Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

my fav pic from today. no filter

Love seeing Elk. I talked to my brother yesterday who lives in Helena, Montana. He said a herd of about 100 Elk came down off the mountains to his property. What a beautiful sight he said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks great.  It is not just the pavers we have in common, we also have the same stairs, and liner too.  Great minds.  We never put a ladder at our stair edge, but one day we could.  

Did you use the large rocks dug from the pool, to make a line along the back edge of of the bush?

Some plastic furniture for this year could work well and can be extra chairs and table for next year.  

Yes, the large rocks were used as a retaining wall along the back.  Just woods behind us, but it makes for a nice sight line from our side as well.

Agree that plastic furniture could be used as extras in the future so not a terrible waste of $$.  Better than spending a lot on something we don’t love, just because it’s available. 

• Like 2

DH recently found one of his BFF from elementary school on FB.

The guy left Israel for Miami more than 40 years ago. He arrived more than 2 weeks ago, quarantined and today they finally met, in his rented apt. just on Tel Aviv's main beach.

It seems that he cannot live without seeing the sea 😁

That's from his balcony [and from US embassy in Tel Aviv 😉] --

_DSC3886.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s finally done.  Took longer than expected because of the rocky soil around here.   DH had to resort to pulling out the jackhammer for several of the post holes.  We chose white vinyl fence along the front edge, where the driveway is, for privacy.  Next up is fence around the mechanicals, landscaping & outdoor furniture.  We may end up with bargain basement stuff this year as shopping at the patio furniture stores has taught me that everything is on back order, due to pandemic mfg’ing delays 🤷🏻‍♀️.  Here are a few pictures of the process, from tree removal last June to now.  

51E6A55E-6DA4-4BA8-AF41-A0108EDE634A.jpeg

BC09037D-DEDE-4BA5-A14B-4FDC54F7095F.jpeg

9375CEBD-2B4C-48F1-BE91-35763B069681.jpeg

8B3E204A-A178-4ECA-8249-6F599DD36EB9.jpeg

Looks fabulous.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think the winds are supposed to improve after today. Monday & Tuesday are supposed to be warmer then cooling a bit again. Enjoy the rest of your stay. You are in a beautiful area! :classic_biggrin:

Indeed, supposed to calm down today according to forecast.  Heading up to Mendocino (one of our favorite little touristy towns) today which should be 8-13 mile an hour wind, sunny, and 65.  🙂 

Always a treat to visit the area.  🤗

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s finally done.  Took longer than expected because of the rocky soil around here.   DH had to resort to pulling out the jackhammer for several of the post holes.  We chose white vinyl fence along the front edge, where the driveway is, for privacy.  Next up is fence around the mechanicals, landscaping & outdoor furniture.  We may end up with bargain basement stuff this year as shopping at the patio furniture stores has taught me that everything is on back order, due to pandemic mfg’ing delays 🤷🏻‍♀️.  Here are a few pictures of the process, from tree removal last June to now.  

We removed our pool a couple of years ago. All the kids had moved out, Mrs. Dawg wasn't using is and she wanted a hot tub instead. Replaced it with a family sized hot tub. I was just so, so about the hot tub at first but I made sure we placed it so we could watch the TV in the back room from it. We have a bluetooth broadcasting unit hooked up to the TV so we can watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play all winter while soaking in the hot tub. I still miss the pool though. 

• Like 5

It has been 60°F cloudy and intermittent rain.

We have been to the English Lake District today 240 miles round trip.

We drove past Lake Ullswater and over Kirkstone Pass to Lake Windermere.

We had Lunch at the Laura Ashley Bellsfield hotel in Bowness then walked around Bowness for a couple of hours then drove to Keswick and had an hour there before driving home.

IMG_20210510_112243.jpg

IMG_20210510_121550.jpg

IMG_20210510_122425.jpg

IMG_20210510_123357.jpg

IMG_20210510_141548.jpg

IMG_20210510_142114.jpg

IMG_20210510_142137.jpg

IMG_20210510_161828.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Big pool!  Nice transformation pictures!  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What did you use for pavers? Is it natural rock?

