Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Friends, we have been blessed with a sixth grandchild, born yesterday. A boy.

We now have 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters.

Ages are 7 years, 5 years, 3 years, 22 months, 14 months, and a one day old. 

Life is good.

We have a bunch of Royal cruises planned, a couple locally out of New Jersey to experience some new ships for us, and then some out of Florida to experience some other much newer ships, and eventually a cruise to Alaska, a first for us.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

• Like 29

10 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

We have a bunch of Royal cruises planned, a couple locally out of New Jersey to experience some new ships for us, and then some out of Florida to experience some other much newer ships, and eventually a cruise to Alaska, a first for us.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson!!!!!  What a blessing to have 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters!   Once our first grandchild was born, we were blessed every two years with another grandchild, until we had our 7.  

A word of warning......don't blink....they grow up so quickly!  Our oldest grandchild will be 23 next month.

Grandchildren are the best!!!❤️

• Like 7

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I'm doing the "happy dance".  I received an email from RCL telling me that I am a "select top Pinnacle member" and I'll have access to the Suite/Concierge Lounge.  🥂

Congrats Pat that's great. 

3 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Oops.....my Bad. I am boarding the Radiance on Friday, not the Navigator.🙄🙄

I will see you on the October cruise, as well as Greg @Sea Dog on the 11/18 sailing.  Enjoy Navigator!

Looking forward to seeing you.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Congratulations on your new grandchild.

• Thanks 1

Greetings from adventure ots. It has been cooler weather which to me was great but not so much for those wanting to swim. I did the ferry and the bus in Bermuda. It rained while I was on the bus but missed me. But a lot of excursions got cancelled so I was lucky the ferry and bus ran. I was told by some Brits if you get on the bus be sure to greet them and say hello. Boy howdy did I have a girl with a attitude toward us americans who dont know how to show respect. It's not just getting on the bus its walking into any building you greet people. And she and her friend were on about respect while she was driving, she wants to change the world. Her friend said dont take a picture without asking, so I said ok may I take your picture. All part of the adventure. Interesting island. She told me she had 60 seconds to take her picture. 

20240916_094416.jpg

20240916_094819.jpg

20240916_101553.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Ocean Boy  Our friend Graham aka Schooner Drinker asked me to tell you his prediction for Winner of Survivor..either Genevieve or the ER Doctor (both on the Red Team)

I like the ER Doc so far. Unfortunately, professionals like him don't seem to have a good history on Survivor. Genevieve is a lawyer and may have the same issues as the doc.

There is something about Anika that is not clicking with me. I can't put my finger on it yet. Sierra, The nurse, seems pretty chill so far. Andy has a lot of baggage and better get his head straight or he will be gone as soon as his physical strength is no longer needed. I was fine with the guy that got sent home. I wasn't really feeling him at all.

The two hours went by pretty fast so I think it will be a good season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Congratulations and enjoy all the cruises.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Congratulations to All🎉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Greetings from adventure ots. It has been cooler weather which to me was great but not so much for those wanting to swim. I did the ferry and the bus in Bermuda. It rained while I was on the bus but missed me. But a lot of excursions got cancelled so I was lucky the ferry and bus ran. I was told by some Brits if you get on the bus be sure to greet them and say hello. Boy howdy did I have a girl with a attitude toward us americans who dont know how to show respect. It's not just getting on the bus its walking into any building you greet people. And she and her friend were on about respect while she was driving, she wants to change the world. Her friend said dont take a picture without asking, so I said ok may I take your picture. All part of the adventure. Interesting island. She told me she had 60 seconds to take her picture. 

20240916_094416.jpg

20240916_094819.jpg

20240916_101553.jpg

Sorry that you had some rain in Bermuda.  Hopefully you enjoyed your travels by bus and ferry.   Did you fall in love with the island and want to return?    

It's one of our favorites.

Edited by Sunshine3601

9 hours ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Congratulations on the birth of your newest grandson. You are indeed blessed.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

1962 Austin Healy Sprite. Bill was going to sell it before we moved, but didn’t. He had to hire a car hauler service to bring it up. It runs fine, but he was driving his truck and hauling a trailer. 

My dad had a Bug eyed Sprite when he started to date my mom. He shared a lot of stories about that car. 

