Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, island lady said:

My sister got the Pfizer...and had flu like symptoms for two days.  She is back to normal now.

Bucky and I got the Moderna yestreday.  No side effects except for both of us having a very sore arm near injection spot.  A slight headache...but that could be from anything, most likely not being able to sleep on that side.  

I had the injection Wednesday at 1PM .I still have a headache as well as pain in my arm.The pain is tolerable and does not warrant taking anything to alleviate it.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

My form joke is selfish? 😇

Sorry, but that went right over my head. Not sure what you mean. I wasn’t referring to you when I commented. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, HBE4 said:

True, and those people are everywhere and will always be around.

I'm talking about the vast majority that will take their cue from their leaders. If they see business as usual....well, then its' business as usual.

I understand what you are saying, I just wished people wouldn’t follow like sheep and use their own brain and common sense. Unfortunately there isn’t enough of that going around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

No wildlife in todays update.  At least not wildlife that walks on four legs.  

I took half a day off today and decided to drive down to the other side of the lake where the public beach access is.  The sun was shining and we have nothing but blue sky today.  I though it might be nice to take a walk along the snow covered beach. 

What I didn't expect was to find a swimmer.

The temp is 32˚ F (0˚ C)...

IMG_5248.jpeg

I spoke to her briefly.  She was every bit of 70 years old and she told me she comes here every day, 365 days a year and hasn't had a cold, flu or any other illness in over a decade.  She insisted her daily swim, in every temperature, is the reason why.  I wished her well and asked to to take her picture while she waded out a little deeper.  She graciously consented.

Buuuurrrrrr.  she must be part of the polar bear club🤪   it was around 50f here today and I went to food store and counted at least 6 people in shorts and shirts.  Sweatshirt and Jean's was just fine for me.

• Like 1

Eric saw his orthopedic doc today and was told he can start to slowly move his arm.  Yesterday was 4 weeks since he broke humerus bone near shoulder.  

Doc showed him how to remove sling himself a couple of exercises to slowly start with this weekend.  Next week he has 2 or 3 pt sessions to help rebuild strength and movement.  

WooHoo, soon he can play bartender again...shake shake shake.  Lol!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I spoke to her briefly.  She was every bit of 70 years old and she told me she comes here every day, 365 days a year and hasn't had a cold, flu or any other illness in over a decade.  She insisted her daily swim, in every temperature, is the reason why.  I wished her well and asked to to take her picture while she waded out a little deeper.  She graciously consented.

I read a story about a group that swim all year out on the East Coast just the other day. Other than bad storms they basically go every day. 

Makes me think about the Seinfeld Episode when Costanza went swimming in the Hamptons... it’s shrinkage. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I read a story about a group that swim all year out on the East Coast just the other day. Other than bad storms they basically go every day. 

Makes me think about the Seinfeld Episode when Costanza went swimming in the Hamptons... it’s shrinkage. 

Omg!  That was one of those episodes everyone remembers.    

Yes, I know there are some locals of LBI, NJ that swim all year.  Maybe not as faithful as everyday like the woman at the lake above, but they say the same that it keeps them healthy year round.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

..... and Elaine surprised reaction: “IT shrinks?????????” 😜😜😜

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Isn't it amazing what they can do nowadays.    If I understand correctly, that is a type of laser eye surgery?

They make a couple of cuts in my eye to drain the vitreous fluid then use instruments to peal away the Epiretinal Membrane underneath which is pulling on my eye's macular which causes a slight distortion of vision in that eye.

They then put a gas bubble under the lens which over a week or so is absorbed into the Macular to fill the hole.

• Like 5

We've taken our first bigger step away from camping in our new Florida house.  Because we're not moving out of our Ohio house until the summer, and will be buying a lot of new furniture anyway, we only have what we could fit into a couple of cars.  We've literally been using folding chairs and tables.  The first of our new furniture has arrived...2 recliners.  We can now comfortably watch TV. 😁

image.thumb.png.1d389478a61479dce323985ed775079a.png

Rug and TV tray side table are temporary.  We were supposed to have a chest/hutch delivered today but it arrived at the furniture store with a broken leg and now we need to wait another 3-4 for a replacement to be delivered.  Covid has affected furniture delivery times!

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good luck with the surgery Graham.  I have a friend who is an eye surgeon.  Like Dani said, he confirmed that it is fairly routine surgery.  You should soon be enjoying clear eyesight.

Thank you bobmacliberty that is very reassuring.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Covid has affected furniture delivery times!

I waited 6 months for my bike and now my husband has been waiting 2 months for doors for his big shop.  I think he will be driving to Georgia next week to pick some up he found.  It is crazy all the things that are back ordered these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sister-in-law just had a sore are from the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  She got the second dose on Monday, and had 104° fever, chills, and aches all over for two days.  All good after that.  Guess it is the 2nd dose that affects some people more.

