Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

That's certainly okay Helen, and no worries. They were just asking about nice areas/towns near Palo Alto. And I am not that familiar with the area, but I know you are. Mountain View is nice. We've been there. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dbancroft said:

A  lot of January birthday's in our house. Oldest daughter is Jan 22 Youngest daughter is Jan 11 Granddaughter will be 13 Jan 5 Son in laws is Jan 27 and last but not least Muffin was 2 on Jan 1

muffin.jpg

Happy Birthday to all your family members celebrating their birthdays this month including muffin 🎉🎂🐾

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dbancroft said:

A  lot of January birthday's in our house. Oldest daughter is Jan 22 Youngest daughter is Jan 11 Granddaughter will be 13 Jan 5 Son in laws is Jan 27 and last but not least Muffin was 2 on Jan 1

muffin.jpg

Happy Birthday to all your family members, and especially lovely Muffin, gourgous dog 🐕 

• Like 3

So back to school and work for most people this week. Taking down our decorations today. Weather has been mild, wet and windy for a few weeks now with lots of flu and colds doing the rounds.

I'm starting a pilates course next week which I'm looking forward too. 

Restarting my healthy eating and exercise regime, so looking forward to that after the excess of rich food and too much alcohol of the last two weeks .

Hope everyone's New Year is starting out right and wishing everyone a healthy 2023

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

We went out to dinner last night with my brothers and their wife's and partners yesterday. It wasn't a particularly posh place. Upscale pub I guess, but wow have eating out prices gone up. Normally we would spend around £60 for a two course dinner with a glass of wine. Last night the bill was £100 per couple 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, dbancroft said:

muffin.jpg

Happy January birthdays for all your family celebrating.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

animated-Happy-Birthday-candles-gif.gif

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

76CD6CA2-D30F-404E-AC90-45961FE1F856.jpeg.804952145e44e55013c61f6aa17aa71e.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I am so sorry I missed your post, Patti.  I turned my notification off a long time ago so that's why I can't see who tags me.  The pages on this thread multiplies so fast it's hard to keep up after being away sometimes.  I cheat by trying to skim through or skip pages just to catch up.  Lol. 

I'm glad @ownedbypets's daughter was able to find a nice place and all settled in now.  I hope she makes new friends and enjoys her time here in the Bay Area.

You can choose to turn off notifications being sent to you but can still see who tags you when you sign into CC. Tap the three horizontal bars in the right upper corner of the screen and then tap rhe notification bell at the upper right corner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You can choose to turn off notifications being sent to you but can still see who tags you when you sign into CC. Tap the three horizontal bars in the right upper corner of the screen and then tap rhe notification bell at the upper right corner.

And the notification bell is already visible if viewing on an iPad.  Too bad they can’t make things appear the same, regardless of the device used. 

On another note, you asked what you missed on Andrew’s thread.  This is what was posed on a Spanish site. 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

And the notification bell is already visible if viewing on an iPad.  Too bad they can’t make things appear the same, regardless of the device used. 

On another note, you asked what you missed on Andrew’s thread.  This is what was posed on a Spanish site. 

IMG_6678.MOV 32.58 MB · 8 downloads  

Thanks, what caused it?

• Like 1

We were om Celebrity Horizon off the west coast of Cuba when the ship mode a quick 180 degree turn, the ship healed , amd the pool emptyed over the deck. Captain later made an announcement that a passenger had been seriously injured, and the ship was headed towrds Key West to get into range of the USCG rescue helicopter. At the time, we were on the pool deck , end could see from the wake the had turned around. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

We were om Celebrity Horizon off the west coast of Cuba when the ship mode a quick 180 degree turn, the ship healed , amd the pool emptyed over the deck. Captain later made an announcement that a passenger had been seriously injured, and the ship was headed towrds Key West to get into range of the USCG rescue helicopter. At the time, we were on the pool deck , end could see from the wake the had turned around. 

That ship was our first cruise... 7 nights New York City to Bermuda.

16 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Love Kohlrabi.  But have only eaten the green version.  I make soup with it.  It has a mild sweet taste.  It is a very versatile vegetable.  Have not tried the purple ones yet.

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

From what I have read I will try mixing it with other veggies with olive oil and roastMaybe try it in a salad.   

@Ozark_Kid, So, John, when I've replied to you, DH was already asleep.... This morning I've "interviewed" him about the "alien", since it's a regular staple in "his" cooking/roasting/eating.

1. He's peeling it and eating it raw.

2. Using it in vegetable soup.

3. Mixing it in salads.

4. Our eldest son is cooking it whole in the oven, and likes it very much. His complaint -- the smell attracts all the flies from a wide radius to his flat...

5. We only have the green "version" here --

image.thumb.jpeg.19a674b33be78e966d56cc1524bc35ec.jpeg

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've never seen it nor tried it and was going to say it looks like something that an alien would eat. But apparently it's only alien to me. 😃

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Kohlrabi is very popular at Farmers' Markets. I have no idea how it is prepared. The green variety always reminds of the aliens in "Toy Story".

To me it resembles an alien space ship .....

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

4. Our eldest son is cooking it whole in the oven, and likes it very much. His complaint -- the smell attracts all the flies from a wide radius to his flat...

I grew up helping my parents tend a huge garden, so I've grown/picked/processed/eaten more than my share of vegetables. However, now that I'm an adult, I am not fond of many of them and only eat them because I'm a grown up and I'm supposed to. I am not sure I could bring myself to eat something that the flies loved that much... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am not sure I could bring myself to eat something that the flies loved that much... 😂

He is indeed very mystified by the flies'  "quick response"...

He even asked on FB for advice, and, lately, on an very popular AI chat... No satisfying replies so far ☹️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm starting a pilates course next week which I'm looking forward too. 

I didn't have my glasses on and when I read this I thought it said "I'm starting a pirates course." I thought how cool. 🤪

• Haha 17

During the first few days of January 2022 the mother in law of one of my nephews passed away and a few days later Toby’s best friend passed away.

I was hoping and praying that his year would start out better but it was not to be.The brother in law of one of our dearest friends passed away .He had Leukemia and Alzheimer’s .Toby and I knew him since 1968.This came to be a few days after me finding out that my CC friend rkacruiser died which is still difficult for me to believe.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I didn't have my glasses on and when I read this I thought it said "I'm starting a pirates course." I thought how cool. 🤪

Rrrrrrrrrr you kidding me?

That would be cool.  RC should consider having a class.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well my heritage is 100% Cornish and they were famous for wreckers and smuggling in past centuries so.........

• Like 9