Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It all worked. Almost 

I asked for Allure Oct 15. Looked at the menu for day 8 and again it was only breakfast!

So I can see the itinerary, but not that darned 8th day menu!

That is strange.   I tried it that way and it didn't show up for me either.   I then closed the app and pulled it up by reservation, like last night,  and the 8th day menu is not showing anymore! RC technology? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is strange.   I tried it that way and it didn't show up for me either.   I then closed the app and pulled it up by reservation, like last night,  and the 8th day menu is not showing anymore! RC technology? 

What I have found is the app will show the menu for the number of days of the sailing it is currently on or was last sailing if it is in drydock or deadheading to a new port.  This is what I experienced when trying to see the menus on Quantum at least before it came to Alaska.  Once it was here, the first sailing was only 5 nights and that was all that was in the app until it started sailing 7 night cruises.

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am contacting my PCP about the second booster next week to see whether I should take it or not.  I have read lots of conflicting information about vaccinations after having covid and what is considered "symptom free" to get the booster.  Not sure I qualify yet anyway.

Did you get Moderna or Pfizer?  Family members who have had the second Pfizer booster have had no side effects.  None have gotten Moderna booster yet though, which is what I would get.

I hope you have no side effects.  Keep us posted. 🙂 

We both got Pfizer and had no side effects with any of the shots we have gotten . My wife’s first booster was Moderna all my shots were Pfizer. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric used to row in college meets on the Charles River.    His crew won Head of Charles 2 years in a row.     We haven't been there since the early 90's.    Hope to get back some day soon.   I keep looking at cruises out of Boston.

One of my nieces was on the Penn Rowing team in the 90’s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Perhaps you should move back East😀.

Yesterday we had friends visit.It was the first time they were in my house in 5 years.They are Florida snowbirds but lately have been staying in Fla 9 months.They cruise often out of Fla.I was telling them about CC and specifically the people who post on this thread including those living in NY and or formerly in NY.

Lenny, even with our daughter and grands in NJ, we both are very happy here in TX.  Not sure I could live through another NY/NJ winter.  I would rather sweat than shiver.  Besides, our humidity is not as bad as Houston.  

Our friends in NY sold their house and bought one in Delray Florida.  She just called to tell me she thinks they made a mistake!  They were snowbirds for the last 3 years and never experienced summer in Florida before.

Hoping all with covid get over it quickly with minimum symptoms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I picked this up at B & N today.  In addition to the classics it has some interesting cocktails. I also like that it’s arranged by type of liquor - vodka, rum, etc.  I’ve never had one of these before so who knows, maybe they’re all set up that way and I’m just easily impressed LOL.   Some posters here seem to have gotten me interested in expanding my drink repertoire!

761BA4B2-39F1-4279-AA6F-7622625906A0.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

What I have found is the app will show the menu for the number of days of the sailing it is currently on or was last sailing if it is in drydock or deadheading to a new port.  This is what I experienced when trying to see the menus on Quantum at least before it came to Alaska.  Once it was here, the first sailing was only 5 nights and that was all that was in the app until it started sailing 7 night cruises.

Last night the app allowed me to see the full 8 days of MDR menus.  That is where I got the copy of the 8th day menu I posted. Today I can not see it.  Maybe last night the Allure was still on an 8 night itinerary but wouldn't explain why I could see it and Mimi couldn't.   Who knows. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For the person who asked about the Rise of Gru, it was pretty good for for the 4th movie in the series. 

There is a TikTok trend of Gentleminions.  Groups of  teenage boys are seeing the movie wearing suits.  My colleague’s teen son and 4 of his friends  did this.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It all worked. Almost 

I asked for Allure Oct 15. Looked at the menu for day 8 and again it was only breakfast!

So I can see the itinerary, but not that darned 8th day menu!

Finally! I found a menu that works.  After @reallyitsmema post, and looking at 4 other Allure 8 nighters I looked at this weeks and it's there.  The cruise ends tomorrow so it will disappear soon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I meant if you book 2 adults and 2 children in same cabin then have 2nd adult be a no show.  A couple cabins for 4 people keep popping up but disappear quick.

Maybe Eric and I adopt one of the children and put on our booking for suite then they could sleep in their moms cabin. 😁

I can’t get a room for 2 and 2.  I keep looking.  Originally that is what I was trying to do but all I get are rooms for two.

I will sleep in your suite!!!!

