Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I like my job, but I do not love my job.

Same here. And I have to work far too much overtime when I'd rather be spending that time with my family. Also very limited vacation time compared to most professional jobs (it's a smallish company). I just hope I can retire when I'm still able to travel and do all the things I'm not getting to do now. Of course, my son will be grown by then and I won't get that time back with him. 😪

I'm grateful for the 6 years I was able to be at home with him from birth through kindy, but I really wanted to be a SAHM forever and that wasn't possible.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I still have no idea what the right answer will be when the time comes. Part of my problem is I love what I do. I am in private practice (yes, the tail end of the old generation of physicians) and doing what I always wanted to do since I was, maybe, 10 years old. I have a practice that I started from scratch. And I don't know how I would give it up.

If you love what you do then there is no reason to retire. 

I retired at 55 and my husband retired at 57, now we love what we do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

FB_IMG_1666843885236.jpg.16ebe6ed1e05a70108d0bfb00fa2e9c6.jpg

A while back when checking out at the grocery store the cashier says to me "Don't take this the wrong way but how old are you, you know it's senior day and anyone 60 and older gets a discount "  I had just turned 60 at the time, yes there are some perks for getting older.

44 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I loved what I did for more than 25 years, then times started changing and new managers came in where I kinda still liked it but no longer loved it.  After 30 years it really started going downhill.  Yes I was assigned to good high profile projects but really didn't want the stress of it all and they wouldn't let me switch to something else, they said they needed me there.  About the time I turned 55 the company got bought, my project was one of the top for the new combined company with all new management.  Talked with our financial planner and he said we were good so took advantage of the buyout and retired.  I was 55 with just over 33 years at the company.  Jim was OK with his job but not thrilled,  he said if you are retiring I am too.  He consulted part time for about 18 months but gave that up too.  So happy we chose to retire when we did, but know it's not right for everyone.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I definitely envy people who love there job, for us it was a job is a job , we always liked paychecks. Another thing on SS is every month you delay it will increase what you get . Had a busy day yesterday got flu shot and voted , unfortunately candidate we want is a very long shot , since we lean liberal in a very conservative state. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m having problems when I load my video from my iPad to YouTube. It looks fine when it’s on my iPad, but when it’s loaded on to YT the quality sucks. I have tried everything I can think of with no luck. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I’m almost at the point where I’m going to take screen shoots of the video just to get stuff posted on my thread. We used the GoPro HERO 11 Black. Here is one example. About 9 seconds into the video you will see a large coral head. Here is also a screen shoot from the GoPro. You can see the difference. Granted, even the GoPro video isn’t that great. That was all due to the operator. 😆  Not sure what settings the camera was on when they were took.

DC607372-1281-44DA-BDFA-D112A1D1DC9C.thumb.jpeg.7b9cfe24008277cc21b7eac73edc7f56.jpeg

When you upload video to You Tube you will lose some quality. It's their compression algorithms. Did you click on the little cog wheel for video settings on the you tube video.

2050618048_ScreenShot2022-10-27at9_18_22AM.thumb.png.b0d224d2e57f2e23e1f7a472b151ee89.png

You can switch playback quality. Sometimes the defaults are low quality.. I switched it 2160p and I thought it looked really good.

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Now I  can log into CC and sign on.

But it will not let me stay logged on.

Every time I go to my computer it makes me re-log-on.

So  HELP!

Loosing patience in Ohio.

Sue

That's a weird one Sue. I know sometimes CC logs me out and I have to re login in order to like or post. I don't know why it does that. It sounds like your computer is not remembering you passwords. Here is a thread on CC talking about some of the same problems. You might try here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly, if I hit powerball tonight I'm pretty sure I'd be at work tomorrow. Nothing wrong with money. It is good for buying cruises.🙂 Problem is I love being a doctor.

There's your answer.  

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

The card is lovely.

Graham 

Graham, Happy, Healthy Birthday and many more.  Hope you celebrate in style!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just asked Sharon if she tried to text an android off ship.  She tried to text her sister's android and it did not work.  @Momof3gurlz Deb, I would suggest that you test what you can do soon by putting your phone in airplane mode and seeing what you can and can't do.  This way we may be able to help you through any problems or concerns. 

Great suggestion, thank you.  We tested out the airplane mode/wi-Fi settings last night and I believe we have it all set for wi-fi calling and texting.  The girls all have iPhones and they’re really the only ones we want to be able to text.  

• Like 4

Almost time for the painters  to come before the cabinets and 2 beams are installed.

