Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you.  Is it wrong to love a holiday because of the cheesecake??? For those not in the know, dairy products are eaten on this holiday, cheesecake being on top of the list.  Yum.

Courtesy of My Jewish Learning. Cheesecake is a very popular Shavuot item.

My wife made a cheesecake that looks just like that,with a Graham cracker crust.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, have noriced that you hadn't been around here. I have always enjoyed our interactions. I am truly sorry to read your story today. I would never ask for more information than you want to share as I am also one who rather values privacy and I don't post my life on the internet. I'm sure you have all the expert help you need but if you ever need an extra set of thoughts on the issues, I do know a thing or two about medicine.

Prayers coming your way....

Thank you. Just knowing that you'd make yourself available to give advice is a comfort as I truly value and respect your knowledge.  I now know more about anoxic brain injuries than I care to. Perhaps one of these days when I'm ready to travel, we'll run into each other at the Foxwoods buffet or Pepe's pizza at Mohegan Sun and can discuss.

But in the mean time, I checked out the baseball standings for the first time this season. Red Sox in 1st place??? After the pre-season predictions had them dead last. The world has truly been turned upside down.

• Like 4

Beautiful spring day here. Had a picnic lunch and a lovely drive around Minneapolis & St. Paul. Hard to believe it's been almost a year since those horrible riots. Parts of Lake Street are still boarded up but we see progress. 

Those ribs looked fabulous. They might be on the menu next weekend.

Our dinner tonight...fish sandwiches and extra vrispy tater tots. Yum.

20210516_195043.jpg

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Added image
  • Like 2

Today is the next stage in our roadmap back to normalcy.

Indoor eating is now open as are cinemas, museums etc.   Also a very few destinations allowed for holidays 

Next and last stage is 21st June if all goes well 🤞

Going to Biggin Hill aerodrome to see and sit in a Spitfire today with lunch out. It was a birthday present for hubby last May but this is the first chance to use it. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great day celebrating my Birthday today with this. Seeing my one and only son Jonathan graduate from University of Kansas. Best gift ever.

Indeed it is -- your heart is swelling with pride 💐

Congratulations to Jonathan and Happy Birthday to you! Hopefully, you'll get Jonathan "addicted".

What did he major in?

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I now know more about anoxic brain injuries than I care to.

Speaking from my "experience" now -- I find it very helpful to be active and post right now. It's a blessed diversion from the grim reality. It helps to talk, it helps to share.

Keeping it "inside" draws too much energy, energy you need to "keep your head above the water".

It's a matter of "wait and see", hoping for a miracle. Sadly, nothing you can do about it.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did our windows last week.  When I was done, or thought I was done I realized I missed 3 windows in one of the spare bedrooms.  Still havent got back to it yet.  

Do you have the tilt windows for your double hungs?  I love ours makes it so easy to do both sides from the inside.

Yes, they tip inside the house.  Makes the world of difference. 

LOL, the spare bedrooms can wait. 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your Mom has a beautiful home and she is very fortunate to have a great Son to help her with all of this

Thank-you.  I’m not sure my mom realizes how good she has it, as I have always been this way.🤷‍♂️

I also have a generator going in at my mother in-laws on Thursday as well. It helps them when power goes out but it also means I don’t have to go over in the middle of the night to start their current smaller units. 

• Like 4

The generator is the best thing we ever did.

When we were leaving for the weekend of our daughters graduation with her undergrad, low and behold our area was hit with a power failure.  We called and were told power would be out for 6-10 hours.

Now we had to leave and were worried about our 4 aquariums to be safe.

We were not worried about security with alarm system and nosy neighbors and where we live.

When we came home we installed the whole house generac generator. At that time they were offering a 5 year warranty for free.  We bought the service contract and they come every year to check it out.

It does it's weekly run for 5 min on Saturday.

It is directly piped into the gas line.

It has been used and paid for itself by us avoiding no power.

Best move we ever made.

Especially when we had a summer power failure and the air conditioner kept us cool.

Stay healthy  

• Like 6

Dropping off the new edition at the “car spa” today. I should get it back in a week or two as there are some things to undo by the previous owner, and adapt to how I like it. Photos to follow. 

• Like 3

On 5/15/2021 at 2:31 PM, bobmacliberty said:

If we get lucky, we'll have sunny days for the showings, the daylilies above the waterfall will bloom, the waterfall will be flowing, and we'll have island music on the outdoor speakers.

I predict a bidding war of prices offered over what you are asking...selling your home in a day or two!  🙂  Beautiful place!!  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Our real estate agent said in normal times that 25% of buyers want a pool, 25% do not want a pool, and 50% could go either way.  Currently, 75% want a pool.  I've also heard that there is a 1 year+ wait to build a new pool.  I'd guess that all varies depending on where you live.

The pool is a huge help for the Covid era of "Staycations" .  😉   

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 8:21 PM, Tree_skier said:

Back on the flight home. Another packed airport and a packed flight. Interestingly, almost everyone in the seats around me on this flight kept there masks off for the bulk of the flight.  Either nursing drinks or falling a sleep with the mask dangling from the ear.  No flight attendant has attempted to correct this so far. 

I stayed at a Red Lion and while the staff had masks and a plexiglass screen at the desk I didn’t see anyone wearing masks at the hotel. Also, there wasn’t the usual signs on the window advising of the requirement to wear a mask. 

correction: the flight attendant just woke the fellow up next to me and asked home to put his mask back on. 

FFE9855D-0C87-4AFD-B87E-0E6AB3EDF16C.thumb.jpeg.ac78d8d923199efb51dac042fc9cbc37.jpeg

That whole deal must have made you flip!!  😄 

BTW...masks mandate enforced on our flights on Saturday.  

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 8:30 AM, John&LaLa said:

Mariner in 2008 was what sold us on Royal👍

Me too.  Mariner was also our first RCI cruise.  🙂  June 2005.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was surprised that even though Costco was very busy, with tons of people, I counted only 6 in the store not wearing masks.  Jack and I were all set to go mask less but felt it was only right to join the majority wearing them.  We detected no signage entering but you know Costco.  Entrance very busy with lots of displays.  I really am getting hopeful that before we know it, things will be back to normal.  Gotta have hope!

We were at improv comedy club last night a few people had there masks on for the entire couple hour show, I was happy that they separated the tables so you were not on top of others. We been raining for last couple of days my pool is almost filled to the brim will get my pump out to remove a few inches later. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

What did he major in?

He majored in Film with a minor in Business, unfortunately he has my artistic genes. He loves screenwriting and producing. He is very creative but he really doesn't know what he wants to do. I told him you are young it's ok to change your mind. After all I have a degree in music and ended up in broadcast television. Thank you for your kind comments. I hope you and your family are safe and I will continue to hold you in my heart.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 8:04 AM, A&L_Ont said:

We’ve already shuffled around summer cars this morning. 

We’re just about to start cleaning  the windows. Anyone need a break from cruise critic and wanna come and help?

Will you PM let me?

• Haha 1

My wife made Homemade KeyLime pie last night, thought  we were in Key West , Florida........ It was excellent ! Even the whipped topping was homemade. !!

Homemade Key Lime Pie.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 18