Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I actually just saw that on the news. Here are Beaver Tail and Watch Hill lights....

20210228_134601.thumb.jpg.b0eab596a6c65212c47c6ef8c3ec633a.jpg20201213_164440.thumb.jpg.a63cfb3a889ecc538dd7a17bda78a5c9.jpg

• Like 9

18 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Took about a week off from reading and posting on cc. DH and I are usually on a cruise now for my birthday and our anniversary, so since that isn’t possible right now, we took a road trip to Maine. Had gorgeous weather and a relaxing time. 

0BB1A050-51CF-43E7-BC32-5D1DEAE6193E.jpeg

0E977C41-C675-4E0F-8B1B-3666E319843A.jpeg

4F2CB724-5123-4052-A058-8269E19A95C1.jpeg

6F2EDD80-D9D0-4627-9CFB-AE694D19FB56.jpeg

83340CEC-A454-45EB-BDB7-7D15C6E4D75D.jpeg

Rockland?  Beautiful pictures.  🙂   Will be heading up on the 30th for four months.  🤗

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Rockland?  Beautiful pictures.  🙂   Will be heading up on the 30th for four months.  🤗

Thanks.  The ocean pictures are from Cape Elizabeth's Two Light State Park.  Lighthouses are Portland Head Light and Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse in South Portland.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks.  The ocean pictures are from Cape Elizabeth's Two Light State Park.  Lighthouses are Portland Head Light and Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse in South Portland.

Beautiful!  The one reminded me of the one in Rockland, but I have not been there in many years.  We spend all of our time in "downeast" Maine....Bar Harbor and north.  

In fact the fourth house we are renting (really a log cabin) for four weeks on a lake is only 10 miles from the Canadian border.  I am going to sign up for an international plan with AT&T for 30 days, since their cell towers are stronger than the ones on the U.S. side.  Don't need those $$$ roaming fees!!  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Beautiful!  The one reminded me of the one in Rockland, but I have not been there in many years.  We spend all of our time in "downeast" Maine....Bar Harbor and north.  

We have been up to Bar Harbor in the past, both by cruise ship and car, but didn't want the almost 6 hour drive this time, so went with Portland as a home base.  Just under 2 hour drive and my DH wanted to do lighthouses again as we haven't in years.  We might end up in Bar Harbor area in the fall if cruises still aren't happening and we have more time.  DH still has that work thing that gets in the way. 😄 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have been up to Bar Harbor in the past, both by cruise ship and car, but didn't want the almost 6 hour drive this time, so went with Portland as a home base.  Just under 2 hour drive and my DH wanted to do lighthouses again as we haven't in years.  We might end up in Bar Harbor area in the fall if cruises still aren't happening and we have more time.  DH still has that work thing that gets in the way. 😄 

Indeed all of the coast (and whole state 😉 ) of Maine is beautiful.  Love going up there.  Kind of a second home for us...and could actually be, since we are looking at possibly buying a second home this summer up there.  

Work eh?  Yup, dreaded four letter word.  😉 Looking forward to having you join us in the retired life, we love it.  🥰  When someone asks us what we do for a living, we tell them we are unemployed.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

This boyfriend should be labelled "a keeper" 😉

I think so.  This is my daughter who is in love with Europe.  Went to grad school in England (Masters in Medieval History from York) and then worked there (Harrogate) for about 9 months after until her student visa expired.  She then went to Madrid where she taught English to trade school students.  She caught one of the last flights out of Madrid before Spain locked down early last year.  Her best friend lives near Harrogate (Knaresborough) and just got engaged.  I'm listing all of these towns as I'm sure that Graham is familiar with them. 😉  She desperately wants to get back and is so mad as a 26 year old that her life plans have been disrupted.  I try explaining that overall, she has suffered way less than most people but...  Her boyfriend is working to get a chef's job with one of the global hotel chains, thinking that he may be able to more easily transfer to a location in Europe with my daughter.  They plan to get married in Italy at some point.  All good reasons for us to go to Europe!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think so.  This is my daughter who is in love with Europe.  Went to grad school in England (Masters in Medieval History from York) and then worked there (Harrogate) for about 9 months after until her student visa expired.  She then went to Madrid where she taught English to trade school students.  She caught one of the last flights out of Madrid before Spain locked down early last year.  Her best friend lives near Harrogate (Knaresborough) and just got engaged.  I'm listing all of these towns as I'm sure that Graham is familiar with them. 😉  She desperately wants to get back and is so mad as a 26 year old that her life plans have been disrupted.  I try explaining that overall, she has suffered way less than most people but...  Her boyfriend is working to get a chef's job with one of the global hotel chains, thinking that he may be able to more easily transfer to a location in Europe with my daughter.  They plan to get married in Italy at some point.  All good reasons for us to go to Europe!

