Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's interesting. Everyone seems to have hardsided luggage except us. 🤔 We have Delsey Helium bags, but they are softsided, and expandable. I will have to take another look at other types of suitcases next time we are in the market. 😃

No you are not the only one. I would never buy hard sided luggage.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I've been watching several episodes of  BD DU on Peacock.  I'd like to smack chef Ryan, Magda, and Benny.  Just saying.  

I totally agree!  I am amazed at what Ryan gets away with.  I have watched all the other seasons of all the Below Deck series and none of the chefs did so little for breakfast.  They all had beautiful fruit platters and pastries available as soon as people sat down.  He throws together a sloppy plated breakfast that looks awful.  He doesn't do desserts at dinner and rarely multiple courses.

Don't get me started on his feet up on everything in the kitchen.  That is just disgusting!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The queue is currently 22 hours to get to Westminster Hall to pay respects to our Queen.

Her family have just taken guard.

IMG_20220916_194744.jpg

IMG_20220916_194932.jpg

IMG_20220916_195042.jpg

Rest in peace dear Queen.

I heard that this will be the most watched event on TV. I was quizzed by family on what was the most watched before this upcoming event......My guess was Princess Di's wedding? Funeral? Nope! The correct answer was some event with Mohammed Ali (didn't hear if it was a match or a funeral or olympic event with MA).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

@Coralc I would never buy hard sided luggage either 

I didn't buy hard sided luggage but I had a new Samsonite suitcase have a handle ripped off and Kohl's replaced it for free.  First time using the new suitcase, it came off of a flight with a tear.  Went to the Delta luggage office at BOS and showed them what it looked like.  They replaced it on the spot.  I had a choice of some off brand black soft luggage or a hard sided bag, name brand that escapes me right now.  I figured I would try the hard sided one since my eggplant colored Samsonite was doomed.  It worked well on our trip to Alaska, just have to get used to packing two halves instead of one deep cavity.  We will see if it survives Oasis.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The bags I use are IT luggage ultra light.  But if I fly I just do a carry on so I don't know how they would fare.  They have held up on cruises so far

The one I got is Skyway luggage.  It gets decent reviews.  Not high end or anything but it was free.  I did put a strap on it when we flew to SEA and boarding the ship.  I figure at least if the zipper goes, this will hold the halves together.  I have duct taped the other bag and will keep it for now.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The bags I use are IT luggage ultra light.  But if I fly I just do a carry on so I don't know how they would fare.  They have held up on cruises so far

I, too, have IT luggage ultra light for my large bags and have a small London fog carryon that I love as well as another London Fog overnight bag that is great too.    I have no plans of getting hard sided luggage any time in my future.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So will Harry.  Last minute change.

I was thinking about that. Why would he even have his military uniform with him to wear? I can't imagine that it is something that he routinely packs, if he wasn't planning to wear it on their original planned trip. 

Of course, they are people who live in whole different worlds than we do. They probably have people to bring or ship their extra clothes. 😄

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Rest in peace dear Queen.

I heard that this will be the most watched event on TV. I was quizzed by family on what was the most watched before this upcoming event......My guess was Princess Di's wedding? Funeral? Nope! The correct answer was some event with Mohammed Ali (didn't hear if it was a match or a funeral or olympic event with MA).

I would have guessed the JFK funeral procession.

• Like 2

We bought new luggage about 5 years ago. Hard sided cases from Away Travel. Absolutely love them. They’ve got a nice system for cinching down clothes in one half to prevent movement (wrinkles) and squeeze in more stuff. The outside is extremely durable…just some scuffs after a lot of use. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We bought new luggage about 5 years ago. Hard sided cases from Away Travel. Absolutely love them. They’ve got a nice system for cinching down clothes in one half to prevent movement (wrinkles) and squeeze in more stuff. The outside is extremely durable…just some scuffs after a lot of use. 

We both always have had a large hard sided suitcase and a soft sided garment bag we seem to always overpack. We fly first so no extra charge .

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good. I'm happy to hear he will be allowed to wear his uniform, as he should.  He did serve!

And really the only one who did actual front line service, he earned the right to wear his uniform!  As far as I can tell, the others with all their myriad of medals, had them bestowed mostly by decree.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

My newest luggage is IT also, but mine is hard sided.  I love it, although I do miss being able to just pack everything in the one side.  I've always had soft luggage, but on one of our cruise trips where we went by bus with a group, it had begun to pour, and the bus driver put all the luggage on the walkway where Jim's and our friends clothes were soaked when they unpacked on the ship.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I would have guessed the JFK funeral procession.

I also would've said JFK's funeral was the most watched on television 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I was thinking about that. Why would he even have his military uniform with him to wear? I can't imagine that it is something that he routinely packs, if he wasn't planning to wear it on their original planned trip. 

Of course, they are people who live in whole different worlds than we do. They probably have people to bring or ship their extra clothes. 😄

I thought about his uniform as well.

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good. I'm happy to hear he will be allowed to wear his uniform, as he should.  He did serve!

I agree

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

And really the only one who did actual front line service, he earned the right to wear his uniform!  As far as I can tell, the others with all their myriad of medals, had them bestowed mostly by decree.

You're right.  He served twice in afghanistan. I guess it's up to the King and/or Prince of Wales to determine dress protocol.

• Like 5