Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My eye doctor always told me to wear sunglasses and I did.  Don’t know if that helped but have not had to deal with cataracts, yet anyway.  Charlie had both eyes done two years ago and all went well.

As long as I can remember I've always worn sun glasses.😎 Even when it's overcast. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

My lockdown I spent entirely at home. It was kinda hard at first but you get used to it quite quickly. Well, now I work completely from home and I enjoy it very much. Stay home, stay safe people ! 

Am I retired but so far I have only stayed home in March and April of last year.  Other than that I have been going shopping, getting my nails done, eating in restaurants, visiting with my craft group and working with a volunteer group.  I have felt perfectly safe the whole time.  The only I was a little worried was when I was at home during hurricane Sally.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

As long as I can remember I've always worn sun glasses.😎 Even when it's overcast. 

I wear them, too, even when overcast. My eyes have always been very light sensitive. That tends to be more common with blue eyed people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When you all are finished talking about skin cancers you can start on cataracts from all the past ultraviolet light exposure. Years ago the need for protective sunglasses wasn't much known any more than the dangers of baby oil with iodine mixed in.

Oh the bad decisions of our youth!!   And of course none of us wore helmets on our bikes as kids, and the list could go on an on.  

But at least when we "friended" someone...it was an actual face to face.  😉   And for some reason we survived without the internet, face book, twitter, cell phones...etc.   How did we ever get by??  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie has had two moths a d a bunch of freezing pre-cancerous things.  No fun.

Dani, when I first joined CC I had to change my screen name quickly and that was the first thing to come to mind.  Danielle is one of my granddaughters and we call her DaniDanielle.  When I was a young back in the Dark Ages, one of my best friends was Danielle.  Back then there was no one named Marietta or Danielle.  We always knew when We were in trouble and heard our names, no one else to blame!!!

I have had 7 Moh’s surgeries due to being a sun worshipper mainly in Coney Island.I almost never wear sunglasses because I can see better without them.Since there is a discussion here of eye issues I suffer from Fuch’s Dystrophy.The best doctor for this and many other eye problems is located in Bay Ridge.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:45 PM, molly361 said:

I grew up in NY (Westchester) but moved to Florida in the early 80's.  Sometimes I think about moving back there someday since my family are all still up the the NE , but right now I am freezing and it's 61 degrees so don't know that I could do that.

Everyone I knew who grew up in Westchester moved to Fla.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Everyone I knew who grew up in Westchester moved to Fla.

The common greeting down here in my neighborhood...."Where are you from?"   Not too many natives down here.  😉   

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

The common greeting down here in my neighborhood...."Where are you from?"   Not too many natives down here.  😉   

I am the only person I know aside from my wife who was born in Brooklyn never to have vacationed or lived in Fla.Even my parents spent winters there (after I was married).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am the only person I know aside from my wife who was born in Brooklyn never to have vacationed or lived in Fla.Even my parents spent winters there (after I was married).

Bucky grew up in Ohio....there were many of his neighbors who never left there either.  Born there, school there, married/family there, retired there...and.....literally never left.  

• Like 2

Another perfect day in lockdown paradise. I’m going to have to work nine days a week for the next couple of weeks at least so I thought I better knock out another day on the hill. It couldn’t of been more perfect.

654B7B0C-4CE1-4430-9030-75E07BD2DCEC.jpeg

9A7A655B-14B3-45E4-AC7B-4CD8F1ACFC48.jpeg

13EC534B-2DEF-451A-A6CC-9BF71666445E.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Another perfect day in lockdown paradise. I’m going to have to work nine days a week for the next couple of weeks at least so I thought I better knock out another day on the hill. It couldn’t of been more perfect.

Amazing pictures of an astounding view, thanks for posting.

9 days in 7 ?? That'll be quite a feat 👍😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Amazing pictures of an astounding view, thanks for posting.

9 days in 7 ?? That'll be quite a feat 👍😁

I’m trying to leave this area and get back to my home in CA. I was able to leave back at the end of October but delayed it because some folks needed me up here to help them get their programs up and running. I agreed and planned on being home for Christmas. Then one thing led to another and I’m still here. There is so much demand right now if I don’t draw the line I’ll never leave. Hopefully Valentine’s Day in sunny California.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have had 7 Moh’s surgeries due to being a sun worshipper mainly in Coney Island.I almost never wear sunglasses because I can see better without them.Since there is a discussion here of eye issues I suffer from Fuch’s Dystrophy.The best doctor for this and many other eye problems is located in Bay Ridge.

My oldest daughter lives in a beautiful part of Bay Ridge, Colonial CT. and Shore Road.

Shore Road

@Milwaukee Eight @Ocean Boy @A&L_Ont, @DaniDanielle @Sunshine3601, etc.

Very good news -- a week after the 2nd dose, the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy was found to be 98% !!! Plenty of antibodies to be found 😁

As I've already posted, the medical teams at the biggest hospital in Israel* were monitored after receiving the 1st and 2nd dose (this one 10 days ago).

*  "Newsweek" has ranked Sheba Medical Center at Tel Hashomer near Tel Aviv as the world's ninth best hospital (March 2020).

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2