Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, George C said:

If you never tried it I would recommend the specialty restaurant Le Petit Chef, we do that every celebrity cruise.

We have it booked for the last night! We don't do a lot of specialty restaurants, but that one is so unique we had to try it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

First time on Celebrity for us!

I was bummed, also. I had been looking forward to your review so I could learn more about the ship before we sailed. How are you doing healthwise these days?

Yes I really wanted to do that sailing but Linda had shoulder surgery and we didn’t think she would have been rehabbed enough.

I’m doing pretty good just dealing with doctor visits it seems like too much. Next week is urologist to go over MRI. I may have one spot they may biopsy. Then to the periodontist for some gum work and then finally to skin cancer doctor to have a mohs  surgery on my temple. Then after our October cruise it’s back to the skin cancer doctor to have some chemo cream applied to my bald head. That doesn’t sound fun at all. Ah the joys of getting older.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I don't plan to do a review, but I may post a few pics here. 

Have a great cruise.  I look forward to seeing your pictures 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Im sure he’s great I am a Captain Kate fan and enjoy her YouTube videos. So bummed we had to cancel our first Celebrity Beyond cruise last April with her.

I was not a Kate fan at first but she won me over with her videos.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Then after our October cruise it’s back to the skin cancer doctor to have some chemo cream applied to my bald head. That doesn’t sound fun at all. Ah the joys of getting older.

You shouldn't be outside during daylight without a hat on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks! It's an 8-night cruise from FLL to the ABC islands.

Very nice! I have still not made it to Bonaire. I've only seen lights as we sailed by one night on Adventure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very nice! I have still not made it to Bonaire. I've only seen lights as we sailed by one night on Adventure.

Our first stop in Bonaire was purely accidental, we had an A&C+St Kitts cruise on Adventure in 2017...St Kitts got cancelled due to Hurricane Irma going through while we were on the ship and we stayed south and stopped in Bonaire.  One of our favorite stops to this day...I'd probably say Bonaire is 2nd behind St Maarten on my favorite islands list.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I'd probably say Bonaire is 2nd behind St Maarten on my favorite islands list.

Wow, really? What did you like about it?

We are doing an excursion called "Salt Flats & Rincon Village", which also supposedly includes seeing flamingoes.

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are doing an excursion called "Salt Flats & Rincon Village", which also supposedly includes seeing flamingoes.

We've done the Bonaire Cruisers golf cart rental for a day, and drove around the island at our own pace.  Stopped at plenty of the diving spots (they mark them along side the road with painted stones and numbers) with incredible blue water, a pink sand beach (which saved me LOTS of money because after that my wife said she no longer had to go on a cruise to Bermuda LOL), saw the salt flats and lots of flamingoes.  

We've also done the Woodwind snorkeling out to Klein Bonaire...just incredible.  My cousin and his wife are avid scuba divers and have told me that Bonaire is by far the best diving site they've ever been to.

Overall, just seems like every time we've been there the weather has been perfect and we've done things that have given us the "wow" you're always looking for.  

• Like 13

59 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

You will love the Beyond!!!!  It is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew.  Bummer about Captain Kate.  We saw her everywhere last March and since we were in a suite she came to our lounge for pictures one night.  I was on that cruise with sweet @Luckynana and her wonderful hubby as well as Graham and Niki (aka a sailor from Pompey).  We had an awesome time.  Also the ABC's are the best island combination, IMHO.

41 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

We've done the Bonaire Cruisers golf cart rental for a day, and drove around the island at our own pace.  Stopped at plenty of the diving spots (they mark them along side the road with painted stones and numbers) with incredible blue water, a pink sand beach (which saved me LOTS of money because after that my wife said she no longer had to go on a cruise to Bermuda LOL), saw the salt flats and lots of flamingoes.  

We've also done the Woodwind snorkeling out to Klein Bonaire...just incredible.  My cousin and his wife are avid scuba divers and have told me that Bonaire is by far the best diving site they've ever been to.

Overall, just seems like every time we've been there the weather has been perfect and we've done things that have given us the "wow" you're always looking for.  

Couldn't agree with you more Larry!  Last March I did the golf carts first with @Momof3gurlz and @Dadof3gurlz Deb and Andy.  We had a great time tooling around the island looking for flamingoes and had a fabulous lunch at a restaurant the golf cart people gave us a coupon for.  Then I went back to Aruba a week later with Dave when we were on the Beyond and did another golf cart tour with the aforementioned Graham and Niki and I took them to the same restaurant!  Also, first time in Bonaire, we did the Woodwind snorkeling and Dave said it was his best time snorkeling ever!  

So basically you can't go wrong on Bonaire!  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was not a Kate fan at first but she won me over with her videos.

I have heard from lots of people that say she is very approachable, extremely nice and gives her time freely for pictures and questions. I like and respect her very much. Let’s face it she was the first ever female cruise ship captain and I’m sure she had to face a lot of obstacles and skepticism.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You shouldn't be outside during daylight without a hat on.

I am wearing a hat outside.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She decided we all tasted good today😁

Was she wrong?  Just be thankful she didn’t go as far as Hannibal Lector. 😂

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s terrible. Did they say about how long it will take to heal? 

6 to 8 weeks.🙄 We were planning to move the end of July, and that won't be possible. Thanks. 

• Like 4