Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

@momof3girlz could you do me a favor?  Can you post a pic of your shallow end stairs of your pool with the hand rail? I tried to explain it to Lisa but she isn’t envisioning it. 

Happy to.  We wanted this because we have very young grandchildren ranging from 4 months to 9 years, but figure it will benefit us “future senior citizens” as well 🤣

B86E46C2-FAAC-4BBB-B2AE-76BDE18D0B41.jpeg

6B2937AE-334C-4D71-9226-CB01A6B61D50.jpeg

980F2B99-DA06-4DAD-ADD4-71D208B79169.jpeg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think every teenage boy had on their bedroom wall.  Was that late 70s or early 80s?

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That was mid 70’s when they did that poster.   Hard to believe she would have been 74 this year!

I was a Jacklyn Smith guy... To me she was the best looking of the bunch.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy to.  We wanted this because we have very young grandchildren ranging from 4 months to 9 years, but figure it will benefit us “future senior citizens” as well 🤣

B86E46C2-FAAC-4BBB-B2AE-76BDE18D0B41.jpeg

6B2937AE-334C-4D71-9226-CB01A6B61D50.jpeg

980F2B99-DA06-4DAD-ADD4-71D208B79169.jpeg

We are having pool replastered and I told them include a railing, my almost 72 year old knees need help. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

Going to Biggin Hill aerodrome to see and sit in a Spitfire today with lunch out. It was a birthday present for hubby last May but this is the first chance to use it. 

Hubby sitting in one of the Spitfires, decked out in USA airforce colours.  They were working on 6-8 spits  all originals.  You can go up in one of the two seaters,  but maybe that's one for the bucket list 

20210517_145953.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

This piece replaced the tired old iron.  It would then be my new favorite.  🙂 

The Iron Is Out, A Cat Is In As 'Monopoly' Changes Game Pieces : The  Two-Way : NPR

I might have to get a new Monopoly game for that piece! We are still using mom and dad’s game that I remember from the age of 8 or so. 

We spent the weekend (and last weekend) taking out turf, de-interlocking (anyone want bricks?), taking out plastic sheeting from around the house where it was under several yards of gravel (anyone want several yards of gravel?), and putting in perennials. The neighbours are, I think, a bit relieved that the ugly house is getting some love. Thankfully, after this the landscaping company takes over. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for doing this. With this being your first season, just a heads up on the stairs.  When you have guests ask them to use the hand rail or to hold the pool coping as they take the stairs into the pool. 

The top step can be slippery especially when you have a bit of water on it. We tend to think it is from sunscreen. You don’t want anyone to take a header.  Our niece took a slip onto her butt, and she laughed it off.

We also won a couple of awards with our pool. Actually our installers did, and they pimp the heck out of it. We were their first customers with the Autocover, and since they did they have done a lot of them. 

5DDF575A-BDBD-4EA3-AD8E-77CBDD863AEA.thumb.jpeg.2a16f263e8af74588259f82cd7f0b57c.jpeg

8ECAA0E8-A23E-47A6-83A8-78E2EF2E4F81.thumb.jpeg.fd445e87876ef5c22854140f3f87a18d.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hubby sitting in one of the Spitfires, decked out in USA airforce colours.  They were working on 6-8 spits  all originals.  You can go up in one of the two seaters,  but maybe that's one for the bucket list 

20210517_145953.jpg

This is amazing. I’d sign up for this for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

On my first post covid cruise I am wearing shorts in the MDR. And flip flops. 😁

I really don't want to see that. Please wear the Royal bathrobe over those shorts. And also, please wear socks with those flip flops. I don't like to see toes. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My day was a little hectic one.  Up at 4 am to get my wife to the hospital for 5:30 am surgery on her shoulder.  There were quite a few getting things done this morning. 

D4DDC0A3-DB74-4D0D-8484-66F904D2E524.thumb.jpeg.c943fc57e2047b89219296dac8a4072b.jpeg

It went well, and they scheduled physical therapy today too.  Now my task is to work her through range of motions every hour, without her killing me once the pain meds wear off. 😬

She is disappointed that it likely means no waterskiing for her this summer.  ☹️

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My day was a little hectic one.  Up at 4 am to get my wife to the hospital for 5:30 am surgery on her shoulder.  There were quite a few getting things done this morning. 

D4DDC0A3-DB74-4D0D-8484-66F904D2E524.thumb.jpeg.c943fc57e2047b89219296dac8a4072b.jpeg

It went well, and they scheduled physical therapy today too.  Now my task is to work her through range of motions every hour, without her killing me once the pain meds wear off. 😬

She is disappointed that it likely means no waterskiing for her this summer.  ☹️

Glad to hear surgery went well.   Great that got her set up with PT right away too.  This winter Eric had a proximal fracture of his humerus and was told he may not have full range of motion.  After 8 or 10 weeks of PT 2 or 3 times a week he has full range of motion.

