Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, sgmn said:

At our first port, Grand Caymen so have some WiFi in the bar we're in. Day 3, so far great cruise. Serenade is a bit knocked about and rough around the edges,  but a grand ship and food so far has been good. Big balcony.  Made it to the gym 🏋️💪 yesterday. 

Great  day at 7 Mile beach, but it's hot hot hot 🔥 

20230914_073715.thumb.jpg.e55453ceeceb4d07752ff92f4e06b979.jpg

20230914_105215.thumb.jpg.56529b3dae9c6f9450113a112f749840.jpg

Nice to have a lounger on the balcony.

I like heat but I think this time of year in the Caribbean would be too hot for me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

In line waiting to get off the ship, 😔 but ready to go home to see our babies. Couldn't get my camera to focus on the Statue Of Liberty so just a sunrise picture. 

20230914_061814.thumb.jpg.e1233afef797e20bdc3e266fa58d4cbc.jpg

Safe travels home, Renee and Mike!  You'll be with your babies soon!

@aussielozzie18  Awesome pictures!  What a beautiful area you are vacationing in.  Oh, wait!!  It's beautiful everywhere in Australia where you live, and where you visit.  Lucky us that we get to enjoy your beautiful Country through your pictures!  Thank you, aussie!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Boy do I feel like a idiot. I just fell for a Facebook ad scam for Tommy Bahama. While on FB a week ago I saw an ad for End of Summer sale for Tommy Bahama. After going through the website and looking at the items for sale and the great prices (should have been suspicious then) I bought a pair of shorts for $28.

I then received an email that I would be notified when the item was shipped. I became a little concerned that the email address that I received was from a third party company and not Tommy Bahama. After a week of not getting my product or notification that it was shipped I checked our bank account and saw where the $28 was taken out on the date of sale. I went back to Facebook and could not find the original ad but after searching Tommy Bahama Sale saw several posts from people who also got scammed.

Lesson learned never order anything off an ad on Facebook. Always double check by going to an official website. I contacted our bank and put a freeze on our account and are getting new cards. I contacted Tommy Bahama and Facebook. I am disappointed in Facebook in that they don’t do a better job of verifying ads but ultimately it is my fault. Once again I have to remind myself, if it’s too good to be true it usually isn’t.

I nearly fell for a similar scam from a company proclaiming to be the PGA Tour Superstore and selling Titleist golf balls for an incredibly low price.  The price was so low that I first checked the real PGA Tour Superstore website and couldn't find anything close to a sale for that price.  The website in the ad was not pgatoursuperstore.com but rather something similar like pgatoursuperstoresale.com.  The fake ad was on X (aka Twitter), not FB.  

FB is a cesspool when it comes to this sort of thing...the primary reason that I avoid it completely.  Keep an eye on your credit card for fraudulent charges or if you really want to be safe, notify your credit card company and get it switched right away.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Yesterday marked the last Chemo treatment that was  scheduled. 

The radiation treatment is 35 treatments, 5 days a week. The first 25 are full treatments, based on a cat scan of the affected area, Those 25 have been completed, along with a new cat scan to determine how the last 10 treatments will be handled. 

The tumor has pretty much disappeared, but I am having considerable difficulty swallowing, so primary nutrition is by feeding tube.  I have had minimal weight loss, so the feeding tube is working.

Still shooting for a sail date of Oct 7.

It sounds like you are almost home free and doing well!  I'm sorry that you are having difficulty swallowing, but thank goodness you have had minimal weight loss.  How wonderful that the treatments have been working..we're all rooting for you and DW to set sail on your October 7th cruise, so we can wish you a Bon Voyage!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am a big TB fan. They have a pair of cargo shorts that I love. I wore them all the time for work and when I am on a cruise. Normally the shorts sell for $75-$80 so when I saw them on sale for $28 I jumped on it. I now know never trust a FB ad and always go to the official website.