9 hours ago, mets07 said:

🚢

Congratulations.  ❤️

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

And so we begin the long trek home.  We spent two nights in Waikiki, visiting Pearl Harbor while we were there. It was incredibly moving.  Although not unexpected, we were still taken aback by just how crowded and commercial Waikiki is.  One high end store or mall after another.  But we had a nice ocean front room at the Outrigger Reef with a balcony that felt like a cruise ship balcony 🙂.  
We then flew to Kauai which is everything I imagined Hawaii to be;  lush, green, laid back unspoiled and just gorgeous.  Our resort, Koloa Landing in Poipu, could not have been better.  We took a sunset catamaran cruise Tuesday along the NaPali coast.  All I can say is wow, wow, wow. Pictures don’t do it justice.  Waimea Canyon was also spectacular. This trip truly lived up to our expectations and I wouldn’t change a thing.  
IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.875b38e9a79199fa77e8b763caffec27.jpeg

IMG_2314.thumb.jpeg.b37b89db251e9b61200d0bbb3a6474dd.jpeg

Our last night on Oahu

IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.60a56a4da4cf2abdbc2a0a49fa5a3615.jpeg

IMG_2606.thumb.jpeg.910c53fcd9b1ada7f7d797d4aeb06198.jpeg

You know you’re in a small airport when you see this in baggage claim 😂

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.c20ba53c24d03f5c9bfbb2815ead74a6.jpeg

Koloa Landing

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.a05cfcff584f21de52338ebd10aa0ed7.jpeg

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.5fe5dbb96dcbafee39834ce16d159b42.jpeg

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.5dca7631ed33543e880495b91d5276c7.jpeg

IMG_2378.thumb.jpeg.4bd6772578e461a8e39d8237178543bd.jpeg

IMG_2393.thumb.jpeg.58e873a68a3171716f6146ea74d4f1ff.jpeg

IMG_2397.thumb.jpeg.b6ab308fe6732003d9aef596aa576ff6.jpeg

our last night in Kauai 😢

IMG_2698.thumb.jpeg.fc934c330ad837d6105fe64cdfaac335.jpeg

Looks like you had a great time!  Your pictures make me want to go back.  I just wish that it wasn't such a long trip from the east coast.  I agree with you about Waikiki, but we might need to spend a night or 2 there just to go to the Monkeypod Kitchen to get a Mai Tai. Did you make it to Keoki's Paradise for dinner?  It's right by the Koloa Landing resort.  We enjoyed a great meal there.  I'm glad that you had good weather for Waimea Canyon.  Most of the lookouts were clouded over for us.☹️

APCa-72.thumb.jpg.f214924b325c23b3b361e4b2b9976549.jpg

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry that you had some rain in Bermuda.  Hopefully you enjoyed your travels by bus and ferry.   Did you fall in love with the island and want to return?    

It's one of our favorites.

Like I said it only rained when I was on the bus, dry. So the rain didnt bother me, missed me. The next day was more rainy. I tried to get some pictures with lightening in the port but I cant click fast enough. Pulling into nassau now, tomorrow coco cay. I snapped a light house picture for ocean boy. 

Yes I loved nassau, too bad this is the last cruise out of florida listed going to Bermuda. I'd have to drive to NJ or Baltimore.  I just wish there were more scheduled on royal to Bermuda. That's why I jumped on this one so last minute. No more.

First is nassau coming in, other 2 port of bermuda with lighting kinda cool time. I love the rain and brought a poncho. 

20240919_082243.jpg

20240917_115717.jpg

20240917_115350.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

You are truly blessed. Congratulations. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, derorim said:

Thanks for sharing pictures of your stay in Hawaii. They brought back wonderful memories. I'm so jealous!  You had a long trip home... did you fly in two or three segments?  We recently took a 5 hour non-stop flight and I thought it would never end.  🙂 

No, we had nonstop flights both ways from Boston.  About 11 hours going there and 9 1/2 coming home.  It was the only downside of the trip. If we ever did it again, I’d break it up with a stop in California.  

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Wonderful pictures.  They brought back some good memories.  Good to hear that you had a great trip.

The important question is, did you get some Hula Pie?

We did not!  I also didn’t try a shave ice. Andy and I are the rare breed who don’t really care for sweets 😱

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like you had a great time!  Your pictures make me want to go back.  I just wish that it wasn't such a long trip from the east coast.  I agree with you about Waikiki, but we might need to spend a night or 2 there just to go to the Monkeypod Kitchen to get a Mai Tai. Did you make it to Keoki's Paradise for dinner?  It's right by the Koloa Landing resort.  We enjoyed a great meal there.  I'm glad that you had good weather for Waimea Canyon.  Most of the lookouts were clouded over for us.☹️

APCa-72.thumb.jpg.f214924b325c23b3b361e4b2b9976549.jpg

Yes, we had dinner at Keoki’s Paradise our last night.  It was one of our best meals and the atmosphere was perfect.  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Congratulations!
Enjoy your cruises and your grand babies!

13 hours ago, mets07 said:

Life is good.

Best to all! 🍼🚢

Adding my congratulations on the birth of your newest grandson.  A true blessing and treasure.

Smooth sails on all your future cruises.