Indeed I know the area extremely well and it is lovely.

Old Mother Shipton's Cave at Knaresborough  is a big tourist attraction.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+1.

I've just checked the expiring date of the cream cheese I've bought for the new cake I was planning to bake... It is good for another 2 weeks. Hopefully, in a week, this unscheduled "rodeo" will be over...

Pls. tag me when you're planning to visit !!!

We had a walk along the promenade and got a carton of chips each and sat outside the fish and chip restaurant to eat them.

We went back to the car and sat for 4 hours looking at this view of the sea.

We are both thinking about you Dani and hope you have a better night tonight although reports on UK news did not look good.

Keep safe Dani.

Graham.

IMG_20210513_123438.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Dani, you are in my thoughts. I am so sorry.

For the American’s here, there are at least 4 congress women who are all for arming the Palestinians with rockets.  

The world is part of the problem.

Too many members of Congress have that same view

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My, you ARE a fan of Evanovich!  Two more I like; Tess Gerritsen medical thrillers ala Robin Cook and Lisa Scottoline.

I am so sorry that this will not be the Shavuot (ancient agricultural festival) you anticipated. Bet your cheesecake is superb.  We read with dismay that the attacks are getting worse and as always we pray for a quick successful outcome.

Israel holds a special place in my heart.  I was married there to my Israeli in Ramat Gan, we lived in Tel Aviv for a year, and we visited 19 times.  My husband's sister, 2 nieces, 1 nephew and their sweet families live in Israel, Modi'in, all of them. Hate to admit that even though my husband has gone back to visit family, my last visit was 26 years ago. I would say we're due for another visit. 

We have many friends and relatives living in Israel.My wife and I were never there.We regret not going when we were physically able to,

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

LOL... your 26 year old still has plenty of time to make up for lost trips.   

Us?  Retired, recently no pets, lots of time available for us to travel, the means to travel, the want to travel (while we are still physically able)....but can't.   The clock is ticking....tick...tick...tick.   😞  And we are not alone.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Busy day again. Just got out of the shower and put my feet up for a few minutes. Getting Thai and Pizza take out tonight from 2 places tonight. Thankfully they are right across the street from one another.  

Sheep manure down for Sharon’s garden. 

7B1C363C-8B1E-4B82-B9BF-5488ECCB8AC8.thumb.jpeg.afa55095ebdc1702dc90453ed5461756.jpeg

Weeds are getting sprayed. 

AF80BA21-F129-4C2E-8885-7AF0A9197EF5.thumb.jpeg.e85fea102c65af224e91e8c50378e6b4.jpeg

Land is getting worked too. I put some manure even went onto the house flower beds and power washed her garage. I expect some pie for all this. 

@Ocean Boy there is even functional lighthouse at Sharon’s. 

F7F60AB0-0BF3-449E-A333-59670B00ACE0.thumb.jpeg.af0bceac6db63e3df9b5b3fd0ef2c5b2.jpeg

I feel about the same as Lucy right now. 

E41D7C4B-48DF-4B8A-B957-6904AABFE210.thumb.jpeg.50ab5cdcd2348330335ee5c892eeedcf.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Us?  Retired, recently no pets, lots of time available for us to travel, the means to travel, the want to travel (while we are still physically able)....but can't.   The clock is ticking....tick...tick...tick.   😞  And we are not alone.  

+1.

We are semi retired but restricted in traveling.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We feel the same, but at least we’re starting to get out, do things and travel a bit. Baby steps I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

needed a distraction today so worked on this...still continuing to monitor

9070115D-7A7D-4B56-8C8E-94232BEC6F0D.png

That looks amazing!  We're hoping to book a Greek Isles cruise in 2022.  Looking forward to your always great photos when you return.

2 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Omg yes, worst casting ever.

There was a movie about Ross Perot helping his people escape from Iran , Perot was 5’5” he was played by Richard Crenna who is 6’1 , I was lucky enough to meet Mr Perot a couple of times . 

23 minutes ago, George C said:

There was a movie about Ross Perot helping his people escape from Iran , Perot was 5’5” he was played by Richard Crenna who is 6’1 , I was lucky enough to meet Mr Perot a couple of times . 

Ross Perot frequented a small barber shop in Dallas located in a strip mall.  Nothing fancy.  From what I hear, he was a friendly, unassuming, nice guy.