Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I hope this post doesn't seem to be minimizing Dani's terrible situation.  You are in my prayers daily.

I had an incredible Saturday last weekend.  I got to scratch off a bucket list item I have dreamed of.  I got to fly an ultralight.  It was the most exhilarating thing I have done in a very long time.  A friend of mine's son got engaged on Saturday and he had a bit of an engagement party.  As it was wrapping up the groom to be was taken just a few minutes down the road to the local airport in Camarillo where he got to take a ride in an Ultralight at Skyrider Ultralights. The owner is a friend of a friend of the bride to be so it was all done at no charge.  A few us went along to watch and envy.  After it was over, while sitting around talking with the owner and his helper,  the owner offered to take me up for a flight, free of charge, as well. I jumped at the chance. Wow, what an experience. I thought I would just be riding beside the pilot but after we were airborne for a few minutes he asked me if I wanted to take the stick.  I just about peed myself but it was such a rush.

I'm sorry I don't have pics from up in the air but I had to empty all my pockets and could carry nothing with me.  If I had known I would have brought my go pro and strapped it to my chest.  These pics were taken on the ground by friends while I was flying.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dani...were you recording the iron dome videos that you posted?  I showed them to Micheline and she said, "Why aren't they in their safe place?"  She couldn't believe that someone was outside recording that.

No way. DS1 got it from somewhere and sent it to us...

The moment the siren was sounded [I was just on my phone with my cousin in Germany, who too was worried about us], I've fetched DH into the shelter room. He was not happy, leaving his phone somewhere and wanting it with him, but I had mine, and would you believe it... a small transistor, which DH has kept from his reserve army service.

For the 2nd siren, he was sure to have his phone with him 😉

7 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Dani

Glad you are so close to safety. And my heart aches for your son who doesn't have one.

Thanks for the videos of the drones. They were awesome. We are all here for you!

Sadly, that's the situation in many old buildings. They go to the stairs.... Public shelters are open, but not always close enough.

I was at least assured that DS2, who just moved 6 weeks ago from an old building too, to their new apartment, has a shelter room.... that's it, until DH mentioned that the young couple didn't like the shelter's door, and just removed it for esthetic purposes.... Go figure.

By law, it is not allowed, but nobody comes to check.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We only have one life to live...

That's what I told my wife.  She was horrified when she found out later.  I keep reassuring her that I'm worth more dead than alive.  That doesn't seem to help. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Dani you and all of Israel are constantly in our thoughts and prayers for an end to these horrific attacks. Jack has not heard from his sister in Modi'in today and worries.  I wonder if she lives near your son.  She's in the new Palace senior complex. Nobody should ever take peace for granted.  Stay safe and strong. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dani...were you recording the iron dome videos that you posted?  I showed them to Micheline and she said, "Why aren't they in their safe place?"  She couldn't believe that someone was outside recording that.

Probably "Nextdoor" or a local site. Hopefully they are in their shelter. And you can hear those awful sirens in the background. :classic_sad:

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sunday morning I was on a zoom call with friends living in Israel.Everything was peaceful . Now as you know it is crazy once again.I hope there will one day be peace in my lifetime.

Peace, that's what we all need right now, not just Israel.  The long pandemic has really affected everyone on the planet, anniolating not only families, but the human race...the stress and frustration of year long quarantine and all that has gone with it has frayed tempers and rational until there is nothing but dissention everywhere you look.  Sorry if I have been a part of that, forgive me, please, all of you.  God bless you Dani

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No way. DS1 got it from somewhere and sent it to us...

The moment the siren was sounded [I was just on my phone with my cousin in Germany, who too was worried about us], I've fetched DH into the shelter room. He was not happy, leaving his phone somewhere and wanting it with him, but I had mine, and would you believe it... a small transistor, which DH has kept from his reserve army service.

For the 2nd siren, he was sure to have his phone with him 😉

Sadly, that's the situation in many old buildings. They go to the stairs.... Public shelters are open, but not always close enough.

I was at least assured that DS2, who just moved 6 weeks ago from an old building too, to their new apartment, has a shelter room.... that's it, until DH mentioned that the young couple didn't like the shelter's door, and just removed it for esthetic purposes.... Go figure.

By law, it is not allowed, but nobody comes to check.

