Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, George C said:

Ok anyone ever walk out on a concert ? I walked out on Procol Harem in Fillmore East, opening acts were great including the Byrds this was 1969 right after I finished basic training. Fairly recently we walked out on Diana Ross she kept audience waiting for about a hour then sounded terrible, this was a charity event in Dallas.

Left Billy Ocean at Labadee because it was a long drunk walk to the ship. Followed Michael Bayley. Left him hanging on a fist bump.🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy belated Birthday!  Sounds like you a very nice day🤩

50 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sounds like it was a great birthday. Hope you had an amazing day.

It WAS amazing.  Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy belated Birthday!  Sounds like you a very nice day🤩

Thank you.  Good food, good friends and family... fabulous combo.  I was a bit turned off eating green chicken, pesto. Just looks only.  Taste was delicious. 

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

I'm only a casual music fan.  I switch between Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind on Satellite Radio, when I'm not listening to sports talk.  Saw Springsteen and Genesis around 1980 in Buffalo.  I was a big fan of both back then.  Rosalita and Jungeland were probably my favorites from Bruce.  My only other concert experiences were Molly Hatchet in Albany and Huey Lewis and the News in Buffalo on the infield after a AAA baseball game.  The concert was free with game tickets (they were past their prime 😄).

My biggest concert "miss" was The Eagles.  We had tix to their Hell Freezes Over Tour in Cincinnati in the mid 90s with Melissa Etheridge opening.  They had to cancel because of voice problems for someone (maybe Don Henley?).  Would have loved that one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George C said:

Ok anyone ever walk out on a concert ? I walked out on Procol Harem in Fillmore East, opening acts were great including the Byrds this was 1969 right after I finished basic training. Fairly recently we walked out on Diana Ross she kept audience waiting for about a hour then sounded terrible, this was a charity event in Dallas.

Does walking out on a Musical theatre production count? Mrs. Dawg used to work in the entertainment industry and she would get tickets to almost every theatre production that was staged in Toronto. Most were great but a few of them, especially some of the musicals, were really horrible. 🤢 I snuck out of a few of those. Mrs. Dawg had to stay and endure them because it was 'business'.  I didn't totally abandon her. I knew where the nearest bar was, and we met up there afterwards. And I always had a 'double' waiting for her, she would need it!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm only a casual music fan.  I switch between Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind on Satellite Radio, when I'm not listening to sports

I am a big fan of The Coffee House. Great music for a folk rock lover from relatively unknown artists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have one of those also. He can do a lot of stuff, but we aren’t getting any younger. I’m still trying to convince him my way is better. Just hire someone. He’s slowly learning. 😁

I am one of those specimens, but almost fully reformed now.  I usually just hire someone, unless I think I will enjoy doing something (like home automation).  Every now and then, I slip into my old ways thinking that I can save a few bucks by doing it myself.  Such was the case yesterday with changing a leaking cartridge in a Moen kitchen faucet.  Should have been one of those fairly simple, hour or less jobs to do before selling the house. 

After about an hour of swearing and grunting, I finally got the old cartridge out and the new one installed.  Got the handle all reassembled and then...nothing.  No water flow at all, either hot or cold.  Took everything apart, ensured nothing plugging any of the valve ports, reassembled ensuring that I strictly followed the instructions (they were more of a guideline the first time since I've done this before) but still nothing.  I was constantly under the sinking turning the water off and on and of course screwed up once by pulling the cartridge out of the valve body with the water on.  Water shot straight up from the valve body about 6 inches.  At that point, about 2 hours in, I was done for the day. Whatever time that was, it was time to start happy hour.

So you'd think I'd have learned my lesson and will call a plumber, right?  Not quite.  A little research tells me that there's some sort of pressure balancer in the cartridge that could be blocking all water flow, and that the new cartridge is bad.  I'll spend $20 at Lowes on a new cartridge today and give it one more shot.  If that doesn't work, I'll break down and call a plumber.  Fortunately, we have 2 sinks in our kitchen.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am a big fan of The Coffee House. Great music for a folk rock lover from relatively unknown artists.

I will occasionally (rarely) switch to The Bridge or The Spectrum, or possibly 70s on 7/80s on 8.  That's usually because the Classic Rock stations starting playing the same songs over and over.  Not quite as bad as a pop station where the same songs get played every hour, but enough to make me change the station on a long car trip.

