Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So in January, I started doing low carb meals to loose the pesky quarantine 15.   Have actually discovered several very good recipes to keep it going. 

Have consistently seen the scale move south, every week and the 15 has now turned in to 23 pounds down.  

Tonight’s meal prep. 

Shrimp

B79AC3A5-A980-4C9B-9BBB-6E2D646C912A.thumb.jpeg.0edb07019894df3dd5dc6258b19a80a5.jpeg

Spiral zucchini with butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese. 

2F85C975-E0D5-4F79-BF7E-C4EB60DE85CF.thumb.jpeg.aae82fef8e582dca1e254571ce436c61.jpeg

The final presentation. 

359E2252-3DFA-44D5-A45C-F3CD092E0FE7.thumb.jpeg.e49575a89f06e14d43e0bb48a7161e93.jpeg

And there are even a couple pieces left from the spiralizer to play with. 😁

36AEACDE-FCBC-4CBC-A666-0A45488FAD18.thumb.jpeg.982e0adae105818d1c6a5c8db47a1fd2.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

So in January, I started doing low carb meals to loose the pesky quarantine 15.   Have actually discovered several very good recipes to keep it going. 

Have consistently seen the scale move south, every week and the 15 has now turned in to 23 pounds down.  

Tonight’s meal prep. 

Shrimp

B79AC3A5-A980-4C9B-9BBB-6E2D646C912A.thumb.jpeg.0edb07019894df3dd5dc6258b19a80a5.jpeg

2F85C975-E0D5-4F79-BF7E-C4EB60DE85CF.thumb.jpeg.aae82fef8e582dca1e254571ce436c61.jpeg

The final presentation. 

359E2252-3DFA-44D5-A45C-F3CD092E0FE7.thumb.jpeg.e49575a89f06e14d43e0bb48a7161e93.jpeg

36AEACDE-FCBC-4CBC-A666-0A45488FAD18.thumb.jpeg.982e0adae105818d1c6a5c8db47a1fd2.jpeg

I also am low carb and those look amazing.  Definitely dishes I would eat.

I also weigh less now than pre-Covid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Definitely a big selling point.

Bobmac....You should have NO problem! DW and I have been saying that our place - with only 1 neighbor (separated by a large forsythia hedge) - otherwise the 1+ acre property is surrounded by farm fields out in the country - plus sunroom, pool...could possibly sell in a few days. People, as you say, have been looking for some of the types of features you mention. In normal times, though, I've always heard that a pool can be a deterrent. People either really want it or they don't want it at all. It has been a seller's market for sure. Were I ready to sell, it'd be cool to just watch the offers come in - although certainly no guarantees. Our place probably doesn't have some of what people might be looking for inside. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wished we had more shade around our pool area.

I wish I had less. We have a huge norway maple that's really too close to the pool at this point, and then our neighbor has an even larger tree (not sure what kind - poor quality tree though) that, if it ever comes down in a storm and falls in my direction, it'll take out the pool or certainly do severe damage. I enjoy my full moon swims if the weather's warm enough, and both the trees I mentioned (plus a few others) just block the  moonlight, along with, of course, blocking some sun also. We get enough cloudy days as a result of global warming - don't need more shade on the pool. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in bucks county, pa I stopped at a couple stores yesterday and everyone was still requiring masks.  One small shop didnt even know that cdc said no masks for vaccinated people.

Salon is taking a survey and as of last night she said at least 50% of their customers said they are not ready for no mask yet.  

The owner said she has to make sure her customers feel safe so for now she will continue with everyone to wear.  

I'll go to shoprite later today and see what they do.  I just want to walk in a store with no mask and feel "normal" again.

It seems the mask issue is a no win situation. Tell people to wear one and they complain. Tell them they don't have to wear one and they complain. People who want to wear a mask most certainly can. No one else cares. The problem is those folks want to dictate what everyone else does. The pro mask folks worshipped the CDC until the CDC said something that they didn't like. Now they think the CDC dosn't know what it is talking about.

I don't really care to wear a mask any longer. I have taken steps to protect myself. Anyone who doesn't want to be near a maskless person can keep their distance from me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

NJ governor said yesterday that masks and the 9 yards still required for some more time. Not complaining (although I am not his fan). I have no problem wearing a mask. I have adapted to this "new normal".

I, personally, detest the term "new normal". It is a prolonged abnormal that we have been living.  There is nothing "normal" about it. Social distancing is another gimicky cutesy term I can't stand. Distancing from other people used to be termed "anti social."

• Like 12

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is what we hope will bring in more money than we initially anticipated.  People apparently really want this in a house right now.

That's beautiful! We (or I) would love to see some of the house photos after they are taken, or after it is sold. :classic_biggrin: They are probably just as gorgeous as your backyard. I love looking at Zillow, just to see what other people did with their interiors. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

In normal times, though, I've always heard that a pool can be a deterrent.

