Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

DH and I are usually on a cruise now for my birthday and our anniversary,

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your 33 anniversary.

Beautiful itinerary and pictures. Absolutely love lighthouses 😁

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your 33 anniversary.

Beautiful itinerary and pictures. Absolutely love lighthouses 😁

Thanks Dani.  This was our first time going anywhere during this pandemic and we decided we would just drive the coast and see the lighthouses.  The parks aren't officially opened yet but were much busier than we expected.  Most open for Memorial Day weekend at the end of the month.  Hopefully, we will be in Alaska for our 34th next year.

Hope things are quieter for you tonight and you can get some sleep. Stay safe. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

how is the sun glare with kindle as I do majority of my reading outdoors, either on my patio or on the beach.

I just purchased the Kindle Paperwhite.  Love it. No glare at all.  Can read in the bright sunlight.  I have a Kindle Fire, but cannot read in the sun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who loves a good mystery book series.  Check out the Fern Michaels "Sisterhood Series".  You should start with the first book in the series to acquiant yourself with the characters.  Each book is a total story, not a continuation.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks Dani. 

Hopefully, we will be in Alaska for our 34th next year.

Hope things are quieter for you tonight and you can get some sleep. Stay safe. 🙂 

I'm with you -- Alaska is beautiful and special.

We were hoping for a quieter night, since from 9PM there was a lull all over the country.

Sadly, the lull lasted only 4 hours.

1PM -- Sirens in Tel Aviv -- DS1 rushing to the stairs. Check 😢

1.12 - Our turn.   Check 😢

1.23 - DS2. Our in laws don't have a shelter, so they're spending the night in DS2's new apartment. It was crowded with DDIL, DS2 + 2 grandkids.  Check 😢

Another sleepless night awaits us....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We were hoping for a quieter night, since from 9PM there was a lull all over the country.

1.23 - DS2. Our in laws don't have a shelter, so they're spending the night in DS2's new apartment. It was crowded with DDIL, DS2 + 2 grandkids.  Check 😢

Been following your story and am so sorry you are going through this.  Our prayers are with you. 

Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

Busy day today. Finished off a few annual spring jobs. Took a load of scrap to the scrap yard, power washed the winter sand debris out of the garage, and tilled my mother in-laws garden. LOL, that sounds like a euphemism.  

She’s ready to plant in a weeks time, but tomorrow I have to spread some manure on the row surface for her. I will also wash her garage. 

ED0773D3-99C1-44DC-A2F4-52938D70A2B7.thumb.jpeg.d9360e6abd0886ba99e0cada38009674.jpeg

BBQ Pork rib chops for dinner.  Well deserved,

if I say so myself. 

07F81576-B0AD-46BC-AD64-10D234FA0585.thumb.jpeg.183c02500b43da21ebf66ab2dd5d49f0.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My favorite is Michael Connelly. Also love  Lee Child, James Lee Burke, Nelson DeMille, Greg Iles & Grisham.

If you like these authors, give Harlan Coben a try.  I haven't read Burke, but will give him a try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, every one had a sleepless night, and during the day the shooting is mainly aimed at the south of the country. 6 deaths. If you take into account that more than 1000 missiles were fired, "Iron Dome" is doing an excellent job -- in the circumstances....

Reading is one of my favorite pastime. Being a small market, many many of the authors are not translated in Hebrew, and even in English many more do not "arrive". Susan is one of them. I've read the China Bayles and Robin Paige series.

I'll look into the Dahlia series. 

I used to read many second hand books, my DS1 was a flight attendant until 18 months ago, and I could order them to his hotel in New York or LA, for as little as 4$ a book.

He was confident that I'll be able to continue this "arrangement" even though he stopped working, by ordering in the name of his colleagues.

When Covid started and the flying stopped, he installed Kindle for me, and I'm a "new" woman 😁, being able to order whatever I want and quickly. A lot more expensive, 

Laura loves her Kindle, lots of 'free' stuff, but she rarely gets that kind. I'd guess they would have translated versions. 

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm with you -- Alaska is beautiful and special.

I feel so bad that you will spend another sleepless night. 

Stay safe. Still sending up prayers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I love my kindle.  Kindle Fire cannot be read in direct sunlight.  Kindle Paperwhite can.

I never buy kindle books.  I use my library app to download books for free on loan for 21 days.  New books are put on hold until available. I am now readying Sunny Hostin's Summer on the Bluffs. Takes place for the most part on Martha's Vineyard.  Easy read so far.

Going to make lemon pasta (Ina Garten's recipe) with chicken for dinner.

Dani, as always, hugs and prayers go you, your family and all of Israel for a final end to this ongoing horror.  Yes, Iron Dome is doing a wonderful job.

And.....you never rant.  You're sharing your feelings.  We're here for you!!!!

I go there fairly frequently during the non-winter seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Took about a week off from reading and posting on cc. DH and I are usually on a cruise now for my birthday and our anniversary, so since that isn’t possible right now, we took a road trip to Maine. Had gorgeous weather and a relaxing time. 

0BB1A050-51CF-43E7-BC32-5D1DEAE6193E.jpeg

0E977C41-C675-4E0F-8B1B-3666E319843A.jpeg

4F2CB724-5123-4052-A058-8269E19A95C1.jpeg

6F2EDD80-D9D0-4627-9CFB-AE694D19FB56.jpeg

83340CEC-A454-45EB-BDB7-7D15C6E4D75D.jpeg

I love lighthouses. I climb them whenever they are open.

• Like 2

Heading to the beach for the summer on Saturday. I have no idea what to pack. It's actually bittersweet. Looking forward to being at the beach, but will miss this place. Luckily I can run back for any events or to pick something up

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

If you like these authors, give Harlan Coben a try.  I haven't read Burke, but will give him a try.

Harlan Coben is one of my favorites.  I finish his books in a few short days.  However, I didn't care for his last book "Win".  I've also read all of Grisham, Baldacci, Robin Cook and Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series. James Patterson's Women Mystery Club series is read as soon as they come out.  The rest of his books are way too gory.....shudder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Harlan Coben is one of my favorites.  I finish his books in a few short days.  However, I didn't care for his last book "Win".  I've also read all of Grisham, Baldacci, Robin Cook and Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series. James Patterson's Women Mystery Club series is read as soon as they come out.  The rest of his books are way too gory.....shudder.

Stephanie Plum series — silly but laugh out loud fun!  Start with book one and you will be hooked.  Will take you through, at least, the whole summer.

• Like 2