Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Luckynana, I want to reiterate what @Ocean Boy said about diabetes management.  With the continuous glucose monitors that sync up with an app, insulin pumps, and long- and short-acting insulins, diabetes is so much more manageable than it was even ten years ago.  I'm sending positive thoughts your grandson's way!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Greetings from Skagway Brewery!

@harryfat1 OMG!  That was at least 600 calories I didn’t need🙀.916666D9-FAB2-4B23-8030-DC9FAF7F28E3.thumb.jpeg.0dd2dc653466f385f53fc03a4c5c05e3.jpegF9E6DC78-1E7D-4ACC-BD35-6E5C5059A13B.thumb.jpeg.a2ee569da32603236b1fa8f805161015.jpeg

Thanks for the memories!  We had the best Halibut at Skagway Brewing and shared a Doughboy which I will eat a whole one next time there!  Thanks for sharing and have a great time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Bonnie.  You are 100% correct.  We surely do ache for our children and grandchildren.  I'm feeling so badly for our daughter to be going through with this with Ryan, also.  We haven't heard anything more since they were being transferred in the ambulance.

How is your visit with your daughter and grandchildren?  Hopefully the rain hasn't prevented you all from doing whatever your plans were?

How is your PT going??  I "graduated" from my PT yesterday, after going 3x a week for the past 2 months.  They've really helped me a lot, and I am grateful for that.   

Maryann, we're having the best time with our daughter and grandkids; bowling, Andretti Go Kart and games twice (I had to stay home for that one).  Kids swam at our complex pool almost daily.  Rain luckily was not a factor.  One of my neighbors had her grandkids over one day and the kids had the best time.   We decided to relax tomorrow, probably hang out at the pool with new friends, weather permitting and Sunday, is the Ft. Worth zoo.  Monday they go home. waaaaaaaa...sniff, sniff.

My therapy is coming along, although I call it torture!  I graduated to walking with a cane but I still experience lots of pain.  I'm still upset my surgeon would not refill my pain pills.  The best he could do was prescribe tylenol w/codeine and an anti-inflammatory.  Hardly helps.  So glad you graduated from your PT.  Thank you for asking about mine.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, George C said:

Fun morning getting a mri of brain , I found out a couple of years ago I had a small tumor and need to make sure it didn’t grow, will reward myself with a 3 or 4 martini lunch , will also order food . They have a 4 dollar martinis special at lunch.

Hoping for positive results.

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

Hope they both feel better. Sorry to hear about Jack’s type 1. 

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have been jumping up and down since yesterday!!!!!!

Hoping you and your family enjoy the much needed cruise.

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

Wishing for you good results !  I’m having a CT scan of my head in Sept. . 

I’m hoping , they find nothing .  

I don’t drink martinis so maybe a glass of wine. 

Also wishing you positive results.

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I

That’s so exciting. Looking forward to some kitty pictures.

@Sunshine3601 Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

I'm so sorry to hear your 2 grandsons have been unwell Maryann.

I'm really sorry Ryan has Type 1 diabetes and hope he can get the very best treatment to control his sugar.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After a wet start this morning, it turned out to be a nice Saturday in Sydney, particularly in the afternoon.  Caught the ferry from Milsons Point to Circular Quay with the intention to visit the Sydney Pylon lookout but it closes at 2pm in winter.  Passed by the Sydney YHA - The Rocks, discovered  it has an archeological site on it’s lower level and adjacent to it. The

foyer looks nice and it has a rooftop that has spectacular view of the harbour.  Speaking of rooftop views, after checking out the lower levels of Sydney YHA (The Rocks), wandered down to the Museum of Contemporary Art and had afternoon tea at the MCA rooftop cafe - very nice individual Persian love cake and hot drinks , then wandered the galleries of the lower levels which was enjoyable

before catching the ferry back to Milsons Point, walking around to Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden and heading home.3092290C-01E5-496E-A587-0A332871B76F.thumb.jpeg.a1fa9affd31191d52058ff32c29ed511.jpeg

C65BA844-32B0-4445-9B27-DA9A24EA0606.thumb.jpeg.0c25ba4bff5c8504f5a33bad71db2782.jpeg

