Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Sadly we would have been boarding Freedom today in San Juan.

I starting about it on Friday, and yesterday. Yesterday would have been fly day. Oh well, at least we have hockey and football to watch.  Laundry as well.  I wonder what would Lisa do if I threw the towels on the floor?🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It has been a nice sunny morning.

It was 34f and frost on the car windscreen at 9am which I cleared before we went to church.

Afterwards we got a veggie wrap,a spicy chicken wrap and a coffee from McDonald's then drove a mile to the beach car park to eat them then get some exercise.

It is 44f now and sunny.

IMG_20210117_123239.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a nice sunny morning.

It was 34f and frost on the car windscreen at 9am which I cleared before we went to church.

Afterwards we got a veggie wrap,a spicy chicken wrap and a coffee from McDonald's then drove a mile to the beach car park to eat them then get some exercise.

It is 44f now and sunny.

IMG_20210117_123239.jpg

Even on a cold day I love to walk on/near a beach.  That sounds like a wonderful day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I starting about it on Friday, and yesterday. Yesterday would have been fly day. Oh well, at least we have hockey and football to watch.  Laundry as well.  I wonder what would Lisa do if I threw the towels on the floor?🤪

Would have already been on board.  Our B2B was supposed to start last Sunday the 10th, ....today being first day of second leg.  😞  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I should be boarding Oasis next Sunday in FLL.🤨

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It was 30 degrees in Northwest Florida.  I am hoping spring comes soon.  
I am not a cold weather fan.

Yeah, but still like having a change of season.  Hot, hot..and more hot with all the humidity in the summer year round...not for me.  😉  

Bucky, however is a true "sun lizard" and loves the heat.  

I am guessing you are from the Panhandle?  We love...love the Panhandle.  Would adore to live there, but agree, bit too cold for us.  And too far from the cruise ports...though that is definitely not an issue right now.  😞 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am guessing you are from the Panhandle?  We love...love the Panhandle.  Would adore to live there, but agree, bit too cold for us.  And too far from the cruise ports...though that is definitely not an issue right now.  😞 

Yes we are in the Panhandle.  My son lives and hour and a half from us which is why we moved here.  He lives by the water but we needed more land so moved to a more rural area.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yes we are in the Panhandle.  My son lives and hour and a half from us which is why we moved here.  He lives by the water but we needed more land so moved to a more rural area.  

I think the Panhandle has hands down the most beautiful beaches anywhere!  We are once again scheduled to enjoy the state parks there, my favorite being Grayton Beach.   Pure white powdered sugar sand, clear aqua marine water, and gorgeous walks down the beach.  

Other plus is kayaking...some of the best fresh water springs anywhere.  Blackwater river one of our favorite state parks as well.  Love those pretty sand sides for pull out along the river for picnics.  🤗

My baby..."Miss Scarlet" (she is a sweet and sassy southern Belle) and has a great front compartment for picnic cooler.  😉 

WP_004764.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Would have already been on board.  Our B2B was supposed to start last Sunday the 10th, ....today being first day of second leg.  😞  

Same here.  We would have boarded our sailing last saturday and be on ship now for our b2b.  I understand the sadness.  Eric BD cruise for march 28th was cancelled so next one to hope for is oasis on may 23rd.  Then alaska end of june.  Not feeling good about either of them, but one can hope and dream.

• Like 3

Good news, yesterday I was able to register for his jab of vaccine.   I'm not available till phase 3 and that will be sometime between march and june is what our dept of health is saying.

I was hoping since I am married to a high risk person I could get sooner but nothing being said about that.  He cannot drive due to broken arm so when I take him I'll ask them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, but still like having a change of season.  Hot, hot..and more hot with all the humidity in the summer year round...not for me.  😉  

Bucky, however is a true "sun lizard" and loves the heat.  

Pat, now I'm convinced Bucky and I are brothers. I'm also one that loves the heat. High 90's low 100's doesn't bother me. I'm always outside doing something.  But it's a dry heat as we have very low humidity. This morning it was 19 degrees. Burrr. Hate it!! 🤬

• Like 3

We're celebrating today (4th lock down...) our 48th wedding anniversary, and DH b'day 😁

The boys sent me flowers

20210117_112322.jpg

and for DH, who likes to cook, a weird "contraption", meant to "house" different herbs (drill, basil, coriander, mint), while worms, fed by us from leftovers, will provide the compost....

20210115_151808.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat, now I'm convinced Bucky and I are brothers. I'm also one that loves the heat. High 90's low 100's doesn't bother me. I'm always outside doing something.  But it's a dry heat as we have very low humidity. This morning it was 19 degrees. Burrr. Hate it!! 🤬

Yup, agree..I think you are indeed brothers.  😉   Bucky is a big whimpy baby when it gets cold though.  🥶

He is also always outside, working away in the yard or garage in even the worst heat and humidity.  We spent most of this last summer here due to Covid, versus going to Maine as usual.  Normally I like to get out of the summer heat...so I was queen of the house, doing my chores inside the A/C.   Plus having been cut on four times due to "El Sol" shining on me a bit too much when I was young...I am not a sun goddess.  😮 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, agree..I think you are indeed brothers.  😉   Bucky is a big whimpy baby when it gets cold though.  🥶

He is also always outside, working away in the yard or garage in even the worst heat and humidity.  We spent most of this last summer here due to Covid, versus going to Maine as usual.  Normally I like to get out of the summer heat...so I was queen of the house, doing my chores inside the A/C.   Plus having been cut on four times due to "El Sol" shining on me a bit too much when I was young...I am not a sun goddess.  😮 

Yea ya gotta be careful in the sun. Even in the winter here. Skiing. You could always borrow Bucky's "bonnie hat". He'll know what I'm talking about. I still have mine. Kathy is a blonde with fair skin. She has high blood pressure (that's what she gets for hooking up with me 🤣) so being in the direct heat and sun for any length of time wears her out. Escaping to the A/C is always a reward for sure. Well that and having a couple of cold ones🍻 sitting under the covered patio on the patio chilling out. And speaking of Sol, I do like that beer. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I love the heat, don’t know how I got stuck in New York.  This past summer was great for me, my daughters also, as we love to outside.🌞

I grew up in NY (Westchester) but moved to Florida in the early 80's.  Sometimes I think about moving back there someday since my family are all still up the the NE , but right now I am freezing and it's 61 degrees so don't know that I could do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yea ya gotta be careful in the sun. Even in the winter here. Skiing. You could always borrow Bucky's "bonnie hat". He'll know what I'm talking about. I still have mine. Kathy is a blonde with fair skin. She has high blood pressure (that's what she gets for hooking up with me 🤣) so being in the direct heat and sun for any length of time wears her out. Escaping to the A/C is always a reward for sure. Well that and having a couple of cold ones🍻 sitting under the covered patio on the patio chilling out. And speaking of Sol, I do like that beer. 

I used to sell that Beer when I worked for the wine/beer and liquor distributor. 😉   Bucky hates Corona...calls it "Mexican monkey piss".  LOL...(eeek...flames are coming at me for that one..need fireproof suit!)  😜

He loves Sol, and almost all the other brands though.  

Me too, like Kathy...fair skinned green eyed blonde...and ditto on taking the dreaded high blood pressure meds.  I love my big floppy hats!  Wear them all the time in ports we visit.  😄  Bucky's hat blew off right into the river in St. Lucia.  Bummer...sank right away.  He doesn't wear them often.  

Speaking of hats...he still has a Vietnam hard hat...the one made of straw I think it is. And yes...he knows about the Boonie hats. 😁

image.jpeg.c61c889593ab48c219a9a345a6b8395e.jpeg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3