Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you Dani. It feels trivial in light of what you’re going thru.  As you see from the many, many comments here,  you are in the hearts, minds and prayers of those who joined this wonderful thread you started. 

+1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you Dani. It feels trivial in light of what you’re going thru.  As you see from the many, many comments here,  you are in the hearts, minds and prayers of those who joined this wonderful thread you started. 

+2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

+4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are hopefully on the Sept 19 cruise right after you (Allure).

I was looking at the M&M boards just a little while ago,...I'll certainly post after we return and maybe see you in the checkin line when we are going out!  I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Sue.

Just read your post on Bella's thread about your bro.

So -- was he sick with Covid in February, or he had a bad cold and just somehow he's having an elevated level of Covid antibodies???

My brother as well as my DH were deadly sick last February.

Could not breathe, wheezy, SOB, slept non stop when they were having dry unproductive cough.  Low grade temp for one week.Thought is was a bad cold, and they never felt better for over a month.

Back then, no one thought of a world Pandemic, till Friday the 13 of March.

So being the stubborn anti everything, (but we wont go there).  He is an antivaccer among anti other social norms. But if it begins with B and ends in R  and two e's are inbetween than that's his medicine.

Loves his beer and beer buddies.

So his doctor encouraged him to get the test and go from there.

BAM,  of all people to be positive for antibodies it is him.

(Don't take me wrong, but this just put him higher on the "know it all scale")

We wont go there.

So he has significant amounts of antibodies and told him if the need he can donate Plasma to help someone in critical condition. 

Back in February there was no test, and who would have thought it anyway.

Stay safe DANI

• Thanks 1

I had the best day ever today!

We are still in a lockdown here so we can't go into most stores. So I ordered some yard supplies from our local Canadian Tire store which is a combo auto/hardware/general merch store. Curbside pickup involves driving to the store, using the app to tell them you are there, and what parking spot you are in, and then they bring you order to the car and put it in the back.  No contact. No checking if the order is right, just drop and go.

So, when I got home they got most of the order right. They missed the $1.92 auto air freshener clip.  😭  BUT they messed up and included two little tubs of Play-Doh and, count them, three Hot Wheels cars!!! Not just any hot Wheels cars mind you, a Shelby GT500 Mustang, a '69 Charger 500, and a '70 Chevelle SS!!! The Play-Doh is going to my granddaughter, but the Hot Wheels are mine! 

Yes, I know some poor mom or dad in town had bought those things to bribe their locked-down kids and ended up with a Febreze car clip instead but I just don't care. These three cars are going up in my office right beside all my goalie masks that I never threw out. For some reason, Mrs. Dawg won't let me display them in the curio cabinet along side her Royal Doulton's and Waterford Crystal's. 😉

(Yes, I called the store already and they said just to keep the stuff)

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re at the Margaritaville Resort in Orlando, her until Sunday when we head to the Keys.  At check-in yesterday it was about 70% with/30% without masks.  Today the difference is noticeable. Far less people wearing them.  We’re both fully vaxed & ready to stop wearing them indoors unless required. (Never really wore them outside).  It just feels weird and I guess will take some getting used to.  I believe the Keys initially had a mask mandate until June, so we’ll see how it is Sunday. 

RI is finished with masks mandates indoors and out beginning this coming Monday or Tuesday. Businesses can go back to 100% occupancy beginning on May 21.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

So, when I got home they got most of the order right. They missed the $1.92 auto air freshener clip.  😭  BUT they messed up and included two little tubs of Play-Doh and, count them, three Hot Wheels cars!!! Not just any hot Wheels cars mind you, a Shelby GT500 Mustang, a '69 Charger 500, and a '70 Chevelle SS!!! The Play-Doh is going to my granddaughter, but the Hot Wheels are mine!

You definitely got the better part of the deal. 😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

RI is finished with masks mandates indoors and out beginning this coming Monday or Tuesday. Businesses can go back to 100% occupancy beginning on May 21.

Thanks. I guess businesses can still require them?  Maybe I’ll be used to it by the time we get back Memorial Day weekend. 

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks. I guess businesses can still require them?  Maybe I’ll be used to it by the time we get back Memorial Day weekend. 

Yes, businesses have the right to require masks. I should have also said that this only applies to fully vaccinated people. Of course, vaccinated and non-vaccinated people look exactly alike.🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

So, last year at this time it was about 20 degrees warmer, and we took the boat to the Pizza Hut at Shell Knob, and since the wife is allergic to wheat we had chicken wings.  Tonight we took friends on a much cooler trip, had a pizza and wings.  When I walked up the path to the restaurant to take my takeaway, last year... no inside seating, pick up only. Tonight it was packed wall to wall. 

Life is about living... not fearing.  It took a long time to come back because it was pretty cool, so we got back in the dark, with a storm cloud hanging to the west. (Where our weather comes from).  Good times.  

JC

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Add me to the list. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

@dani negreanuI just finished reading the last 11 pages. When I heard the news the other day my thoughts immediately went to you. So glad you and your family are safe, but sorry you are having to go thru this. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like. So horrible, if people would just leave others alone and give up the fighting the world would be a much better place for us all. Hope Israel is able to protect themselves. Take care and stay safe. Also keep posting, ranting, venting, etc whatever you need to do to get thru this. Not that I thought you were ranting or venting, but I’m sure I would be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, businesses have the right to require masks. I should have also said that this only applies to fully vaccinated people. Of course, vaccinated and non-vaccinated people look exactly alike.🤔

Here in bucks county, pa I stopped at a couple stores yesterday and everyone was still requiring masks.  One small shop didnt even know that cdc said no masks for vaccinated people.

Salon is taking a survey and as of last night she said at least 50% of their customers said they are not ready for no mask yet.  

The owner said she has to make sure her customers feel safe so for now she will continue with everyone to wear.  

I'll go to shoprite later today and see what they do.  I just want to walk in a store with no mask and feel "normal" again.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in bucks county, pa I stopped at a couple stores yesterday and everyone was still requiring masks.  One small shop didnt even know that cdc said no masks for vaccinated people.

Salon is taking a survey and as of last night she said at least 50% of their customers said they are not ready for no mask yet.  

The owner said she has to make sure her customers feel safe so for now she will continue with everyone to wear.  

I'll go to shoprite later today and see what they do.  I just want to walk in a store with no mask and feel "normal" again.

NJ governor said yesterday that masks and the 9 yards still required for some more time. Not complaining (although I am not his fan). I have no problem wearing a mask. I have adapted to this "new normal".

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

NJ governor said yesterday that masks and the 9 yards still required for some more time. Not complaining (although I am not his fan). I have no problem wearing a mask. I have adapted to this "new normal".

Yes, unfortunately I am used to wearing mine for extended periods of time, work, etc.  I'm to the point I forget I have it on when I start driving down the road.  And I do have to make sure I dont transmit anything to Eric as the verdict is still out on whether or not he has antibodies since he takes anti rejection meds.

• Like 2