Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Thank you Maryann @Luckynana, Mark @h20skibum, Marietta @DaniDanielle, Deb @Momof3gurlz, John @Ozark_Kid and Bethany @TravelGirlinDallas for your thoughts.

Yesterday was indeed a very difficult day. Hard to believe that we're at war for a year and the end is not, sadly, in the near future.

Beside, DS1 had to fly back home and is thinking of moving to our apartment, since his rented one in Tel Aviv is a very old one, without shelter. We, at least, have an in-house shelter.

The good byes were emotional, and the grandsons hugged their uncle again and again...

IMG-20241008-WA0016.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

To all posting here in the path of Milton- prayers and good thoughts for your safety during the storm and strength to handle any after effects.

Hoping 🤞the forecasters are wrong regarding Milton’s severity.

Take care

MJ👩🏻

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

To all posting here in the path of Milton- prayers and good thoughts for your safety during the storm and strength to handle any after effects.

Take care

MJ👩🏻

Couldn't agree more MJ!  🙏

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you Maryann @Luckynana, Mark @h20skibum, Marietta @DaniDanielle, Deb @Momof3gurlz, John @Ozark_Kid and Bethany @TravelGirlinDallas for your thoughts.

Yesterday was indeed a very difficult day. Hard to believe that we're at war for a year and the end is not, sadly, in the near future.

Beside, DS1 had to fly back home and is thinking of moving to our apartment, since his rented one in Tel Aviv is a very old one, without shelter. We, at least, have an in-house shelter.

The good byes were emotional, and the grandsons hugged their uncle again and again...

IMG-20241008-WA0016.jpg

Great photo of your family. My thoughts are with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn't take many pics but I will share what I got.  Maybe some of Sharon's later. I don't remember all I posted so far so hopefully I will not repeat. 

First day...

Nice view of Flowrider. 

image.thumb.png.3215beaedde9d72efe10e01d37dbf7e6.png

image.thumb.png.c759c9c8ce49bf6e1db59b3f35f845a6.png

By the elevator....

image.thumb.png.768d166b899785a541cd9a53dbef6136.png

Pesky Parrot at 7:30pm the 1st day only had a couple people in it.  It filled up later in the cruise. 

image.thumb.png.a8fd704c7fee7abd2be8fbebeaaf8406.png

Love your pictures, John.  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

IMG-20241008-WA0016.jpg

This picture is a keeper!❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Take care

MJ👩🏻

Ditto here!  Hoping everyone who is supposed to evacuate can get out and prayers for those sheltering in place. My sister is near Orlando and as ready as possible. It looks so big and also so soon after the last one. All that debris from the last storm flying around is not going to be good. 

Dani, I thought about you many times yesterday. What a sad day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Day 2

We stopped at Nassau.   I posted earlier the work being done and Sharon's mooring pic.

Finally got my 1st ice cream. 

image.thumb.png.b037f3c83b30202ea2b5186f8e4d4ae3.png

We went into Giovanni’s.  It is a 2 level setup. 

image.thumb.png.3daddddd6954e0c6e1c23fe702c270ed.png

We took the next Pic to give an idea how high the chair lift up.  It's called ilevel.   Several approached me to say how they liked it.

image.thumb.png.f34b5e53a2369b40e1c12dec878015dd.png

• Like 30

Day 3 Cococay 

Mooring pics got better!

image.thumb.png.0fd18915429ca9f0604c0827a8a80618.png

image.thumb.png.c7f9da51b4bbd0bd8e769d91e77b3247.png

I was surprised to see this still exists. 

image.thumb.png.61187ae0dd5e55de54a8ef9124771e78.png

The main reason I got off the ship is to have one of these...

image.thumb.png.44cd224124b46cdb1292ff8e1a9fb0e3.png

Also like seeing the flowers. 

image.thumb.png.8181d11e6459062d03e93ab732c4ea47.png

image.thumb.png.eae7e31ef00b8461eada8cd6e0de4870.png

image.thumb.png.3c46c7206da1d4336e3043bb7b2dd32a.png

Nice to see Symphony join us..

image.thumb.png.2c3a6701c16d5e58888172a5ab19d8c9.png

And a Lighthouse pic 🤣

image.thumb.png.dad0408bfcdd7f419f87e6361aac40ae.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Just got my Covid booster shot, so I am ready for our December 1st MSc YC cruise , technically this is no longer hurricane season. 

My first cruise on Royal was on Freedom of the Seas in 2000.   It was November 1st.  A hurricane followed us for the majority of the cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I was at the skin cancer clinic at our city hospital today and after a thorough check I got the All Clear.

Prayers 🙏 for all who live in Florida that Hurricane Milton is not as strong as forecast but please stay safe.

Nice photo Dani @dani negreanu.

Good to hear that all went well at the cancer clinic today, Graham!

• Thanks 1

Got a weather alarm alert shrieking this morning from my phone at 8 am.  🙀  Basically it was a 36 hour advance notice that flood prone areas should take precautions.  Luckily we’re not in one.  Not low lying nor in a surge area.  So not too worried…. George put our neighbor’s battery for his generator on our charger.  Hope he’ll remember the favor if we do lose power!

Have plenty of food…and made the obligatory trip to the ABC store.  Not sure if it would be bad luck to make a Hurricane.  I got this recipe from John’s thread…never tried it before but we’re going to!!

image.png.a382e03e6f5528899f50c27a70afef8a.png

• Like 15

We thought Utopia was a nice ship.  There is a lot to enjoy.  Our friends that cruised with us for their 1st cruise loved it.  They said they should of cruised with us earlier. 

Taking 3 days to drive there was a BIG challenge. Cruising was a big challenge. The way things were going Sharon drove 17.5 hours back home so we didn't have to spend another night at a hotel. 

By the 3rd day of the cruise we decided not to cruise anymore 😕 Sharon talked to Crown and Anchor.  She explained that we have 139 points but can not cruise anymore.   They gave us a Utopia crystal!

We had to cancel the Bella cruise.   I was so excited to meet my friends here but now it hurts to think about it. 

Ken said that maybe some of y'all can get together and FaceTime us.  We would love that.  It will be hard to fight back tears so we might need to do it at least twice! 😆 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

So very sorry to hear your news John.  Charlie’s health woes have kept us from cruising and it looks like Atlantic City will be done with soon.  He has trouble walking among other things, so can sort of know how you feel.  Your wonderful wife and family are a great blessing❤️

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We thought Utopia was a nice ship.  There is a lot to enjoy.  Our friends that cruised with us for their 1st cruise loved it.  They said they should of cruised with us earlier. 

Taking 3 days to drive there was a BIG challenge. Cruising was a big challenge. The way things were going Sharon drove 17.5 hours back home so we didn't have to spend another night at a hotel. 

By the 3rd day of the cruise we decided not to cruise anymore 😕 Sharon talked to Crown and Anchor.  She explained that we have 139 points but can not cruise anymore.   They gave us a Utopia crystal!

We had to cancel the Bella cruise.   I was so excited to meet my friends here but now it hurts to think about it. 

Ken said that maybe some of y'all can get together and FaceTime us.  We would love that.  It will be hard to fight back tears so we might need to do it at least twice! 😆 

Oh John I am so sorry to hear you have made the decision not to cruise any more especially when you have always enjoyed it so much 💔.  We will all miss you and Sharon in Feb and will definitely need to FaceTime with you guys.

Will continue prayers for you and your family. 🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry that the trip was so challenging for you. Fortunately, you have good memories to fall back on not to mention all of us here on CC to keep company with as well as your family.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am disappointed to hear that John, but completely understand. You do whatever is best for YOU.
You and Sharon are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1