Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, taznremmy said:

All packed, but for the last minute stuff.  Off tomorrow on the Crown Princess for a 16 night R/T cruise to Hawaii from San Francisco,  I am flying tomorrow, but booked my air thru Princess so not too worried,.  If I have to spend 5 nights in SF at their expense, I'm OK with that.😁  This was booked because I was flying up North for Thanksgiving with the family, and decided to make the most out of the flight,  

I hope you have a fabulous cruise with great weather.   Safe travels😊

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sunshine3601 Debbie get well wishes from me too!

Cousin Eddy!  The **iter's full.

I know exactly where it is although I've never eaten there.    Breadwinner's is in that area.  Great place for lunch, unusual sandwiches.

Several other restaurants in there we had dinner in a steakhouse there about a year ago Migion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve always wanted to visit NYC At Christmas. Just to see all the store fronts, the Rockefeller Tree and est at some amazing restaurants. Have fun and let me know where you all go. Cheers!

Many of the stores no longer do the elaborate window displays that were seen years ago. However, it is still a fun time to visit. Just be prepared for crowds that can become quite taxing to say the least.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Many of the stores no longer do the elaborate window displays that were seen years ago. However, it is still a fun time to visit. Just be prepared for crowds that can become quite taxing to say the least.

So  true just not as enjoyable as it used to be, just to many people now. Weather can be crappy too.

• Like 1

Christmas in NYC:  Every year we would take our daughter down to NYC from the 'burbs', to Rockefeller Center to see the tree, ice skaters-my daughter's favorite, amazing window displays, especially Lord and Taylor animated displays, FAO Schwartz and then warm up with some delicious NYC chicken soup and deli.  All magical places, even the deli! 

She was always excited to see a Chanukiya (Chanukah menorah) here and there.

The crowds carrying holiday shopping bags made it all the more festive.  As a NYer, crowds are a given.

It was the only time I tolerated the cold.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

As a NYer, crowds are a given.

You have to admit that the pre Christmas crowds are are at a whole different level from the normal crowds. Sometimes you can't even fit into St. Patrick's. And the last time I went into the city during that time,  Lord and Taylor was the only store still doing the big Christmas displays.

The area around Central Park near Columbus Circle is still very nice and far less crowded.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not even close, although people seem to like to say this all the time.  The worst NFL team is still made up of the best college players, who are now bigger, stronger, and more experienced than they were when playing in college.  Bama had 10 players drafted this year...more than any other team except Georgia who also had 10.  That means that 12 of their starters, and another 5-10 who don't start but play regularly, weren't even good enough to play pro.  I haven't verified this but of the 10 Bama players who were drafted, several are probably sitting on the bench, and a couple may not have even made the team.  Just look at how easy #1 draft pick Bryce Young made things look last year at Bama, and how much he has struggled this year against NFL defenses.

That doesn't mean that teams like Bama and LSU aren't very good and fun to watch...their just not even close to being in the same league as any NFL team.

Probably many more NFL players on those teams then you think but just don't get the  opportunities  since there are so many good players on that same team( so they sit and don't get a chance to show how good they are). NFL scouts miss them too because they don't get enough snaps(playing time). to be drafted but they are  as good as some of the current players in the NFL.

As a whole there are some very good college teams that could handle some of the lousy NFL teams this year.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog  Are you able to get NFL Network in your room to see the game? Chiefs against the Dolphins?

Watching it in the room via NFL network. I already had my therapy so perfect timing. They also said I can take my time and can go home after the game and after lunch.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

So  true just not as enjoyable as it used to be, just to many people now. Weather can be crappy too.

Last time we went was before the pandemic. Not the same as it used to be. Weather was crappy two or three visits. Terrible crowds. You didn't have to walk......you were just moved. Total chaos. I wanted to go back as soon as I stepped out of Penn Station. We also used to drive sometime and were not able to make it in during the holiday season......traffic and weather combined. It used to be so magical. But not anymore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have to admit that the pre Christmas crowds are are at a whole different level from the normal crowds. Sometimes you can't even fit into St. Patrick's. And the last time I went into the city during that time,  Lord and Taylor was the only store still doing the big Christmas displays.

The area around Central Park near Columbus Circle is still very nice and far less crowded.

