Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Ross Perot frequented a small barber shop in Dallas located in a strip mall.  Nothing fancy.  From what I hear, he was a friendly, unassuming, nice guy.

He was extremely friendly to everyone during a Christmas party for his company he shook hands with everyone when they entered and talked to everyone he didn’t care what your job was, he had lunch in the company cafeteria. He had a private museum which we were lucky enough to see and he gave us a personal tour, his museum included videos of Saturday night live making fun of him . Not your every day billionaire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

needed a distraction today so worked on this...still continuing to monitor

9070115D-7A7D-4B56-8C8E-94232BEC6F0D.png

I organize the same way for my cruises. I love seeing it all laid out. I do allow things to be altered on the fly, but I like being organized.

1 hour ago, George C said:

He was extremely friendly to everyone during a Christmas party for his company he shook hands with everyone when they entered and talked to everyone he didn’t care what your job was, he had lunch in the company cafeteria. He had a private museum which we were lucky enough to see and he gave us a personal tour, his museum included videos of Saturday night live making fun of him . Not your every day billionaire.

I wonder if Mark Cuban is as friendly. 

I worked in the Legacy Corporate Corridor minutes from Perot's EDS in Plano from 2008 until 2012 . Driving to work was wonderful.  Took 10 minutes with traffic. 8 if I hit every green light.  LOL. Loved seeing the horses, longhorns, grazing  right next to those corporate campuses. I think those corporations received an agriculture tax break or something.  Mine had a duck pond filled with beautiful colored fish in back of the complex surrounded by a walking trail. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

After dinner corn planting action. 

EF3769EC-6716-434E-9911-AF4B98263248.thumb.jpeg.411ab4d632e074106c4beaa04d565974.jpeg

Explain please Andrew. It looks like seed hoppers in the front of the trailer. What is in the round bubble tanks and the row of hoppers on the back? :classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, voyager70 said:

That looks amazing!  We're hoping to book a Greek Isles cruise in 2022.  Looking forward to your always great photos when you return.

Santorini, Mykonos,Corfu,Crete, Athens,katakolon for Olympia are all lovely places with a slow pace of life which I'm sure you will love.

• Like 1

It is currently 46°F and cloudy.

We have nothing planned today so hopefully a quiet day at home.

I hope Dani is okay and safe this morning as things seem to be out of control in Israel by what I saw on UK news this morning.

Take care and stay safe Dani and everyone else on here.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What kind of tunes are you listening to in the cab?

This is our neighbour in the photo, but I typically listen to our local rock radio station.  I also hit CBC (think PBS) for hourly news. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Explain please Andrew. It looks like seed hoppers in the front of the trailer. What is in the round bubble tanks and the row of hoppers on the back? :classic_biggrin:

This is a double row planter. When you plant corn it only uses the rear boxes, and when you plant beans you use the front and rear boxes. Big tanks are used for fertilizer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 46°F and cloudy.

It's been a very cool spring so far, hardly any warm sunny days. Bring on the hot sunshine,  can't wait 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope Dani is okay and safe this morning as things seem to be out of control in Israel by what I saw on UK news this morning.

I've also been thinking of you and your family Dani . Hoping that cool heads win out and this awful situation gets resolved peacefully 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Continuing prayer for @dani negreanu and all of Israel. 

Back on another flight. This time I’m heading to Seattle. Except for the masks everything else seems just like pre pandemic travel. Packed flight and no social distancing anywhere. Im looking forward to when everything is as it was. 

B1590C82-1A5C-4EA9-99D9-6AB84143EE8F.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The news out of Isreal this morning looked grim.

Grim, yes.  We spoke to my sister in law in Israel yesterday. She, her husband, 3 married children and 8 grandchildren live in the town one of Dani's sons lives in. My sister in law and BIL share a shelter with 10 other neighbors and have each other's support.  They're calling it war but are in good spirits which serves them well. 

Wishing Dani and all of Israel a true Shabbat Shalom, a peaceful Sabbath.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I've also been thinking of you and your family Dani . Hoping that cool heads win out and this awful situation gets resolved peacefully 🙏

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The news out of Israel this morning looked grim.

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Continuing prayer for @dani negreanu and all of Israel. 

Bleak.

DS1 and us had a siren-free night.

DS2 had one. DDIL was just in the shower when the siren sounded, she rushed out, went skittering along the floor, nothing broken.

2 other elderly people -- not so lucky, hit the head and died. Another one had a massive heart attack, again, while trying to reach shelter. The siren's sound is so very stressful....

We're glued to TV, since we can see immediately if an alarm is sounded.

In the picture taken just now from our TV, you can see on the right side, in orange, the list of places (12) under attack, and in the background the reporter who took refuge in the nearest shelter.

IMG_6124.thumb.jpg.75488e8f83679fae26870a1fc366baff.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Dani, continued prayers

Thanks, Sue.

Just read your post on Bella's thread about your bro.

So -- was he sick with Covid in February, or he had a bad cold and just somehow he's having an elevated level of Covid antibodies???

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

And I voted for him...😪

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Grim, yes.  We spoke to my sister in law in Israel yesterday. She, her husband, 3 married children and 8 grandchildren live in the town one of Dani's sons lives in. My sister in law and BIL share a shelter with 10 other neighbors and have each other's support.  They're calling it war but are in good spirits which serves them well. 

Wishing Dani and all of Israel a true Shabbat Shalom, a peaceful Sabbath.

We have a close friend with daughter and family there, talked with her a couple days ago but she just keep saying they are in a safer neighborhood...hope she is right about that, it all looks dangerous to me.

We're with the Jewish people, God save them and de-escalate this conflict.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Bleak.

DS1 and us had a siren-free night.

DS2 had one. DDIL was just in the shower when the siren sounded, she rushed out, went skittering along the floor, nothing broken.

2 other elderly people -- not so lucky, hit the head and died. Another one had a massive heart attack, again, while trying to reach shelter. The siren's sound is so very stressful....

We're glued to TV, since we can see immediately if an alarm is sounded.

In the picture taken just now from our TV, you can see on the right side, in orange, the list of places (12) under attack, and in the background the reporter who took refuge in the nearest shelter.

IMG_6124.thumb.jpg.75488e8f83679fae26870a1fc366baff.jpg

Omg what is happening is horrible.  I am so happy to see you post.  I was really getting worried when I didnt see you post earlier.    I cannot imagine the sound of those sirens and the panic.  Thank god your DDIL didnt hurt herself.  Definitely not the time to go to a hospital.

This must be mentally and physically exhausting.

Stay strong.  You and your family are in our prayers.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

And I voted for him...😪

You should read Ken Follett “ on wings of Eagles “ true story of how he helped get his people out of Iran, we have a autographed copy of everyone the book was about including the Author and Mr Perot.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

You should read Ken Follett “ on wings of Eagles “ true story of how he helped get his people out of Iran, we have a autographed copy of everyone the book was about including the Author and Mr Perot.

I have only read one, Pillars... it was good but exhausting.  Watched the mini-series.

• Like 1