Our real estate agent said in normal times that 25% of buyers want a pool, 25% do not want a pool, and 50% could go either way.  Currently, 75% want a pool.  I've also heard that there is a 1 year+ wait to build a new pool.  I'd guess that all varies depending on where you live.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It seems the mask issue is a no win situation. Tell people to wear one and they complain. Tell them they don't have to wear one and they complain. People who want to wear a mask most certainly can. No one else cares. The problem is those folks want to dictate what everyone else does. The pro mask folks worshipped the CDC until the CDC said something that they didn't like. Now they think the CDC dosn't know what it is talking about.

I don't really care to wear a mask any longer. I have taken steps to protect myself. Anyone who doesn't want to be near a maskless person can keep their distance from me.

Exactly how I feel.  Now if only stores around me would stop forcing us to wear masks when there is no mask mandate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Tonight’s meal prep. 

Shrimp

The final presentation. 

Great job on your diet.  I love spiral zucchini and shrimp.  I'll havent made in awhile.  Thank you for reminding me to make that sometime soon.

• Like 1

Back on the flight home. Another packed airport and a packed flight. Interestingly, almost everyone in the seats around me on this flight kept there masks off for the bulk of the flight.  Either nursing drinks or falling a sleep with the mask dangling from the ear.  No flight attendant has attempted to correct this so far. 

I stayed at a Red Lion and while the staff had masks and a plexiglass screen at the desk I didn’t see anyone wearing masks at the hotel. Also, there wasn’t the usual signs on the window advising of the requirement to wear a mask. 

correction: the flight attendant just woke the fellow up next to me and asked home to put his mask back on. 

FFE9855D-0C87-4AFD-B87E-0E6AB3EDF16C.thumb.jpeg.ac78d8d923199efb51dac042fc9cbc37.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Tree_skier said:

Back on the flight home. Another packed airport and a packed flight. Interestingly, almost everyone in the seats around me on this flight kept there masks off for the bulk of the flight.  Either nursing drinks or falling a sleep with the mask dangling from the ear.  No flight attendant has attempted to correct this so far. 

I stayed at a Red Lion and while the staff had masks and a plexiglass screen at the desk I didn’t see anyone wearing masks at the hotel. Also, there wasn’t the usual signs on the window advising of the requirement to wear a mask. 

correction: the flight attendant just woke the fellow up next to me and asked home to put his mask back on. 

FFE9855D-0C87-4AFD-B87E-0E6AB3EDF16C.thumb.jpeg.ac78d8d923199efb51dac042fc9cbc37.jpeg

The plane is not flying inverted. For some reason this is how it uploaded and I don’t know how to fix it. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Hi, here are some new photos of the Tappan Zee Bridge (from Piermont, New York). Turquoise tonight. I looked it up and it is apparently for lung health / lung cancer. We ate dinner in one of the restaurants in that area as we have been doing since allowed (June 2020). Best to all.

20210515_211727.jpg

20210515_211329.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Tonight's dinner...creamed herbed chicken over pasta and lima beans. Except no cream. Everything creamt in this house is made with skim milk.

What is everyone else having?

Dani - any updates? Stay safe.

20210515_192939.jpg

Lima beans are to me as raisins are to @A&L_Ont

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

That is some talented pilot and you are even more talented by staying in your seat. Jk 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Hi, here are some new photos of the Tappan Zee Bridge (from Piermont, New York). Turquoise tonight. I looked it up and it is apparently for lung health / lung cancer. We ate dinner in one of the restaurants in that area as we have been doing since allowed (June 2020). Best to all.

20210515_211727.jpg

20210515_211329.jpg

Looks beautiful at night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In the beginning I wanted people to wear mask, social distance, hand washing, etc in order to help keep the virus from spreading. Now that the vaccines have been out for a while I’m ready to get back to as normal as possible. We adhered to the rules as much as possible and I feel we did as much as we could to help. Now that we are vaccinated and others have had the time to also get vaccinated if they want it is time to move forward.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

20210515_211727.jpg

20210515_211329.jpg

Beautiful.  We lived approx. 10 mins from the TZ bridge.  I just found out a few years ago that a new bridge was built.  I loved how the old one seemed to dip very close to the water.  We also loved meandering thru Piermont and Nyack.  Loved the Nyack Street Fair.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

In the beginning I wanted people to wear mask, social distance, hand washing, etc in order to help keep the virus from spreading. Now that the vaccines have been out for a while I’m ready to get back to as normal as possible. We adhered to the rules as much as possible and I feel we did as much as we could to help. Now that we are vaccinated and others have had the time to also get vaccinated if they want it is time to move forward.

^5

• Like 1