: I spent weeks, yes weekS With an "s", weighing the pros and cons of the LG Nanocell (a step down from the OLED but significantly cheaper), Samsung QLED & Sony.  The cheapskate in me won, purchased the LG Nanocell and I love it. I can barely remember what the cons were & they weren't important to me. 

Also, great price negotiating on your part. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished binge watching The Fall.An absolutely great show with fantastic acting .The lead actor is the star of Belfast.

@lenquixote66Jamie Dornan was recently the lead  in The Tourist which @sgmn recommended.  Be interested in what you think of that limited series.

Hope Mallory recovers well. Frustrating for her not to able to join her team members on court for 6 weeks.

Edited by aussielozzie18

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, my dogs are barking after walking as much as we did yesterday.  

It always amazes me how much walking you both do Mark, 

I try to do my 10,000 step a day, sometimes it gets up to over 15,000 but that's about my limit unless it's a special occasion like touring a city . 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, sgmn said:

@aussielozzie18 good news about Australia lifting the cruising ban 👍

Do you have any plans for a cruise?

Yes, a lot of relief here. Not yet.  I am lucky to be able to cruise at short notice so I am waiting to see what ships are cruising and the itineraries before I book anything. Atm, P & O Australia are expected to start cruising first in May/June (too budget for me), then Carnival Aust. in Oct/Nov doing just domestic to Tassie or Queensland from Sydney on Carnival Splendour. If there is a good last minute deal I might consider. Waiting to see what Royal or Celebrity offer.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What a wonderful surprise. I know he will be thrilled. 

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

She has to be wearing the cast 6 weeks

Sorry she having to go through this. Hopefully it will heal fast.

• Thanks 1