Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love lighthouses. I climb them whenever they are open.

Us too, maybe next time.  DH did go all the way out the jetty to the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse.  I went about half way out but turned back.  The rocks were spaced too far apart for the vertically challenged.😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

ALL of them are mine too, especially Connelly -- you can't go wrong with any of his books.

28 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I've been reading Allison Brennan's Lucy Kincaid series. She's in the FBI. They do need to be read in order to keep the story straight.

They are definitely NOT a cozy mystery. Lots of shooting and murders.

All great suggestions, I would add Sue Grafton’s Kinsey series and Robert Craig’ Elvis Cole series both about private detectives  - love them. 

Dani hope you are doing ok

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Us too, maybe next time.  DH did go all the way out the jetty to the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse.  I went about half way out but turned back.  The rocks were spaced too far apart for the vertically challenged.😄

I wondered if I would try that hike out to the lighthouse in your photo. That kind of answers it. Thanks. I am tall, but my legs and hips don't work as well as they used to. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I wondered if I would try that hike out to the lighthouse in your photo. That kind of answers it. Thanks. I am tall, but my legs and hips don't work as well as they used to. :classic_smile:

I did alright for a while but I was nervous I would slip, so I gave up.  If it was only my DH and I walking out there, I might have kept going, but there was a group of college kids going out, that lighthouse is on the campus of Southern Maine Community College.  They kept coming up close behind me and I felt rushed.  It was our sixth lighthouse of the day, so I just took a seat on the seawall for a few while he went out. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Harlan Coben is one of my favorites.  I finish his books in a few short days.  However, I didn't care for his last book "Win".  I've also read all of Grisham, Baldacci, Robin Cook and Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series. James Patterson's Women Mystery Club series is read as soon as they come out.  The rest of his books are way too gory.....shudder.

Currently reading Baldacci's Hells Corner, the 5th in the Camel Club series, just read the previous 4, loved them all.  Gotta agree Win was not a very good Harlan Coben book, enjoyed his Myron Bolitar novels more when Win was not featured, just a minor player.  Looking forward to the latest Jack Reacher novels and James Patterson's Deadly Cross, featuring Alex Cross.  Been doing a lot of pandemic reading. 

Edited by mugtech
No reason
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Currently reading Baldacci's Hells Corner, the 5th in the Camel Club series, just read the previous 4, loved them all.  Gotta agree Win was not a very good Harlan Coben book, enjoyed his Myron Bolitar novels more when Win was not featured, just a minor player.  Looking forward to the latest Jack Reacher novels and James Patterson's Deadly Cross, featuring Alex Cross.  Been doing a lot of pandemic reading. 

I forgot, I also like Patterson's Michael Bennett series. The one I'm going to read after I finish the Hostin book, takes place at the time of Bennett's wedding.  If they even have one beheading I will quit and look for something lighter. I agree with the Myron Bolitar character in Coben's books.  Very pleasant.

I've been looking at old movies on You Tube.  I saw My Cousin Vinny and Moonstruck again for the bajillionth time and till enjoyed them.  I would rather see a movie again I love than sit through a mediocre new movie I don't.  I have a copy of "Dirty Dancing" which I play every so often. I used to visit the Catskill's often and got to know staff and went to their parties.  I sort of lived the dirty dancing life! shhhhhhh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

All great suggestions, I would add Sue Grafton’s Kinsey series and Robert Craig’ Elvis Cole series both about private detectives  - love them. 

Dani hope you are doing ok

Agree on all.  
I know people love James Patterson but I just can’t get into his books.  I think it’s because a chapter is only a page or two; interrupts the flow for me. I like a book I can really get pulled into.  A few more: Patricia Cornwell’s Scarpetta series, Scott Turow’s Kindle County series and

Jonathan Kellerman’s Alex Delaware series.  Also just started Steve Martini’s Paul Madriani series - interesting so far.