20 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

We removed our pool a couple of years ago. All the kids had moved out, Mrs. Dawg wasn't using is and she wanted a hot tub instead. Replaced it with a family sized hot tub. I was just so, so about the hot tub at first but I made sure we placed it so we could watch the TV in the back room from it. We have a bluetooth broadcasting unit hooked up to the TV so we can watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play all winter while soaking in the hot tub. I still miss the pool though. 

When we built our pool in Ohio 20 years ago, we thought about including a hot tub but decided that it wouldn't be worth the extra $$.  Big mistake.  As our kids got older the pool got used less and less.  I would sometimes go an entire summer and only swim once or twice.  I would have used a hot tub several times a week.  I'm now trying to figure out how to squeeze a hot tub into our new Florida house backyard.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 3:10 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Interesting.  Never seen a pool filter that had actual filters.  The only ones I’ve seen have been the sand filters. 

When we first moved here we had a sand filter. Changed it to a cartridge filter. Hated cleaning it so we changed it to a DE filter. Really like the DE filter, but now we use a pool company and I'm sure he likes the DE filter. 😁

Our above ground pool is sitting linerless in the back.  The kids were going to replace the liner last year but everything was on back order.  I think I will tell them to forget it now as they are all back to work and I can’t handle taking care of the pool.  In the olden days I did it all myself including opening and closing but alas, old age is here!  We have a DE filter, which I loved.

Today started "routine" ....

DH met a long lost friend in the morning, and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee at the nearby mall -- kind of "tit for tat" 😁 

5PM. The danger of rockets "flying" started to rise in the region, and the friend called to cancel. She had polio in childhood, is walking with a roller and was afraid that at the mall she will miss the public shelter [should the need arise]....

And, indeed, rockets started flying.... and still are.

We just finished preparing for the night our shelter room, which was full of toys, old baby carriers and other grandkids' "paraphernalia"... Hoping no sirens will sound during the night -- I'm too old for this😢

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When we built our pool in Ohio 20 years ago, we thought about including a hot tub but decided that it wouldn't be worth the extra $$.  Big mistake.  As our kids got older the pool got used less and less.  I would sometimes go an entire summer and only swim once or twice.  I would have used a hot tub several times a week.  I'm now trying to figure out how to squeeze a hot tub into our new Florida house backyard.

We never built a pool , but when looking to buy a home told the real estate agent not to show us anyplace that didn’t have a pool , wife never cared for hot tubs which we had in our last two houses. I do have a hot tub on my balcony on my July cruise may use it (but didn’t on last cruise). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DH met a long lost friend in the morning, and in the afternoon I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee at the nearby mall -- kind of "tit for tat" 😁 

5PM. The danger of rockets "flying" started to rise in the region, and the friend called to cancel. She had polio in childhood, is walking with a roller and was afraid that at the mall she will miss the public shelter [should the need arise]....

We just finished preparing for the night our shelter room, which was full of toys, old baby carriers and other grandkids' "paraphernalia"... Hoping no sirens will sound during the night -- I'm too old for this😢

Praying for everyone. I hope you and family and friends stay safe.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH recently found one of his BFF from elementary school on FB.

The guy left Israel for Miami more than 40 years ago. He arrived more than 2 weeks ago, quarantined and today they finally met, in his rented apt. just on Tel Aviv's main beach.

It seems that he cannot live without seeing the sea 😁

That's from his balcony [and from US embassy in Tel Aviv 😉] --

_DSC3886.JPG

Wow I'm Jealous - I wish I had that view every day on a balcony!    Looks beautiful and how amazing that he connected with BFF from 40-yrs ago.    That is Wonderful 😍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh no, I hope you don't have to go to shelter room.    Stay safe and please keep us posted.    curious, do you have internet in a shelter room?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We lived in the 530F Grand St. bldg, other end of the D bldg. There were 3 triple core bldgs (shaped like an "E"} on Grand St. I don't think I knew an Estelle.

She was in the D building.My father was friends with Sidney Hillman.He (my father) had an office in the Kiss Building on Second Ave and 8th.St.

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry to hear this Dani.  I hope that nothing comes of this and that you stay safe.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1