Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Just read on the Celebrity board that our friend here on Dani's thread @helen haywood fell and broke her leg on her Beyond cruise. 😞

Oh no!! Poor Helen 😪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Ocean Boy did you see JetBlue will have nonstop flights from TF Green to San Juan PR starting this October?  Nice option for one of those southern Caribbean itineraries out of SJ.  

I did see that. I was actually going to post a note here to you. I will definitely start looking at SJU again as a departure port!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Were you at MSG last night ?I actually watched the overtime ..

I was not. I had recorded the game as I went out for $5 Tuesday movie night & watched it when I got home. Unfortunately my DVR only recorded up to the end of the first overtime period 😠 so I did not see end of the game. I did see the replays afterwards.  Exciting game & the first true test of adversity the Rangers faced this post season. I will be watching tonight's game live.

However, I was at this past Sunday's Game 1 and have tickets for Game 5 this coming Monday so I need the Rangers to lose at least 1 and only 1 game. 🙂

BTW, the movie I saw was The Fall Guy with Ryan Gosling. Loosely based on the 1980's TV Show.  Good, not great, but enjoyable. Worth the $5 dollars if you like impossible stunt movies mixed with basic rom-com formula.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I was not. I had recorded the game as I went out for $5 Tuesday movie night & watched it when I got home. Unfortunately my DVR only recorded up to the end of the first overtime period 😠 so I did not see end of the game. I did see the replays afterwards.  Exciting game & the first true test of adversity the Rangers faced this post season. I will be watching tonight's game live.

However, I was at this past Sunday's Game 1 and have tickets for Game 5 this coming Monday so I need the Rangers to lose at least 1 and only 1 game. 🙂

BTW, the movie I saw was The Fall Guy with Ryan Gosling. Loosely based on the 1980's TV Show.  Good, not great, but enjoyable. Worth the $5 dollars if you like impossible stunt movies mixed with basic rom-com formula.

Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt did an opening on Saturday Night Live supposedly to plug the movie. It was really funny. You can see it on YouTube.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt did an opening on Saturday Night Live supposedly to plug the movie. It was really funny. You can see it on YouTube.

This one? Seems like they spent more time plugging Barbenheimer😃

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Just read on the Celebrity board that our friend here on Dani's thread @helen haywood fell and broke her leg on her Beyond cruise. 😞

Oh no, hope she makes it home ok.

57 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

ouch!   Sorry to read this.  At least it looks like she was able to continue on the cruise, and not have to deal with getting back from St. Thomas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh no, that is terrible. I wonder how it happened and where the fracture is. I also wonder where she saw the orthopedist.

Isn't Beyond in St. Thomas today or was it yesterday?

Edit: just checked Marine Traffic. Looks like Beyond is in Antigua today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

That's terrible. So sorry to hear.😪

OMG. 

HOW AWFUL!!!!!

I hope they are keeping her comfortable. 

Prayers for healing. 

❤️

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

This one? Seems like they spent more time plugging Barbenheimer😃

Yes, this is it. That is why I said supposedly plugging The Fall Guy. I've liked Ryan since Remember The Titans and Emily since The Devil Wears Prada. Anyway, I found this skit to be pretty funny.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's part of the problem in that I like my food and good cocktails. Now while I don't eat as much rich food during the week and I only drink alcohol on the weekends I never have a problem. It's only on a cruise and now a vacation full of fun food and drink. I just want to have fun right?

As long as there is no serious health concerns,  it seems like a minor price to pay for enjoying life. Especially since it's a temporary inconvenience and only happens occasionally when vacationing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

We really liked that movie , great cast , love the cameo at end with Lee Majors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Terrible news. Thank you for letting us know what happened.  I posted a response on that thread.  Healing prayers go to Helen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I can't believe that I was rooting for Venus to win the immunity challenge.  All of a sudden she's growing on me....🤔  I was hoping the winner of the challenge wouldn't have won, but...oh, well...🤨

I do not think that person will win this season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, this is it. That is why I said supposedly plugging The Fall Guy. I've liked Ryan since Remember The Titans and Emily since The Devil Wears Prada. Anyway, I found this skit to be pretty funny.

Agree, it was pretty funny. I never had much of an impression of Ryan  until I saw "LaLa Land" that's when I began to appreciate him.

And I've always liked Emily, probably since "The Devil Wears Prada" too.  I really enjoyed her in the most epic Lip Sync battle ever with Anne Hathaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SZfznYgToc

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, George C said:

We really liked that movie , great cast , love the cameo at end with Lee Majors

I think part of my issue was I had trouble hearing some of the dialogue so a few of the running jokes were lost on me until the end.  It was in an older theater where the sound system isn't the best. Plus, there were two women behind me that felt the need to give a running commentary on every scene. After turning my head a few times, not looking at them but kind of in their direction, they finally got the message and quieted down.  I have another group of friends that want to see the movie so i may tag along with them for a second viewing, in a newer theater with a clearer sound system.

And seeing Lee Majors at the end was a hoot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think part of my issue was I had trouble hearing some of the dialogue so a few of the running jokes were lost on me until the end.  It was in an older theater where the sound system isn't the best. Plus, there were two women behind me that felt the need to give a running commentary on every scene. After turning my head a few times, not looking at them but kind of in their direction, they finally got the message and quieted down.  I have another group of friends that want to see the movie so i may tag along with them for a second viewing, in a newer theater with a clearer sound system.

And seeing Lee Majors at the end was a hoot.

I also had trouble hearing some of the dialogue, I wear hearing aids , will definitely watch it again with close caption when it appears on one of the streaming services. Nobody was close to us and I had a couple of margaritas to enhance the movie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wishing @helen haywood a speedy recovery. 

To cheer you up, here is a picture of Leonard, trying to act like he's a tough attack cat while guarding the open door

LennyDoor.jpg.18ada4b63250c75b58a76cfbf94b0e61.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

As long as there is no serious health concerns,  it seems like a minor price to pay for enjoying life. Especially since it's a temporary inconvenience and only happens occasionally when vacationing.

I swish that were the case. It ends up being very annoying and hurts somewhat. Also gets very hard to put on shoes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I swish that were the case. It ends up being very annoying and hurts somewhat. Also gets very hard to put on shoes.

Very annoying and more than a slight inconvenience.

• Like 1