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I told you…great IT department!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, even with our daughter and grands in NJ, we both are very happy here in TX.  Not sure I could live through another NY/NJ winter.  I would rather sweat than shiver.  Besides, our humidity is not as bad as Houston.  

Our friends in NY sold their house and bought one in Delray Florida.  She just called to tell me she thinks they made a mistake!  They were snowbirds for the last 3 years and never experienced summer in Florida before.

Hoping all with covid get over it quickly with minimum symptoms.

The interesting thing is that we read about elderly people dying from the heat in other states. Not in Florida.
Most of us have AC, but not everyone. Hopefully your friends will getting used to going from air conditioning to air conditioning. The most I’m in the heat is walking from car to store. 
I hope their air doesn’t die like ours did a couple of weeks ago. I do not want to go through that again!

By the way, it took my mother 10 years to not hate living in Florida. Then one day on Long Island she looked around at her parents and siblings and said “How do you people live like this”. Rude!
She never explained herself, but said later she would never move back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

You’re going to miss her!

She’s going to miss you, too!

Thank goodness for FaceTime!

All true. But then again,  the plan seems to be changing each week so we shall see.  I'm certainly not rushing her out of the nest. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did you check it out for the July 9th Allure yet.  Funny thing is they can change it by the time either of us sail.

We’re sailing August 20, so I never checked earlier. I’m going with your prime rib menu!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did you check it out for the July 9th Allure yet.  Funny thing is they can change it by the time either of us sail.

Bingo!!!! It shows the full menu! Aren’t you brilliant!

The menu for the first 7 days, by the way, is exactly what it was for Harmony in March, so I’m not  expecting changes!

• Like 3

Looks like it's back to pre-covid.

20220709_143030.thumb.jpg.42152f435349952d4fc529b04fb0bd3d.jpg

20220709_143816.thumb.jpg.d7e9157de99eab3c0c2b25e506f340bc.jpg

If it's true what someone on the main board (Royal main board) that platinum are allowed then it sure doesn't seem very crowded.

20220710_103417.thumb.jpg.7fc30afb95d7fe2cab959d344f9d2dd6.jpg

Looked up and saw this.

20220710_101355.thumb.jpg.852ea17849e4401abd53c67c712e3bd5.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

One of my last drinks on Allure since 20220716_184721.thumb.jpg.ffa488c1fa429854aa181c0293a5805d.jpg Allure since

a lot of good things come to an end tonight. 😭

Not sure why it's putting the picture in the middle of the words.

Which lounge is this?🤔

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My step-daughter, who lived in Texas for the past 5 years and moved back to NY to stay with me "for a bit" last December would like to move to the east coast of Florida by winter.

Sure,  the warm temps and much lower cost of living are all well and good but I think it's the fact several of her single gal pals are living it up on the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale that's the draw.

My take? It'll be nice to have some place to stay for free pre- and post- cruise. 😁

Thank you. I wasn't the one that asked but same step-daughter actually asked me today if I'd go see that movie with her. Which means, none of her friends wanted to go or have already seen it. 😆

But I'm told I should see the Despicable Me movies first. All 3 + Minions. I guess I know what I'm doing with my Saturday night! LOL

I have enjoyed all the despicable movies.   Hope you are too!

• Like 1

Need help. I ended up getting a blister at the front of my big toe from walking. Never had it before from the sandals. It has gotten painful I think because when I walk it rubs and has gotten bigger. Would it be better to pop it to relieve the pressure and it wouldn’t rub so much? I have put the beige waterproof tape on it, but it still rubs. This tape has always helped other blisters from rubbing and getting worse. I don’t know what would be best and I don’t even want to walk off the ship tomorrow. Of course there could be other reason for that also. 😁

• Like 1

@ReneeFLL This is a good question for @Ocean Boywith his medical expertise.

I took skin off a blister one of my heels once. I had so much pain as a result that I had to see the family doctor. He said never to peel skin from a blister and treated it with a powder salve product and gauze bandages. I am not sure about popping the blister.

Do you have other shoes beside the sandals. Maybe wear socks and sneakers to get off the ship ?

How about calling the medical center onboard for some advice?

Hope you get relief.

MJ🙋🏻

Edited by MJSailors
Needs to add information.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. I wasn't the one that asked but same step-daughter actually asked me today if I'd go see that movie with her. Which means, none of her friends wanted to go or have already seen it. 😆

But I'm told I should see the Despicable Me movies first. All 3 + Minions. I guess I know what I'm doing with my Saturday night! LOL

I think you should enjoy them all, especially the final one with your step-daughter. 

• Like 1