Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

He majored in Film with a minor in Business, unfortunately he has my artistic genes. He loves screenwriting and producing. He is very creative but he really doesn't know what he wants to do. I told him you are young it's ok to change your mind. After all I have a degree in music and ended up in broadcast television. Thank you for your kind comments. I hope you and your family are safe and I will continue to hold you in my heart.

Congratulations! My son also got his degree in film and works for a cruise line. He made promotional videos and ads. Luckily he stayed employed this past year but the film department took a hit so he moved onto App development and really loves it. It is ok to change your mind.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My wife made Homemade KeyLime pie last night, thought  we were in Key West , Florida........ It was excellent ! Even the whipped topping was homemade. !!

Homemade Key Lime Pie.jpg

Made my first home made key lime pie a couple of months ago.  I might have posted pics here??  Really good and really simple to do, so long as you have real key limes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I was watching Back to the Future III early this morning.  

When we stopped for lunch on our travels today, I thought I had gone Back to the Future, when I saw this hanging in the men’s room at the restaurant.  

E873277D-ACEB-45C2-924D-D59CA682EF3B.thumb.jpeg.89f501af423a6a1071ef3da2e8922040.jpeg

It has been a long time since I have seen one of these posters. 

She went to a rival high school of mine, but she was 14 years older than me.

Got my first haircut today.  Their card said the last time I was there was Jan. 2020.  They were still requiring masks, although the staff said they couldn't wait for the owner to give them the OK to take them off.

Then I went to Publix.  They were still requiring masks also.

• Like 2

Just finished with the pictures for the sale of our house.  We can go back to living normally again (without the house looking perfect) until Friday when the showings start.  Unfortunately, it was raining so the photographer couldn't get good outside pictures.  I've sent the shots that I took from Saturday when it was sunny so hopefully that will work.  The photographer did say that rainy days help with the interior pictures that have windows, since the outside is visible through the window.  On sunny days, the windows can get blown out (bright white) when the interior room is properly exposed. 

• Like 6

Went to a restaurant last night.  Indoor dining has been open in Ohio for a while.  No signs anywhere about wearing a mask but almost everyone was wearing one when not sitting at a table.  Restaurants and stores will be in an interesting position for the next month or 2 since the CDC updated their mask guidance (for those vaccinated), which may differ from state or local rules, which may differ from the rules of the establishment.  Many (like our restaurant last night?) may just do a "soft" change where they remove mask restrictions but don't announce it, and let customers do as they please.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Went to a restaurant last night.  Indoor dining has been open in Ohio for a while.  No signs anywhere about wearing a mask but almost everyone was wearing one when not sitting at a table.  Restaurants and stores will be in an interesting position for the next month or 2 since the CDC updated their mask guidance (for those vaccinated), which may differ from state or local rules, which may differ from the rules of the establishment.  Many (like our restaurant last night?) may just do a "soft" change where they remove mask restrictions but don't announce it, and let customers do as they please.

Massachusetts just announced that the mask mandate is ending May 29th and all businesses can open at 100%.  State of emergency ending June 15th.  Still some mask requirements for mass transportation, nursing homes and a few others.  Kids can now start playing sports without masks starting tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Massachusetts just announced that the mask mandate is ending May 29th and all businesses can open at 100%.  State of emergency ending June 15th.  Still some mask requirements for mass transportation, nursing homes and a few others.  Kids can now start playing sports without masks starting tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

That is great that they are ending the mask mandate prior to Memorial day weekend instead of after.

• Like 2

I wonder what pieces everyone will be picking when the monopoly games begin?

Ok, got me interested going to check out RCI home page.  Got some free time till car cruise tonight.

Stay out of trouble, ya hear

Be safe.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I wonder what pieces everyone will be picking when the monopoly games begin?

Ok, got me interested going to check out RCI home page.  Got some free time till car cruise tonight.

Stay out of trouble, ya hear

Be safe.

I have always been partial toward using the battleship.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I may have to rethink my preference in future games.

And how sexist is it that the 'female' representative pieces are an iron, a thimble, and possibly an old shoe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1