Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Definitely has to be totally frustrating for the health care workers.  When you see those huge events with peeps not wearing masks and all mashed in together...I wish (in a perfect world) they would have to sign a release when they enter the gates to that event.  Promising not to seek hospitalization when they get sick with Covid.  😉 

Seriously, though...what a slap in the face to the medical teams working long hours in ICU units to see that kind of blatant disregard of the CDC warnings.    😞 

You can always show your displeasure at the voting booth in a couple of years. 😉😇

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just realized I have been hitting the HaHa button instead of the like one.  I am so, so sorry to everyone I did that to.  Some, probably, were appropriate but most were to be “like”.

You can always go back and remove the HaHa and replace with Like. Often times, I hit the wrong button, especially when using my phone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just realized I have been hitting the HaHa button instead of the like one.  I am so, so sorry to everyone I did that to.  Some, probably, were appropriate but most were to be “like”.  It is old age I tell yaimage.png.5cac616de1251bdba0058a6d48317e2a.png

I knew you were too nice so I didn't mention the Ha Ha buttons to some of my serious posts.

I hope Charlie is recovering well,it must have been a worry to you both.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

We have 5 cats and 2 dogs currently.  We had 7 cats when we moved last year but illness and old age took its toll.  All our cats chose us, showed up and moved in.  One cat is diabetic so needs a shot twice a day and one cat has a chronic illness with liquid meds often.  When we travel we hire a house sitter.  Since we are not traveling right now I have yet to find one here and then give them a trial run of a short 3 day trip before actually go far or for a long time.  It is a pain but for me I feel that we don't travel enough even when we can to be without pets in my life.  Maybe not so many but I have to have fur babies in my life.

We will probably also have cats until we aren’t capable of taking care of them. 

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Cats are just not for everyone.  We have 3 litter boxes that we scoop twice a day.  Not a big deal for us but that is us.  I volunteer at a wildlife refuge and deal with a lot of poop.  What goes in must come out.  LOL

I hate scooping the litter so we bought this. Best thing ever. Take the bag out 2 x a week and we're good to go. It’s huge and we had to put a piece of plywood across the upstairs tub because it wouldn’t fit down in it. That was the only draw back, but not a big deal.

https://www.litter-robot.com/litter-robot-iii-open-air-with-connect.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

We take really good care of them. We just spent $999.00 on Bobby's vet bill to find out he was hyperthyroid. So that adds a new wrinkle to travel with him having a pill every day. We love cats. But we went a long time with just having the backyard squirrels and we could travel without guilt. Sorry. I will quit now, since we can't travel anyway. 10 months of California lockdown gets to me on occasion. 

The bills can add up, but the way Mike and I see it is it could’ve been worse, we could’ve had kids. 🤣🤣🤣

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You can always show your displeasure at the voting booth in a couple of years. 😉😇

That doesn’t work for selfish, inconsiderate people who don’t really care about others. They think they won’t get it because they’re young, healthy, wear masks, wash hands, etc. The problem is with that is people can still get it and pass it on. There are also bigger chances of contacting it when traveling.

The health care workers have made major sacrifices. Some even moving out of their houses temporarily because they are afraid they will catch it at work and pass it on to family members. Some have also sent their children off to live with relatives for the same reasons. It’s very frustrating when some people disregard such things, but I also think it shows their true colors. That’s my opinion and I’m sure others think the opposite. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The bills can add up, but the way Mike and I see it is it could have been worse, we could’ve had kids. 🤣🤣🤣

That doesn’t work for selfish, inconsiderate people who don’t really care about others. They think they won’t get it because they’re young, healthy, wear masks, wash hands, etc. The problem is with that is people can still get it and pass it on. There are also bigger chances of contacting it when traveling.

The health care workers have made major sacrifices. Some even moving out of their houses temporarily because they are afraid they will catch it at work and pass it on to family members. Some have also sent their children off to live with relatives for the same reasons. It’s very frustrating when some people disregard such things, but I also think it shows their true colors. That’s my opinion and I’m sure others think the opposite. 

My form joke is selfish? 😇

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

True, and those people are everywhere and will always be around.

I'm talking about the vast majority that will take their cue from their leaders. If they see business as usual....well, then its' business as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vettprincess said:

No riding here for at least 4-5 months!

My neighbor just took off on his. 30 degrees, no snow on the roads and a slight breeze out of the North. No thanks. Mine is jacked up and on life support since November and will stay that way until late March early April. Weather depending. Could be later.  

• Like 3