Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did you do a day trip to Cumberland Island using the ferry or did you stay overnight?  The Greyfield Inn is a bit expensive but is all-inclusive with what is supposed to be gourmet food, and I think a happy hour.  Still trying to decide if it's worth a stay. 

We did a day trip on the ferry.  We did see that the Inn was a little pricy.  

Of course, if you want to rough it, you can always pitch a tent and camp there. 

Don’t know why this disappeared when I posted it this morning????

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

Sorry to hear that Maryanne.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jack and hoping Ryan gets the best of management and is in good care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, it's nice to still have memories to remind us of my parents. It was really tough about 2 and half years just before Covid lost my Mom, my Dad about about 9 months before that. Also lost my Father-in-law  between when my Dad and Mom passed. It was a lot to handle in such a short time.

My Dad loved gardening too, I think that is where I got my green thumb from. 🙂

That's really rough to go through the loss of 3 parents/in-laws in such a short period of time.  It's nice to be comforted by the skills they passed on to you.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITING NEWS AND I PROMISED THE SPOUSE I WOULD NOT TELL ANYONE.

WELL YOU GUYS ARE NOT JUST ANYONE SO HERE GOES.

I guess you can say I am letting the "cat" out of the bag!

It is official and next Tuesday we will be the proud parents of our new adoptive kitten.

Less than 2 miles from our home is an Animal Welfare League, and after waiting for approval from the forms we filled out, we visited and found the one for us!

She was just fixed, and resting comfortably.

Now in the past the spouse has let me name our furry friends.

I selected:

Our first love was Martha the beagle.  Since we built a Colonial style home it was only fitting I name her after the very first lady..............Martha Washington.

Then came Anny, we adopted our first kitten from a farm on our second anniversary, hence Anny (short for anniversary).

We had since lost our Daughters Cat Carrie earlier this year, and it is time to move on, it was a bad time losing her.

So now the spouse has his day in the sun and has the honor of naming her.

So once we have our baby, and has a name, I will post pictures Tuesday afternoon.

(She is Purrrrrrfectttttt and beautiful and I love her innocent look).

Now got to child proof a room, and attack Pets Mart.

Be safe

Congratulations.  So exciting and so much fun.  Can't wait to see pictures and read your wonderful stories.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

Sorry to hear this.  I hope they get him on a program of treatment and management.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Oh no.  I am so sorry.

Thank you, Karen

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Sorry to hear about the boys, hope they are feeling better soon.

Thank you, April

59 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh no! How old is he? So sorry to hear this.

Ryan is 13.  Thank you so much

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@LuckynanaI am so sorry to hear about your grandson.  It hurts when they are so young😢

Thank you, Marietta.  It really does..

50 minutes ago, NHProud said:
  •  

@Luckynana So sorry for your grandson.  

Thank you, Judy

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry to hear that Maryanne.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jack and hoping Ryan gets the best of management and is in good care.

Thank you, Arzeena.  He if finally in ambulance, heading to the hospital that specializes in Type 1 Diabetes

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So once we have our baby, and has a name, I will post pictures Tuesday afternoon.

Congratulations Sue!  I'm sure DH is going to pick the best name ever!!  Happy shopping!

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sorry to hear this.  I hope they get him on a program of treatment and management.  

Thank you so much, Mark.  How are you and Susan doing?  Praying that all is going well for your daughter.🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine2016Debbie and Eric, have a wonderful time on the Oasis!  Are you all packed yet?????

Bon Voyage!🛳️

Sorry to hear that Ryan has Type 1 Diabetes.    How old is he?    I imagine it will take some time for him to learn the do's and don'ts.   Hopefully he will be home from the hospital soon🥰    Sending him and your family positive thoughts and prayers🙏

Now that Eric did his emed test (he wanted to wait until I got home from work to do so he didn't mess it up since it was our last emed kit).     All good to go and we can start packing tonight.    I did have some stuff laid out on the bed in extra room already as I had passed my test last night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, it's nice to still have memories to remind us of my parents. It was really tough about 2 and half years just before Covid lost my Mom, my Dad about about 9 months before that. Also lost my Father-in-law  between when my Dad and Mom passed. It was a lot to handle in such a short time.

My Dad loved gardening too, I think that is where I got my green thumb from. 🙂

You are so right about the handwritten recipes.   I have a wood box for index cards that has lots of my Nana's and Mom's recipes.    I cherish that box.

That does sound like a really rough 2 years +/-     Sorry for your losses.     There is not a day that goes by without me thinking of my parents and how wonderful they were and how Lucky I was to have such Wonderful Parents!!.🥰

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I have absolutely NO idea how this shot of the salmon ladder in Ketchikan showed up here! 😹.
After the repeated photos…….

First picture…not a good day for a tram ride.  Red Dog Saloon, always a good alternative.

D56AD279-B56A-423A-B886-1DFE0D7B99BD.jpeg

F97414C9-4328-47E4-8197-FDFDA50AABBE.jpeg

C31BCE90-5637-4FF8-876B-73235A45AA88.jpeg

5C52C907-B813-4DC4-A21C-E7DDFAC3C401.jpeg

Edited by taznremmy
I have no idea how these got here! And I don’t know how to delete them.😜😹
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

How old is Ryan?

I saw in a previous post 13yo. This will be a bit of a learning curve but diabetics these days live very normal lives. With continuous glucose monitoring devices and insulin pumps, etc. We have several diabetics in our middle school and when I am over there it is great to see how they self manage their condition. We also have one on our HS football team. He does everything that everyone else in the team does. After the adjustment and the learning curve your grandson will learn to live with this and he will be just fine.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Everyone for the all good wishes for our voyage.       Really excited to meet Marietta and Family and get to explore Oasis😃

Not sure yet what my first cocktail will be, so many choices.   I do love my Mojitos but usually get something else for the first one.

This afternoon I received confirmation from Royal that Eric's scooter  we rented will be in our cabin.    He did 1 day of PT this week and was rather sore afterwards.   They suggested he use the scooter if he knows he will be going somewhere with a lot of walking.   If he is just going on short walks or feels comfortable enough then they recommend he use a cane (just in case).     Best not to strain since he is not fully healed yet.  

• Like 12

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITING NEWS AND I PROMISED THE SPOUSE I WOULD NOT TELL ANYONE.

It is official and next Tuesday we will be the proud parents of our new adoptive kitten.

Less than 2 miles from our home is an Animal Welfare League, and after waiting for approval from the forms we filled out, we visited and found the one for us!

I selected:

Our first love was Martha the beagle.  Since we built a Colonial style home it was only fitting I name her after the very first lady..............Martha Washington.

Then came Anny, we adopted our first kitten from a farm on our second anniversary, hence Anny (short for anniversary).

We had since lost our Daughters Cat Carrie earlier this year, and it is time to move on, it was a bad time losing her.

Be safe

You know around here we like pictures.... lots of them.🙂

• Like 6

I selected:

Be safe

Wonderful news!   I cannot wait to see some photos of the big reveal😻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear this Maryanne .

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have been jumping up and down since yesterday!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is official - we will boarding Oasis on Sunday with you and your family -   Yaba daba doo!   Eric finally did his emed test - Negative 😃

I hope you all have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I selected:

Be safe

Congratulations on the newest family member,Sue.

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is official - we will boarding Oasis on Sunday with you and your family -   Yaba daba doo!   Eric finally did his emed test - Negative 😃

Yayyyy! So I can officially say Bon Voyage to you, Eric, Marietta, Charlie and family.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2