20221027_104555.jpg

This is the area where we had the other partial wall removed. You can'tt see this area in the first picture. This wall is to the right when you walk in the front door, the kitchen area in the first picture is to the extreme left when you come in the front door.

20221027_104611.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

@Sunshine3601 🤞your new refrigerator is delivered as scheduled. Appliance & car breakdowns really stink, especially nowadays with supply chain and staffing issues.  
@LuckynanaCongratulations! Such wonderful accomplishments by your grandchildren!  
@grapau27 wishing you a very Happy Birthday Graham 🎂!!

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sunshine3601 🤞your new refrigerator is delivered as scheduled. Appliance & car breakdowns really stink, especially nowadays with supply chain and staffing issues.  
@LuckynanaCongratulations! Such wonderful accomplishments by your grandchildren!  
@grapau27 wishing you a very Happy Birthday Graham 🎂!!

Thank you Debbie.

Graham.

23 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Great suggestion, thank you.  We tested out the airplane mode/wi-Fi settings last night and I believe we have it all set for wi-fi calling and texting.  The girls all have iPhones and they’re really the only ones we want to be able to text.  

Did you take wifi calling all the way through the initial setup process of putting in an emergency address?  You only have to do that once and the setting will always be there but it has to be done while you are connected to cellular.  As long as you went into airplane mode, had wifi enabled and wifi calling on and were able to message and make a phone call, you should be good to go.  

If all has been working for you on the ship and then it just flakes out, go into your browser and do logout.com.  Then turn your phone off and on again and reconnect to Voom.  That will usually fix most issues and keep you from having to stand in a Voom help line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Graham Day!!! I hope you have a great celebration on your latest trip around the sun. Cheers to you my friend! 

Thank you Greg.

I appreciate your sentiments.

I hope your injuries heal quickly and your pain is minimal or gone.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

If I win the powerball tonight, I'm chartering Icon of the Seas for all my friends here. It maybe a small group for such a large ship but we will have the run of the place.

I love it! I'm already getting in the mood. I already have started recording my Hallmark Christmas movies. Yes I know they are corny but I still like them anyway. I am finishing up my Christmas music compilation for this year which I will send out a link for everyone to download. I love Halloween but after Monday it's all out for Christmas my favorite time of year.

I guess, I need to start sucking up!🤣

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

How is your mom?  How are you?  Being stuck at home is not fun.  I love staying in but not when I am forced to!

She is hanging in there.  My sister went up to see her a few times while I couldn't but really didn't check stuff out.  I usually do my mom's meds with her and I checked her tray yesterday and it was all messed up!  She was missing one pill, only a vitamin luckily, but had doubled up on her happy pill!  No wonder she has sounded off to me the last few days!

I am finally improving, though now done with my second round of antibiotics and my steroids.  I have been negative for covid and influenza a and b, so that is good.  I had bronchitis but not pneumonia plus seasonal allergy issues which have me wheezing badly.  I think he wants another chest xray but hasn't put anything in my chart yet.  

I like being home too but have just not had the motivation or stamina to do anything!  I need to make this place look decent before DH flies in tonight from the left coast 😄 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Have you had a pneumonia shot yet?

No, but I think they are for 65 and over.  I haven't had my flu or next covid booster either because I react to them so bad.  I was planning on getting them when I got back but have to wait until now until I am completely better.  I did talk to the doctor about my reactions to Moderna and he suggest I switch to Pfizer for this one.  Last booster I got the chills so bad it was almost like convulsions.  I didn't want to mix but supposedly that is recommended for those who react poorly to one brand.

Did you get pneumonia shot?

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

I definitely envy people who love there job, for us it was a job is a job , we always liked paychecks. Another thing on SS is every month you delay it will increase what you get . Had a busy day yesterday got flu shot and voted , unfortunately candidate we want is a very long shot , since we lean liberal in a very conservative state. 

Yes, it increases if you delay it, but you are getting a check for more periods of time (IE more checks) the earlier you retire.  Then the present value calculation since there is inflation (and at the moment increasing rapidly) a dollar is worth more today than a dollar 5 years from now.  As I mentioned earlier, the key is knowing if you are going to die on which side of say 85, would greatly affect the simple math.  

I did a spreadsheet and without even considering inflation (since that is a bit of an unknown) that if you live to less than 80 the difference in taking the money at 62 is not that significant compared to taking it at 70.  If you die at 69 it is a no-brainer.  🤣

JC

• Like 2