I was going to ask if everyone in your area had shelters , the national abc news this was one of there lead stories, can’t imagine this. Hopefully this will not last long , but the news story said Israel said this will not end soon. 

• Thanks 1

No matter how much I think that I have known about the Israeli struggles this thread had brought it home in a gut punching way. Prayers for you Dani and your family. Stay safe. People here have you in their thoughts.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack has not heard from his sister in Modi'in today and worries.  I wonder if she lives near your son.  She's in the new Palace senior complex.

There was only one siren in Modi'in at ~9PM. All OK. My son lives not far from the new Palace senior complex. Since he moved there, we're joking that we'll move to the Senior complex too...

One casualty from a direct hit in Rishon Le-Zion. A lady who preferred to watch from the garden....

It's 3AM here, we just got out from the shelter... I had to wake DH. I can't sleep anyway... 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani you and all of Israel are constantly in our thoughts and prayers for an end to these horrific attacks.
Nobody should ever take peace for granted.  

This 💯.   It makes our trivial complaints pale in comparison.  So many thoughts and prayers are with you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cannot imagine the anxiety...watching your videos looks unreal, almost like a video game, but by no means a game at all!

I wonder where odyssey ots went to?

We pray this ends soon...

In some ways it reminds me of fireworks gone wrong

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder where odyssey ots went to?

3.40AM

It's going to be a loooong and white night, might as well spend it here, instead of the shelter...

Odyssey just came for 2 days, in order to get supplies. She then went to Cyprus, because the taxes there are lower. It was reported that she'll be back periodically, for supplies.

Beginning of June, the 1st cruises are about to start.....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

3.40AM

It's going to be a loooong and white night, might as well spend it here, instead of the shelter...

Odyssey just came for 2 days, in order to get supplies. She then went to Cyprus, because the taxes there are lower. It was reported that she'll be back periodically, for supplies.

Beginning of June, the 1st cruises are about to start.....

When, if, she comes back grab your family and hop on.   Royal is always doing humaritian projects I'm sure they would be happy to have you.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

There was only one siren in Modi'in at ~9PM. All OK. My son lives not far from the new Palace senior complex. Since he moved there, we're joking that we'll move to the Senior complex too...

One casualty from a direct hit in Rishon Le-Zion. A lady who preferred to watch from the garden....

It's 3AM here, we just got out from the shelter... I had to wake DH. I can't sleep anyway... 

Thanks for the info and glad the All OK was sounded in Modi'in.  My sister in law loves living at the Palace complex.  

I heard there was one casualty in Holon.  Maybe the news got the towns mixed up. One casualty is one too many.

You mentioned you live in Hertzliya.  Such a beautiful town.  May it always remain so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Dani knows we all are thinking about her and her family even though most of us are pressing on with our lives. I'm sure she would have it no other way and you taking the time to take us all along on your trip is helping Dani and enjoys the diversion.  🍷

Aww...as usual you are so sweet.   As long as everyone does not mind...I will keep posting.  🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, George C said:

I was going to ask if everyone in your area had shelters , the national abc news this was one of there lead stories, can’t imagine this. Hopefully this will not last long , but the news story said Israel said this will not end soon. 

The law about the necessity to build a shelter for every building/house is relatively new -- ~20 years old.

I wish it to end NOW, but I understand that the country cannot accept being bombed whenever the other side decides to do it...

Nevertheless, the BIG difference between "us" and "them", something which is not stressed enough in the media reports, is that "we" give notice of 30 minutes when the air force will strike, and are bombing empty buildings, whereas "us" rush to safety with seconds in notice....

• Like 6

Just realized the page we were posting on...with the demons that are bombing poor Dani...was...

666.  👿

Go away demons.   We are all children of this earth.  Stop killing our brothers and sisters!!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The law about the necessity to build a shelter for every building/house is relatively new -- ~20 years old.

I wish it to end NOW, but I understand that the country cannot accept being bombed whenever the other side decides to do it...

Nevertheless, the BIG difference between "us" and "them", something which is not stressed enough in the media reports, is that "we" give notice of 30 minutes when the air force will strike, and are bombing empty buildings, whereas "us" rush to safety with seconds in notice....

EXACTLY

• Thanks 1