Oh, can’t forget Diana Gabaldon Outlander series. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

And for those Michael Connelly/Harry Bosch lovers, the tv series “Bosch” on Amazon Prime is pretty darn good.  The actor who plays him isn’t how I pictured Harry but he does a great job with the role. 

Me either!!  I was so disappointed and have had a hard time connecting with the TV series because of it.  Not my image of Harry at all. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Stephanie Plum series — silly but laugh out loud fun!  Start with book one and you will be hooked.  Will take you through, at least, the whole summer.

I love them too, great characters.  The first dozen or so are the best, easy lighthearted reading 

9 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Took about a week off from reading and posting on cc. DH and I are usually on a cruise now for my birthday and our anniversary, so since that isn’t possible right now, we took a road trip to Maine. Had gorgeous weather and a relaxing time. 

0BB1A050-51CF-43E7-BC32-5D1DEAE6193E.jpeg

0E977C41-C675-4E0F-8B1B-3666E319843A.jpeg

4F2CB724-5123-4052-A058-8269E19A95C1.jpeg

6F2EDD80-D9D0-4627-9CFB-AE694D19FB56.jpeg

83340CEC-A454-45EB-BDB7-7D15C6E4D75D.jpeg

Nice photos and belated happy birthday wishes 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

I love them too, great characters.  The first dozen or so are the best, easy lighthearted reading 

8 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Stephanie Plum series — silly but laugh out loud fun!  Start with book one and you will be hooked.  Will take you through, at least, the whole summer.

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Harlan Coben is one of my favorites.  I finish his books in a few short days.  However, I didn't care for his last book "Win".  I've also read all of Grisham, Baldacci, Robin Cook and Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series. James Patterson's Women Mystery Club series is read as soon as they come out.  The rest of his books are way too gory.....shudder.

+ Grisham, Baldacci & James Patterson's Women Mystery Club series. I'll have a look at Robin Cook.

S Plum series.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

If you like these authors, give Harlan Coben a try.  I haven't read Burke, but will give him a try.

He is excellent, but you'll need a "special mood" to read them, since they're quite sad and melancholic...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

+1. So sad that Sue Grafton passed away.

8 hours ago, mugtech said:

Currently reading Baldacci'

enjoyed his Myron Bolitar novels more when Win was not featured, just a minor player.  Looking forward to the latest Jack Reacher novels 

+1

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I I agree with the Myron Bolitar character in Coben's books.  Very pleasant.

+1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I know people love James Patterson but I just can’t get into his books.  

+1

A few more: Patricia Cornwell’s Scarpetta series,

+1, until she started to "decline"...

Jonathan Kellerman’s Alex Delaware series.  

+1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Me either!!  I was so disappointed and have had a hard time connecting with the TV series because of it.  Not my image of Harry at all. 😁

Kinda like the Jack Reacher movies in which Jack is a foot too short and a couple pounds too light.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Morning Dani.

I hope you are all well this morning after last night's ordeal.

It is 52°F here.

We called at McDonald's for breakfast muffins and coffee and are sitting in our regular spot in the local beach car park.

There is a sea fret so we are going home.

Take care and stay safe and hopefully a solution might be found to quell the latest confrontations.

Graham.

16209020575137027535769530345430.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

There is a sea fret so we are going home.

sea fret -- learned a new word 😁

Eerie silence around here... only a very limited number of cars on the roads, no people on the streets...

We have kinda "ancient agricultural festival" Sunday&Monday, the tradition for me is to bake a cheese cake, and people usually eat diary products.

Bought all the special ingredients, not sure I'll go ahead and bake it, since, for now, we can't host the family.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 4

Sea Fret or sea mist from the North Sea  is fairly common on the North East coast of England.

We have drove 10 miles north to South Shields beach and the sun is doing its best to get through the clouds.

The council workmen are busy preparing the beach for the summer.

It's probably best for your roads to be quiet until the situation settles down.

Hopefully your agricultural festival can go ahead Sunday/ Monday and you are able to bake for and host your family.

Best wishes always from Graham & Pauline x.

IMG_20210513_123438.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1