Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Furosemide is not used to treat low potassium. It can actually contribute to kidney excretion of potassium from the body. Am I misinterpreting what you wrote? Did you mean he also prescribed a potassium supplement for replenishment?

I am sure I misread the description, which is sad since I haven’t had a drink yet . Other he gave me was potassium cl .

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, George C said:

Doctor gave me furosemide to treat excess fluid in my legs and furosemide for low potassium. Definitely need to lose some weight and go back to the gym . As they say growing old sucks but beats the alternative.

I hear you. I am getting in to see my doctor this afternoon about my body itching without a rash. Of course I did some internet searching that horrified me. The itching could be kidney problems, Lupis, Cancer, and a host of other things. Starting to get worried but hopefully nothing serious. My itching was getting better until last night when it flared up again. I did have some left over Fettucini Alfredo from a restaurant we went to the other night. Maybe my body is rebelling from all the rich food I have been eating. I really have no idea. I've always had sensitive skin but this is all new.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks,  Kenzie is a sweetie.  Yesterday she came too me, grabbed my hands and said Black Eyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow.  Then she started dancing all around!  

I am doing fine. Physically when I overdo it I wear down quicker but I feel good.  I am thankful the family is handling it much better.   My oldest DD has been working hard.  She got my late April MRIs moved up to next week!  

I am so thankful for those that are offering prayers for me.  It makes a great difference. 

Our prayers 🙏 and good wishes will be with you next week when you get your MRI.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

When I make a list, I forget the list!

Same here Arzeena.  Andy had a great idea which I try to do now:  as soon as the list is complete I take a picture of it with my phone.  So if I forget the list, it’s there on my phone-as long as I remember to take the picture LOL.  Some (like my daughters) would say, why not just write the list in Notes on your phone.  I like an old school paper grocery list. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@brilloheadCongratulations on your new job!

My granddaughter Erin will be graduating from Fairfield University with a Nursing Degree

in May.  She is hoping to work in an ER in Manhattan.

Congratulations to Erin on her upcoming graduation and kudos to her for her choice!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hear you. I am getting in to see my doctor this afternoon about my body itching without a rash. Of course I did some internet searching that horrified me. The itching could be kidney problems, Lupis, Cancer, and a host of other things. Starting to get worried but hopefully nothing serious. My itching was getting better until last night when it flared up again. I did have some left over Fettucini Alfredo from a restaurant we went to the other night. Maybe my body is rebelling from all the rich food I have been eating. I really have no idea. I've always had sensitive skin but this is all new.

Don't you just love GOOGLE😇  I do the same thing when I have any ailments.  Good luck

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Don't go read the current hot tub thread then...............

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations to Erin .The daughter of one of my cousins graduated college last year with a Nursing Degree and is working in Manhattan.She was influenced by Toby being an RN and a cousin of mine who was also an RN.

Thank you, Lenny!

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Regarding Nursing as a career.When Toby entered college she wanted to be a nurse.However,her parents wanted her to be a teacher.When she graduated college the majority of the women became teachers.However ,Toby became a Social Worker as did her sister.Toby still had the desire to became an RN and after both of our daughters were born she quit her job and went back to college to study Nursing 

She worked as an RN 27 years.

Jim's cousin went back to school in her 40's after having 3 sons and became a Nurse😊

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Same here Arzeena.  Andy had a great idea which I try to do now:  as soon as the list is complete I take a picture of it with my phone.  So if I forget the list, it’s there on my phone-as long as I remember to take the picture LOL.  Some (like my daughters) would say, why not just write the list in Notes on your phone.  I like an old school paper grocery list. 

I'm with you, Deb.  I write all of my lists on paper.  Plus, I like to write!😉

• Like 2

Spring is officially here. 
7C21C9EE-6FB0-4742-B4C4-EA6D608089DC.thumb.jpeg.992fb50ac9efb3c21b91432dcccc2163.jpeg

We visited the kitchen cabinet store yesterday and finally committed to a partial kitchen renovation. The weird angled island will be replaced with a large rectangular island that’ll be much more functional.  I’m happy it’s getting done but it made us decide to not go ahead with the 11nt Panama Canal & ABC island cruise on Beyond next March ☹️.  With what we’ve already done this year and what we have booked, it’s not in the budget.  We might look at a shorter (and more budget friendly) ABC cruise in Feb or March, but we’re also thinking about a land trip to Hawaii next year so 🤷🏻‍♀️.  

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Spring is officially here. 
7C21C9EE-6FB0-4742-B4C4-EA6D608089DC.thumb.jpeg.992fb50ac9efb3c21b91432dcccc2163.jpeg

We visited the kitchen cabinet store yesterday and finally committed to a partial kitchen renovation. The weird angled island will be replaced with a large rectangular island that’ll be much more functional.  I’m happy it’s getting done but it made us decide to not go ahead with the 11nt Panama Canal & ABC island cruise on Beyond next March ☹️.  With what we’ve already done this year and what we have booked, it’s not in the budget.  We might look at a shorter (and more budget friendly) ABC cruise in Feb or March, but we’re also thinking about a land trip to Hawaii next year so 🤷🏻‍♀️.  

Priorities, Deb!  ☺️. You'll be so happy with your new kitchen renovation.  There's just so much we can do.  I was asked to join some cousins for a cruise in November, I told her we've got 4 Graduations this year, among other things going on around the house.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It is always better to get your information from a professional . Since you are doing that ( and I didn’t want to scare you ) I’ll mention that my daughter cut across some bushes to get from the parking lot to her workplace. She picked up some skin burrowing insect /parasite which made her itch .  There wasn’t any rash but on close examination you could see movement beneath her skin . Yuk ! 
It was treated successfully. 

• Like 4

Speaking of grocery list.  A while back we started using the app reminders that is on Sharon's iPhone and my iPad.   When we think of something needed we put it on the list..... if we remember 😆 

It's also been good for listing things needed for the next trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Generalized itching can also occur from changes in environment such as weather, temperature, humidity, taking a hot shower, soap, shampoo, and detergent changes, medication changes and on and on and on....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Generalized itching can also occur from changes in environment such as weather, temperature, humidity, taking a hot shower, soap, shampoo, and detergent changes and on and on and on....

I’m at my doctors office now. I will ask because I thought about that. Going from a humid environment to here which has been incredibly dry.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Lenny!

Jim's cousin went back to school in her 40's after having 3 sons and became a Nurse😊

I'm with you, Deb.  I write all of my lists on paper.  Plus, I like to write!😉

When Toby went back to school there were a large group of women and men who were in their 30’s and 40’s and she became friends with several and we socialized with them for many years .

• Like 2