F6D1238A-EDE1-45A6-B497-F5F8894CDD66.thumb.jpeg.304898719824d229ec4b0fe2c9130cf0.jpeg

B9102F17-651E-4698-A415-C6329D29F5F8.thumb.jpeg.07352de25080a736d303d11ee1f05c70.jpeg

675987D2-C4A8-4E54-A64E-34565FE80F92.thumb.jpeg.da916dbe636b4b0529996531fc4a77ad.jpeg

2916C68E-9E52-48FA-9A59-8155FEB137BB.thumb.jpeg.8cde6127b903085eb44c5358e155c67d.jpeg

FC2D4216-6F4F-4F80-8EDC-CE16EAC1D225.thumb.jpeg.dfb41ee112cdea73ed2ae278aabfe479.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm still upset my surgeon would not refill my pain pills.  The best he could do was prescribe tylenol w/codeine and an anti-inflammatory.  Hardly helps.  

I would have probably done the same thing. Just saying...

• Like 6

13 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Greetings from Skagway Brewery!

@harryfat1 OMG!  That was at least 600 calories I didn’t need🙀.916666D9-FAB2-4B23-8030-DC9FAF7F28E3.thumb.jpeg.0dd2dc653466f385f53fc03a4c5c05e3.jpegF9E6DC78-1E7D-4ACC-BD35-6E5C5059A13B.thumb.jpeg.a2ee569da32603236b1fa8f805161015.jpeg

Looks like you're having a great cruise.  I was going to say that it looks like good weather until I saw your overcast tram picture.  Did you try a duck fart?  It's on my list.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

After a wet start this morning, it turned out to be a nice Saturday in Sydney, particularly in the afternoon.  Caught the ferry from Milsons Point to Circular Quay with the intention to visit the Sydney Pylon lookout but it closes at 2pm in winter.  Passed by the Sydney YHA - The Rocks, discovered  it has an archeological site on it’s lower level and adjacent to it. The

foyer looks nice and it has a rooftop that has spectacular view of the harbour.  Speaking of rooftop views, after checking out the lower levels of Sydney YHA (The Rocks), wandered down to the Museum of Contemporary Art and had afternoon tea at the MCA rooftop cafe - very nice individual Persian love cake and hot drinks , then wandered the galleries of the lower levels which was enjoyable

before catching the ferry back to Milsons Point, walking around to Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden and heading home.3092290C-01E5-496E-A587-0A332871B76F.thumb.jpeg.a1fa9affd31191d52058ff32c29ed511.jpeg

C65BA844-32B0-4445-9B27-DA9A24EA0606.thumb.jpeg.0c25ba4bff5c8504f5a33bad71db2782.jpeg

F6D1238A-EDE1-45A6-B497-F5F8894CDD66.thumb.jpeg.304898719824d229ec4b0fe2c9130cf0.jpeg

B9102F17-651E-4698-A415-C6329D29F5F8.thumb.jpeg.07352de25080a736d303d11ee1f05c70.jpeg

675987D2-C4A8-4E54-A64E-34565FE80F92.thumb.jpeg.da916dbe636b4b0529996531fc4a77ad.jpeg

2916C68E-9E52-48FA-9A59-8155FEB137BB.thumb.jpeg.8cde6127b903085eb44c5358e155c67d.jpeg

FC2D4216-6F4F-4F80-8EDC-CE16EAC1D225.thumb.jpeg.dfb41ee112cdea73ed2ae278aabfe479.jpeg

I'm so glad that you're posting pictures of your walks again.  I can't get enough of your photos of the Sydney area.  Just beautiful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would have probably done the same thing. Just saying...

I'm guessing that most doctors would also.  The opioid problem is real and serious in this country and can affect anyone.  I'm sure you know this better than most of us.

Bonnie - I hope you find a good way to manage your pain.  This article talks about the risk of opioid addiction increasing after just 5 days of prescribed use.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm so glad that you're posting pictures of your walks again.  I can't get enough of your photos of the Sydney area.  Just beautiful.