For some reason I keep hearing worse side effects for Pfizer.  Not sure why.  My sister is getting her second dose of Pfizer this week.  Want to ask her how she is doing with it.  

Both Bucky and I got Moderna.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I agree that it is worth the pain and discomfort,however I woke up this morning still in pain and with a headache.

Bucky had severe side effects after Shingles shots...I had mild.  I guess the vaccines are doing their job...just have to get through the body's reaction to them.  Hope you are feeling better soon.  

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've taken our first bigger step away from camping in our new Florida house.  Because we're not moving out of our Ohio house until the summer, and will be buying a lot of new furniture anyway, we only have what we could fit into a couple of cars.  We've literally been using folding chairs and tables.  The first of our new furniture has arrived...2 recliners.  We can now comfortably watch TV. 😁

Rug and TV tray side table are temporary.  We were supposed to have a chest/hutch delivered today but it arrived at the furniture store with a broken leg and now we need to wait another 3-4 for a replacement to be delivered.  Covid has affected furniture delivery times!

Love the wet bar back there.  Very inviting looking!  😉 

I hear ya on the furniture delivery.  I called our favorite furniture store about our Stressless (Ekorne) love seat we ordered to match the recliners.  Was supposed to be here this week (10 weeks).  Now won't be here until March.  😖

Edited by island lady

I have heard that the Shingles shot does that.  This year my flu shot gave me more of a reaction then in the past.  My arm was very sore and 2 days later I had a day of no energy.  After that all was well.  I guess it was a flu variation I had not been exposed to for awhile.  My first covid shot resulted in just a sore arm.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I waited 6 months for my bike and now my husband has been waiting 2 months for doors for his big shop.  I think he will be driving to Georgia next week to pick some up he found.  It is crazy all the things that are back ordered these days.

I was in Lowes the other day and was surprised to still see several empty shelves.  We do so much more home delivery than we did a year ago...even things like towel bars and light bulbs that I would have always purchased at a store.  I wish I was smart enough to invest in Amazon, Fedex, UPS a couple of years ago.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

They make a couple of cuts in my eye to drain the vitreous fluid then use instruments to peal away the Epiretinal Membrane underneath which is pulling on my eye's macular which causes a slight distortion of vision in that eye.

They then put a gas bubble under the lens which over a week or so is absorbed into the Macular to fill the hole.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Please keep us updated.  Maybe you get to wear a patch like a pirate....Arrr

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was in Lowes the other day and was surprised to still see several empty shelves.  We do so much more home delivery than we did a year ago...even things like towel bars and light bulbs that I would have always purchased at a store.  I wish I was smart enough to invest in Amazon, Fedex, UPS a couple of years ago.

I went to bestbuy the other day and the store was so empty, I thought they were going out of business.  Workers said corporate said there is a container ship that was quarantined and would be awhile before they are restocked.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Love the wet bar back there.  Very inviting looking!  😉 

Coffee bar in the morning , cocktail bar in the afternoon 🍸.  The cabinet/hutch that was supposed to be delivered on Saturday will go against the wall to the left of the wet bar area and will be the liquor cabinet. I wonder what it says about our priorities that the first things to be delivered are recliners for watching TV and a liquor cabinet??  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

image.thumb.png.1d389478a61479dce323985ed775079a.png

Your floors look like my condo

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just seeing this view of your new home I love the view I see.  Also  my favorite color on your chairs.

If I may, oh what the heck I am going to ask.

How large is your new home in square feet?

Just curious, alright............nibby.

Thanks ahead of time.

Also, to Graham.

Best wishes.

As I have posted before I am a nurse anesthetist and provided anesthesia and monitoring for all types of cases including eye surgery.

It is truly amazing to see this surgery as a nurse watching on the screens how they repair and do all different types of procedures.

We are blessed that these options are now available.

The "bubble" that gets placed to help hold everything where it is supposed to be is truly a medical breakthru....and really helps the healing.

This will be your time to be spoiled till the healing process is finished. Rest up during recovery.

I remember when they first started doing this bubble, you could not travel by air till the bubble is absorbed and you will rest in certain positions to aide the healing.

It is all worth it.  And time flies.

Best of luck.

Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Just seeing this view of your new home I love the view I see.  Also  my favorite color on your chairs.

If I may, oh what the heck I am going to ask.

How large is your new home in square feet?

Just curious, alright............nibby.

My wife was worried about the color but absolutely loves it now that they've been delivered.  She does the interior design work, I do the technology work. I'm happy with whatever she does and vice-versa.

The house is 2720 square feet.  Three bedrooms on one floor.  Typical of many new houses that we looked at with a large open space in the middle (kitchen, great room, eating area), master suite on one side and 2 guest BRs with baths on the other side.  The only place that I would have liked more space is in the garage.  It's a 2 car and I would have preferred a 3 car.

• Like 2