Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are awaiting our chariot.  Chris to arrive around 11 am to drive us to Cape Liberty cruise terminal.   

Estimated drive time is 1 hr 20 mins.   Hoping we don't have line up of cars that we had end of Aug. For our Oasis sailing.   

Have a great time!!  Bon Voyage!🥰

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I had the same thought looking at Jimbo's pictures. To see if it was a good place to stop going south. Looked it up, and no it would be quite a diversion for us.

When are you guys heading to Naples?

I agree, Arzeena!  Too bad it's not somewhat closer...🤔 

We were planning to leave on the 28th, weather permitting, but our daughter asked if she and her family could stay at the  Condo from the 26th to the 31st..it's not easy for them all to get together for vacations since two of our grandchildren are in College.  We can either still leave on the 28th and stay at our friends condo, or just leave on the 29th and arrive after they're gone, on the 31st.  We're heading up to their home in Ct. in two weeks for our "Cousin Christmas" with all of our daughters, SIL's and grandchildren.   We're hoping the two College kids will be able to make it.🎄

When do you go to Orlando?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

.getting close to bellas.

Booked airfare this morning. Flying in on Saturday and flying out after debarkation. Fares were outrageous.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are awaiting our chariot.  Chris to arrive around 11 am to drive us to Cape Liberty cruise terminal.   

Estimated drive time is 1 hr 20 mins.   Hoping we don't have line up of cars that we had end of Aug. For our Oasis sailing.   

Safe travels wished to you. Have a fantastic cruise.

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We are having another beautiful New England day and another bike ride.

Beautiful pictures. You live in an incredible area.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We also liked to go to Ohr Yehuda ("ours" was Antebe; Exodus doesn't exist anymore...), but the traffic is horrendous, so we gave up years ago.

It used to be that you knew when the rush hour is, and plan accordingly. For example, after 10am it was "plain sailing". Not anymore. All hours are "rush hours"....

Rare to find shawarma from lamb here. Too expensive.

Glad you were able to find and enjoy your shawarma lunch, Dani!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I would take your 24°C day over our 26°F day this morning, with a feels like 16°F.  Our heater got it up to 50° in the gazebo, which made it nice for a soak in the hot tub. 

Is your granddaughter all better since her bout with pneumonia?

How is your daughter feeling these days, Mark?🙏

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We are having another beautiful New England day and another bike ride.

20221204_122530.thumb.jpg.8b9a63a4f0055e80f4b6655b22e9d035.jpg

20221204_122413.thumb.jpg.56ea27d4c57570f19576239d74db956a.jpg

20221204_122325.thumb.jpg.5c6c0dbed95989a77ae9fa863ce87117.jpg

20221204_121925.thumb.jpg.6fc428aa1344deafd5ae9b86944c3ed7.jpg

Beautiful pictures, OB!  Thank you for sharing!  Perhaps I'll be able to see your beaches, since Ava is looking into the Colleges in Rhode Island...

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Booked airfare this morning. Flying in on Saturday and flying out after debarkation. Fares were outrageous.

The cruise is getting real, Greg!!

So glad I don't have to deal with flying and outrageous fares;  however, I will have to pay for 14 days parking in Miami for our B2B🙄

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I agree, Arzeena!  Too bad it's not somewhat closer...🤔 

We were planning to leave on the 28th, weather permitting, but our daughter asked if she and her family could stay at the  Condo from the 26th to the 31st..it's not easy for them all to get together for vacations since two of our grandchildren are in College.  We can either still leave on the 28th and stay at our friends condo, or just leave on the 29th and arrive after they're gone, on the 31st.  We're heading up to their home in Ct. in two weeks for our "Cousin Christmas" with all of our daughters, SIL's and grandchildren.   We're hoping the two College kids will be able to make it.🎄

When do you go to Orlando?

After the January cruise.

Enjoy your Christmas. It is always good reading about your grand kids. Hope all are doing well.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks for sharing this, April.  So, it looks like it would be at least an hour and a half from I-95 in Lumberton?  We usually stay overnight in Lumberton on the first night of our trip to Naples.  On the way home, we stay in Stafford, Virginia

If you straight in from Lumberton yes, however you could get off 95 further north at either 795 or 40 and go south east to get there, cuts off quite a bit.  There are ways to go south west from there to get back on 95 further south but not sure they would save much if any.  If you ever have a few extra days it would be worth it but not for just an overnight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

35 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We finally booked flights on Friday. Just about slid off the chair at the pricing.