Tbh, I thought  everyone would be bored of my Sydney harbour/bridge/opera house/ferry photos -so pleased you still enjoy them.  Spring is around the corner and I appear to have recovered from the worst of the vertigo that had prevented me from going anywhere much in the last couple of months, so fingers crossed for more walks & a cruise over summer.

DD has booked a week in Queenstown, New Zealand to hike so if that goes ahead, will have them to share too.

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Tbh, I thought  everyone would be bored of my Sydney harbour/bridge/opera house/ferry photos -so pleased you still enjoy them.  Spring is around the corner and I appear to have recovered from the worst of the vertigo that had prevented me from going anywhere much in the last couple of months, so fingers crossed for more walks & a cruise over summer.

DD has booked a week in Queenstown, New Zealand to hike so if that goes ahead, will have them to share too.

No, never! You take lovely photos- I especially enjoy the flowers and birds. 

Since the majority of us are North American, I think we like to see other places, whether it’s England, Israel or Australia. 

Glad that the vertigo is resolving.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Glad that the vertigo is resolving.

Haven't been following this thread of late but this mention of vertigo caught my eye. Hoping it's not in reference to meniere's disease (which I have and so have bouts of mild to severe vertigo unpredictably). So...whatever the situation, hope it goes away and never returns. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

I'm sorry to hear this. Good news like others have said type 2 is very manageable and I'm confident he will learn how to deal with it and be able to do all the things he enjoys doing.

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, it's nice to still have memories to remind us of my parents. It was really tough about 2 and half years just before Covid lost my Mom, my Dad about about 9 months before that. Also lost my Father-in-law  between when my Dad and Mom passed. It was a lot to handle in such a short time.

My Dad loved gardening too, I think that is where I got my green thumb from. 🙂

Wow I'm so sorry that you had to deal with those loses so close. I have all my mom's recipe card files and make a lot of her recipe's to this day. It makes me feel good.

16 hours ago, Lionesss said:

It is official and next Tuesday we will be the proud parents of our new adoptive kitten.

I'm so happy for you Sue. I love cats and a kitten is even more fun. Congratulations. Pics please.

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is official - we will boarding Oasis on Sunday with you and your family -   Yaba daba doo!   Eric finally did his emed test - Negative 😃

I'll say. Yaba daba doo is right! Congratulations. Please post  a lot I want to be with you.

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not sure yet what my first cocktail will be, so many choices.   I do love my Mojitos but usually get something else for the first one.

I vote for the Kraken Colada. That's first day ritual. Others would be Lava Flow, Miami Vice, Mudslide or a BBC.

13 hours ago, George C said:

What’s interesting is my brother had a brain tumor the size of a orange removed a few years ok , he ignored symptoms, luckily he is doing fine now . I discovered mine by accident after a total body mri , I have zero symptoms. Martinis were excellent, we do this for lunch most Fridays . 

I'm glad your brother is doing good. What kind of Martini did you have? Gin or Vodka based?

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What is a BBC?

As explained earlier but here is the recipe.

1 oz Baileys

1 oz Dark Rum

1 oz Banana Liquor

1 banana

3 oz Pina Colada Mix

(Optional 1oz Godiva)

Put banana and liqueur and mix into paste. Add Baileys, Pina colada mix and rum with ice and blend.

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s team won 10-4.  Next game at 2pm tomorrow.

Congrats to Owen. Great win.

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My therapy is coming along, although I call it torture!  I graduated to walking with a cane but I still experience lots of pain.  I'm still upset my surgeon would not refill my pain pills.  The best he could do was prescribe tylenol w/codeine and an anti-inflammatory.  Hardly helps.  So glad you graduated from your PT.  Thank you for asking about mine.

Hang in there. I know it's tough. I have experiencing more pain than usual. I think I may be overdoing the exercising. I going to give my knee a day of rest. It's frustrating as I don't seem to be improving like I would like. I am sure you can relate. Hang in there I guess it just takes time for all of us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Up in Boston today for the Feast of St. Anthony in the Italian North End. Between food and drinks, by the end of the day I might feel the same as when I'm on a cruise. 

This city is always fun to visit. Maybe some pictures later for those who have never had the chance to visit this awesome city.

• Like 21