• Like 1

It has been just over 10 years since I have been to a concert.  The last one was Paul McCartney for the grand opening of Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.  He did a set of 39 songs without taking a break.  An outstanding concert.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I"m not JC but I'd say Mark Knoepler is one of the greatest guitar players that ever lived.  His singing is irrelevant. 

And he is one great producer.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

This music just gives me goosebumps. 

I am a big fan of "O Fortuna".  First got turned onto it when "Enigma" sampled it for his track "Gravity of Love." Yes it's been used a million times. I even used it in my Halloween light display that I programmed  for the kids at Halloween. Love that song. Still gives me goosebumps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I am one of those specimens, but almost fully reformed now.  I usually just hire someone, unless I think I will enjoy doing something (like home automation).  Every now and then, I slip into my old ways thinking that I can save a few bucks by doing it myself.  Such was the case yesterday with changing a leaking cartridge in a Moen kitchen faucet.  Should have been one of those fairly simple, hour or less jobs to do before selling the house. 

After about an hour of swearing and grunting, I finally got the old cartridge out and the new one installed.  Got the handle all reassembled and then...nothing.  No water flow at all, either hot or cold.  Took everything apart, ensured nothing plugging any of the valve ports, reassembled ensuring that I strictly followed the instructions (they were more of a guideline the first time since I've done this before) but still nothing.  I was constantly under the sinking turning the water off and on and of course screwed up once by pulling the cartridge out of the valve body with the water on.  Water shot straight up from the valve body about 6 inches.  At that point, about 2 hours in, I was done for the day. Whatever time that was, it was time to start happy hour.

So you'd think I'd have learned my lesson and will call a plumber, right?  Not quite.  A little research tells me that there's some sort of pressure balancer in the cartridge that could be blocking all water flow, and that the new cartridge is bad.  I'll spend $20 at Lowes on a new cartridge today and give it one more shot.  If that doesn't work, I'll break down and call a plumber.  Fortunately, we have 2 sinks in our kitchen.

I've done a Moen cartridge, guess I just got lucky. I've also done a couple of toilet valves. 

I've started making groups(rooms) for the Alexa devices. Hope to have automation working before we head back to beach.

Once at the beach I'm going to see what I can accomplish with our antique wiring

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

This sounds exactly like someone I’m married to.  I would’ve given up much sooner & headed directly to happy hour,  but patience is not one of my strong suits.  DH on the other hand seems to take things like this as some sort of challenge. Hope you get it worked out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've done a Moen cartridge, guess I just got lucky. I've also done a couple of toilet valves. 

I've started making groups(rooms) for the Alexa devices. Hope to have automation working before we head back to beach.

Once at the beach I'm going to see what I can accomplish with our antique wiring

I've done Moen cartridges before without a lot of trouble.  This time, the old one was deteriorated and stuck.  I don't have a cartridge puller and getting it out was a pain.  Should have been clear sailing after that but it looks like my new cartridge isn't working right (I hope).

I've got Alexa devices everywhere and have them grouped.  Same for Lutron switches and Sonos soundbars.  I also have a Nest thermostat linked to Alexa but I never change it.  In our Ohio house, I have Ring devices integrated (Alexa announces when there's motion...nice for the Door Dash driver) and a Chinese device called Meros that is a weather proof outdoor switch that I use to turn on/off string lights hanging over our patio.  My Onkyo receiver is also linked but I mostly just control it from the Onkyo app on my phone, which is great because the receiver drives my outdoor speakers.  I can change the receiver from a pool side chair.

I've been looking into Home Assistant as a way to better link everything together, and set up an old ipad as a touchscreen tablet on the wall.  Looks like a lot of work to set up and ongoing to keep working properly, so I haven't convinced myself that it's worth the effort.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Have seen Todd in various forms over the last 40+ years, and he can still sing pretty well, not that he was ever opera level, but he has kept his voice.  Last time we saw him was in a small venue in St Louis, and he covered of all people Loren Greene of Bonanza singing a hokey Cowboy song.  Truly one of the great minds in Rock n Roll.  His story about Daft Punk was one of the funniest I have ever heard. 

I knew nothing about him before the cruise but he was very entertaining and funny, we even booked a show in nyc to see him last year but that was canceled, he also joined a few other artists when they were playing.

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh you just reminded me. Saw Elvis at the Cow Palace, near San Francisco  in the very early 70’s. Def before 1973 which is when we moved to RI.  My Mom was a fanatic.  

He was so beautiful, I felt I could just look at him, he did not need to sing.

• Like 3