Please don't beat yourself up over this, Greg.  Luckily it's only $28 that you're out of.  Yeah...good old FB...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

At our first port, Grand Caymen so have some WiFi in the bar we're in. Day 3, so far great cruise. Serenade is a bit knocked about and rough around the edges,  but a grand ship and food so far has been good. Big balcony.  Made it to the gym 🏋️💪 yesterday. 

Great  day at 7 Mile beach, but it's hot hot hot 🔥 

20230914_073715.thumb.jpg.e55453ceeceb4d07752ff92f4e06b979.jpg

20230914_105215.thumb.jpg.56529b3dae9c6f9450113a112f749840.jpg

Love your big balcony!  Glad to hear you're having a good cruise!  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I nearly fell for a similar scam from a company proclaiming to be the PGA Tour Superstore and selling Titleist golf balls for an incredibly low price.  The price was so low that I first checked the real PGA Tour Superstore website and couldn't find anything close to a sale for that price.  The website in the ad was not pgatoursuperstore.com but rather something similar like pgatoursuperstoresale.com.  The fake ad was on X (aka Twitter), not FB.  

FB is a cesspool when it comes to this sort of thing...the primary reason that I avoid it completely.  Keep an eye on your credit card for fraudulent charges or if you really want to be safe, notify your credit card company and get it switched right away.  

It looks like that is the only charge but we have alerts on for our bank. Sometimes when we are on a cruise and buy something on our card our bank alerts us that there was a purchase overseas. They now have a option to let them know when you are out of country so you are not contacted for every out of state charge. I wish these scammers would spend all their time and energy for good and not crime.

• Like 7

Speaking of Tommy Bahamas - I was surprised to see a store here in Noosa.  When I walked past it, I went ah -  a dani forum favourite!  Turns out there are lots of Tommy Bahamas stores in Australia.  I never knew.  @Sea Dog sorry you got caught in a scam but glad it was only a small amount.

• Like 4

I had something similar happen last Christmas. It wasn't from an ad on social media; it was a site that showed up in the results when I did a Google shopping search. The site looked totally legit, and I fell for it since it was mixed in with other real shopping sites in my search results.

I realized something was wrong when the name of the company that charged my CC was weird and different from the website. I then did a search on that company and found out that it was a scam site. I disputed the charge on my CC and then had to get a new card/account number and change all of the recurring charges. Such a pain. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Yesterday marked the last Chemo treatment that was  scheduled. 

The radiation treatment is 35 treatments, 5 days a week. The first 25 are full treatments, based on a cat scan of the affected area, Those 25 have been completed, along with a new cat scan to determine how the last 10 treatments will be handled. 

The tumor has pretty much disappeared, but I am having considerable difficulty swallowing, so primary nutrition is by feeding tube.  I have had minimal weight loss, so the feeding tube is working.

Still shooting for a sail date of Oct 7.

I have never mentioned this before, but my favorite Pinnacle benefit is breakfast in Chops. Don't usually eat breakfast at home, but just to walk in, have a waiter at your table to bring some French Toast, sausage, potatoes , some bacon. And a glass of iced tea. Yumm. did not have to fix it, or clean up after

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Your news sounds excellent.

Wishing you all of the best.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Final dinner of our lovely holiday.  Beautiful sunset.  I ordered a delicious macadamia crumbed Barramundi and DH ordered a beach burger.  Our meals were served and I could see DH really wished he had ordered the Barramundi, so being the good wife I am, we swapped.  Thankfully the burger was tasty.

930BF8C8-4170-47F6-862E-04E89C86C8CC.thumb.png.d87811635c1e7d3cc59a695fca05e6ce.png

• Like 12

On 9/13/2023 at 5:23 PM, HBE4 said:

I'm not looking for any belated birthday wishes or anything but just wanted to say that I'm honored to share a birthday with the adorable Kenzie.  (Sept 10th, right?)

I've been mostly off-line the past week & trying to skim thru 17,000 new posts "liking" them & then going back to reply.

Happy belated birthday buddy.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1