Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Bleak.

DS1 and us had a siren-free night.

DS2 had one. DDIL was just in the shower when the siren sounded, she rushed out, went skittering along the floor, nothing broken.

2 other elderly people -- not so lucky, hit the head and died. Another one had a massive heart attack, again, while trying to reach shelter. The siren's sound is so very stressful....

We're glued to TV, since we can see immediately if an alarm is sounded.

In the picture taken just now from our TV, you can see on the right side, in orange, the list of places (12) under attack, and in the background the reporter who took refuge in the nearest shelter.

IMG_6124.thumb.jpg.75488e8f83679fae26870a1fc366baff.jpg

We are thinking of you and sending prayers and our very best wishes to you Dani.

Stay safe.🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We feel the same, but at least we’re starting to get out, do things and travel a bit. Baby steps I guess.

We also.   Been loving getting out there...finally after months and months on lockdown.  Enjoyed it here in northern California wrapping up our two week visit today.   Heading to the "night before our flight" hotel in Santa Rosa in a couple of hours, heading home tomorrow.  

Two weeks later...off again.  

Not cruising yet, but enjoying the alternatives we have set up now.  But we still refuse to travel internationally until end of 2022.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Continuing prayer for @dani negreanu and all of Israel. 

Back on another flight. This time I’m heading to Seattle. Except for the masks everything else seems just like pre pandemic travel. Packed flight and no social distancing anywhere. Im looking forward to when everything is as it was. 

B1590C82-1A5C-4EA9-99D9-6AB84143EE8F.jpeg

We are boarding for our flight back to Orlando tomorrow.  I fully expect to have to wear the masks in the airport and on the plane at all times (except when eating/drinking) as usual.  

We bought very comical masks...hey if you have to wear them...make it fun.  😉  We get a lot of laughs, comments, and stares of pax walking past us as they board.  😄 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thank you!  I know I will blog about the trip. Perhaps I will do a posting in the Greece forum on here since a couple of the stops are cruise ports.  Hopefully moderator will allow.

I do as well.  I like to know our options even if we end up saying let's just hang here on the beach all day 🙂

If nothing else, it keeps me organized in what's going on for the day. The Royal app is good for that as well. Here is shot of my planner.

PLANNING LIST.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

If nothing else, it keeps me organized in what's going on for the day. The Royal app is good for that as well. Here is shot of my planner.

PLANNING LIST.jpg

You are way more organized than we are , we wing most things

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

PLANNING LIST.jpg

Nice spread sheet, extremely organized.  

But, you are embarking at the port of Orlando on 10/13? 

Me I (hope) to be embarking at the port of Port Canaveral on 11/28/21.  😉 

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Should have mentioned this was 2019. Back when we could cruise with no worries.

I was just teasing you...my bad.  🥴    I always laugh when pax mention they are boarding the ship in Orlando.  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

I was just teasing you...my bad.  🥴    I always laugh when pax mention they are boarding the ship in Orlando.  😉 

I knew you were it's all good. I can't wait to get back to PC. I love sailing out of there. I need my "Shark Bites" fix at "Grills."

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I knew you were it's all good. I can't wait to get back to PC. I love sailing out of there. I need my "Shark Bites" fix at "Grills."

Hopefully, we'll be sailing away from PC on Sept. 12th..woohoo.  Here, people in most restaurants have been maskless for a month or so.  Mother's Day nobody had masks except the servers...everybody was having a blast there, Mexican Food.  MMMM.  So now we're all official.  Keep checking for RCCL's news but nothing much so far, hope they'll compose a new announcement soon so we can find out the particulars.  Here's today in the Ozarks: Oops sorry guess it is too big, but you can double click it on your PC

IMG_1200.HEIC

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

We’re at the Margaritaville Resort in Orlando, her until Sunday when we head to the Keys.  At check-in yesterday it was about 70% with/30% without masks.  Today the difference is noticeable. Far less people wearing them.  We’re both fully vaxed & ready to stop wearing them indoors unless required. (Never really wore them outside).  It just feels weird and I guess will take some getting used to.  I believe the Keys initially had a mask mandate until June, so we’ll see how it is Sunday. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re at the Margaritaville Resort in Orlando, her until Sunday when we head to the Keys.  At check-in yesterday it was about 70% with/30% without masks.  Today the difference is noticeable. Far less people wearing them.  We’re both fully vaxed & ready to stop wearing them indoors unless required. (Never really wore them outside).  It just feels weird and I guess will take some getting used to.  I believe the Keys initially had a mask mandate until June, so we’ll see how it is Sunday. 

Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 2:40 PM, Lionesss said:

So I am sure everyone knows how mothers day came to be.

Well I googled it and here in summation is it.

Year ago, when Pilgrims first settled in a new land, they met many new people,

some friendly, others not so.

They were independent people and wish to harm no one.

But they had to eat.

As winter was approaching and  on the horizon they had to hurry and stock up on their supplies to make it through the winter, since obtaining fish/seafood would be come to treacherous.

As they loaded up their "matchlocks"

They would hunt the woods in search of wild game, and shoot anything with 4 legs on ground and also birds of game.

They killed squirrels, raccoons, Opossum, geese, ducks and on and on and on.

But they would not kill deer.

Why?

Because deer mate in December and bear their young in the spring before May.

So to make a long story longer..................

All Doe had their fawn by early May, so the Pilgrims dedicated the second Sunday in May to Mothers  in tribute to new life.

♥️

♥️

♥️

♥️

♥️

♥️

♥️

♥️

♥️

Ok now for the meaning of gullible (One who is easily persuaded to belief something not true)

That was a good fib.

Mothers day was first celebrated in 1905 when Anna Jarvis wanted a way to honor her mother for all the sacrifices she made for her children.

To all who are mothers in any way, this is your day.

Thank you for what you have done and continue to do.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.

LOL for the story.  When I moved from a Protestant to Catholic country I was confused about Mother’s day.  I had always remembered Mothering Sunday as was the English name when (so I was told) the servants went home to their mothers (and mother church) taking a cake (possibly a Simnel cake). 

When I moved to Gibraltar, I learned that May is the month of Mary, and in those days most children brought flowers to the May altar.  Because Gibraltar is British we celebrate Mothers Day during Lent, but remember Mary in May.  We have adopted many US traditions (especially halloween) but Mother’s day is still the British version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We bought very comical masks...hey if you have to wear them...make it fun.  😉  We get a lot of laughs, comments, and stares of pax walking past us as they board.  😄 

You can't leave us hanging like that.  Pictures!!!

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Have a smashing vacay 😁 !!

Thank you Dani. It feels trivial in light of what you’re going thru.  As you see from the many, many comments here,  you are in the hearts, minds and prayers of those who joined this wonderful thread you started. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2