Southwest has a flight around 11AM from Ft. Lauderdale the day I need to fly home for $619.🫨🫨🫨🫨🫨

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

After the January cruise.

Enjoy your Christmas. It is always good reading about your grand kids. Hope all are doing well.

Thank you Arzeena.  We're heading out soon to watch our Town's Christmas Parade.  Ryan will be marching with the HS Marching Band...we'll finally get to see him up close;  when we watch him at the Football games, he's too far out on the field to see him clearly.  His brother Jack will be commentating and streaming the Parade on YouTube. for the Town.🎄  This is the first year William won't be marching with the Cub Scouts.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Beautiful pictures, OB!  Thank you for sharing!  Perhaps I'll be able to see your beaches, since Ava is looking into the Colleges in Rhode Island...

My older granddaughter has friends in RI colleges.One goes to Brown and the other URI.They both love their schools.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My dear friend's house at the very right.

20221204_132713.thumb.jpg.476aa0f72a51f9c6349f01b110274e67.jpg

I am pretty impressed with the S22 telephoto lens. I wonder where it is going...

20221204_132835.thumb.jpg.c75b874a8cf4640f8a2e0f0e9e1f68a2.jpg

20221204_132856.thumb.jpg.c73fd0ba24e47afc5976d7122ebed95a.jpg

I like the big inviting white wall.  Nothing says Welcome quite like that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Is your granddaughter all better since her bout with pneumonia?

How is your daughter feeling these days, Mark?🙏

Granddaughter has recovered, and she was off for a weekend of ice skating. Daughter still has a long road ahead of her.  I will be driving her to her weekly treatment tomorrow.  

I have been a little behind, because I slept most of Saturday.  Susan woke me up around 1 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning, because she was having symptoms of a heart attack.  So off we went to spend the night at the ER.  Lots of tests….heart monitor, x-rays, blood work, etc.   Thankfully it was not a heart attack, but likely related to stress.  Anyhow, we both slept a lot once we finally got home.

The ER staff took care of her right away, even though there were way more people than I thought should be there in the middle of the night. 

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thankfully it was not a heart attack, but likely related to stress.

🙏 it was not.

So sorry about the stress you're both going through.

As parents, we feel so helpless when we can't wave a magic band and rend our kids healthy again.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Granddaughter has recovered, and she was off for a weekend of ice skating. Daughter still has a long road ahead of her.  I will be driving her to her weekly treatment tomorrow.  

I have been a little behind, because I slept most of Saturday.  Susan woke me up around 1 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning, because she was having symptoms of a heart attack.  So off we went to spend the night at the ER.  Lots of tests….heart monitor, x-rays, blood work, etc.   Thankfully it was not a heart attack, but likely related to stress.  Anyhow, we both slept a lot once we finally got home.

The ER staff took care of her right away, even though there were way more people than I thought should be there in the middle of the night. 

I am happy to hear all is well with Susan.

Your daughter is always in our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The cruise is getting real, Greg!!

So glad I don't have to deal with flying and outrageous fares;  however, I will have to pay for 14 days parking in Miami for our B2B🙄

Maybe rent a car one way to Miami for embarkment then rent another for ride back to Naples.   Might be cheaper.  We have done this and sometimes able to use credit card points for free car rentals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Left home around 11:30, arrived at cape liberty around 1 pm.   and onboard in about 15 mins.  Cabins were ready.

My Boss sent a nice gift!20221204_151156.thumb.jpg.92b8dbe02910f8e7f5a80b6678eac4fa.jpg

Went to sky bar and bartender Rajesh said Hello Debbie🥰 without even seeing my seapass.   The last time  I was on Anthem was April.  Amazing!!!

He asked if I wanted a mojito instead I had a Kraken Colada with floater.  He made a very good one.  Sorry I already drank some before I took photo.

20221204_143833.thumb.jpg.6e490d13afd0a33871a8e15d644c9d1f.jpg

• Like 26

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank God all is well with Susan. 

Take care. 

• Like 2