Of course, crowds are at a maximum during Christmas shopping season.  I haven't been back for quite a few years but when I was there, the crowds never bothered me.  I grew up in Manhattan so I guess I was used to it.

The most crowds I ever encountered in Manhattan was in Chinatown.  If I needed to faint, I would do so standing up!

@Arzeena I'm sorry the experience isn't magical for you anymore.  In a way, I'm glad I haven't been back in years so that my memories are all still wonderful.

@Sea DogGreg, when they "spring you" I bet you'll be happier at home with Linda by your side.  Sleeping in your own bed makes all the difference.

• Like 4

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Of course, crowds are at a maximum during Christmas shopping season.  I haven't been back for quite a few years but when I was there, the crowds never bothered me.  I grew up in Manhattan so I guess I was used to it.

The most crowds I ever encountered in Manhattan was in Chinatown.  If I needed to faint, I would do so standing up!

@Arzeena I'm sorry the experience isn't magical for you anymore.  In a way, I'm glad I haven't been back in years so that my memories are all still wonderful.

@Sea DogGreg, when they "spring you" I bet you'll be happier at home with Linda by your side.  Sleeping in your own bed makes all the difference.

Yes it will be good to be home with my loved ones.

• Like 5

Yesterday, after living here for almost a year…DH succeeded in programming one of our Tahoes to open the garage door without using a clicker.  Previously we’d just left the one we were taking turns driving in the driveway so didn’t open the garage doors all that often.  Now, though, we have learned how to carefully get both Tahoes in our “three car garage” and thus wanted to program the cars.  I had tried to do this with YouTube videos AND the owner’s manual to no avail.  DH printed instructions from the garage door manufacturer’s website and he finally got one programmed.  However, Tahoe #2 refused to follow suit.  After DH’s eighth try (no, I am not exaggerating) I suggested we give it a rest and try again today.  This is why you need grandchildren…

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2023 at 6:06 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Pancreatic cancers do not stay stable on scans for two years. You have already passed the test of time. One of the issues with the imaging we have available to us these days is we pick up "abnormalities" that are meaningless. They lead to a lot of unwarranted stress and worry. Scan stability over two years makes me quite comfortable. I'd say that you have plenty of time to make more holes in walls with your head.😉😇

I might as well make some more holes with my head, as we’re going to have to pay someone to repair Dick’s repair of the first one. 
Charges for coming out for any service are so high, we should make an effort to get our money’s worth. 
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
They’re so encouraging. I believed Dr K, but having you confirm that I’m ok means a lot!

• Like 7

On 11/4/2023 at 3:56 AM, Sea Dog said:

IMG_3697.thumb.jpeg.8297e1e39bae11b4c58f80a6231ee5ff.jpeg

Room is really nice. 2:45am the pain is going pretty good. New knee is barking back at this dog. If I am being ridiculous with all these posts like t’m still doing a live review I can move over to my live review? Thoughts??? I don’t want to hijack the conversation. I know it’s not about me.

I’m going through posts backwards, so I just got to this one. That object to your last sentence. 
It IS about you. We are invested in you like we are the rest of our Dani family. 
Like I said, I’m reading in reverse order, so I know you’re doing ok. At least you know what to expect! 
The catheter is not comfortable, but that is leavened with the ability to just go when you need to, with a smile because you’re getting away with something!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I still love New York City and visit every year but haven’t been there in winter for over 30 years , I hate cold weather.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Probably many more NFL players on those teams then you think but just don't get the  opportunities  since there are so many good players on that same team( so they sit and don't get a chance to show how good they are). NFL scouts miss them too because they don't get enough snaps(playing time). to be drafted but they are  as good as some of the current players in the NFL.

As a whole there are some very good college teams that could handle some of the lousy NFL teams this year.

Try this article about Amari Cooper (former Bama receiver) dismissing the idea, or this article where Pete Carroll (former USC head coach and current Seahawks head coach) says that "it ain't even close", or this article where Joe Namath says that a pro team would need to beat itself and the 2016 0-12 Browns would probably roll the 12-0 Tide.  The article with Pete Carroll had a Vegas odds expert saying that the Jags (worst NFL team at the time) would be favored by 24 over the 2012 Bama team.  The pros know.  Ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1