Of course, I was the bad guy somedays when I asked if he did his exercises.  All good😀

• Like 2

We are out if the chilly rainy patch and now having beautiful weather.  This weekend we got a lot done in the yard.  Mulch is finished all my flowers and garden veggies are all planted and put up my various yard decorations that we have got at several islands over the years.  

So tonight after work I was able to sit on my patio with a glass of wine and read a book without thinking or looking at something i need to do.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was a Jacklyn Smith guy also, with Cheryl Ladd a close second. Still, teenaged me had the Farrah poster. 

My wife always thought it was strange that I was a Kate Jackson guy.  But then, she shouldn’t have been surprised, because she was more like Kate than the others. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for doing this. With this being your first season, just a heads up on the stairs.  When you have guests ask them to use the hand rail or to hold the pool coping as they take the stairs into the pool. 

The top step can be slippery especially when you have a bit of water on it. We tend to think it is from sunscreen. You don’t want anyone to take a header.  Our niece took a slip onto her butt, and she laughed it off.

We also won a couple of awards with our pool. Actually our installers did, and they pimp the heck out of it. We were their first customers with the Autocover, and since they did they have done a lot of them. 

Thanks for the heads up re: the stairs.  This is our first time with full width, inside the pool stairs. We had a pool at our previous home that had a white plastic type stair that was affixed outside the shape of the pool - if that makes sense.  It also had a texture to the stair so there wasn’t as much chance of slipping. I can certainly see how it could happen with this one, so I’m happy we have the railing.  We wanted this inside full size stair for the little ones, even though it resulted in us making the pool larger than we originally planned.  I learned a lot about the mathematical formulas that go into installing a pool. 
Congrats on the award!  (Quite envious of your automatic cover also.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I really don't want to see that. Please wear the Royal bathrobe over those shorts. And also, please wear socks with those flip flops. I don't like to see toes. 😆

And there should be some "bling" on the baseball cap, with cap sideways...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Speaking from my "experience" now -- I find it very helpful to be active and post right now. It's a blessed diversion from the grim reality. It helps to talk, it helps to share.

Keeping it "inside" draws too much energy, energy you need to "keep your head above the water".

It's a matter of "wait and see", hoping for a miracle. Sadly, nothing you can do about it.

@dani negreanu You are correct on all counts.  My evenings are countless hours on the phone with my family, her family, my friends, her friends, our friends, our neighbors, co-workers, etc. And when I'm done, it's time to start all over. Without them, I would not be able to get thru this. Talk therapy works.

Here, on CC, I've been shy with the details only because they are so disturbing that I doubt anyone would want to read them. But for those that do (and for those that don't may want to skip to the next post now), here we go:

The anoxic brain injury was caused by a massive blood clot that cut off circulation to both lungs, backed up the blood into the heart and caused a cardiac arrest.  This is what I woke up to Easter morning. Between me and the paramedics, she was under CPR for 45+ minutes, about twice the usual time CPR is performed. Once at the hospital, it got worse. Incubated on a ventilator for 2 weeks,  kidneys failing, pneumonia, blood infection, erratic heart rate, erratic blood pressure, new clots forming, internal bleeding. For the first two weeks, every conversation with the doctor started with "If she makes it thru the night.....:" Yet, she rallied and recovered from all the above ailments with flying colors, stabilized and  is now breathing on her own, with the help of a trach tube (no ventilator). Physically, she is rocking it! I have nothing but the utmost respect for the doctors and nurses at the hospital. But her brain was deprived of oxygen for too long and there is no coming back from that. Technically, she is not in a coma but she has not been "awake" once since this ordeal has started.

So now we wait and see, waiting for that miracle.  Early on, my days were filled with hospital visits, phones calls with doctors, nurses, social workers, case managers, physical therapists,  hospital administrators, brain trauma facilities, insurance companies and lawyers (to protect me financially, not to sue).  Now I just have the visits  with here so I have ore time on my hands.

And what better way to spend it than reading about home remodels, gardening, new pets, A&L_Ont latest high performance vehicle, the lifting of covid restrictions and this...

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I was a Jacklyn Smith guy... To me she was the best looking of the bunch.

Yes! without a doubt the most beautiful.  And the only one to stay for the entire length of the show.  Show loyalty and smarts.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was a Jacklyn Smith guy also, with Cheryl Ladd a close second. Still, teenaged me had the Farrah poster. 

I never had the Farrah poster in my high school years. Lynda Carter from Wonder Woman was up on my wall. When I moved on to University I had posters of the girl who was in IMHO the best American TV comedy show ever, WKRP in Cincinnati, Jan Smithers. I also had one of Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy.