ROTTERDAM SCHEDULED FOR DEPARTURE FROM PORT EVERGLADES MON 06 APR 2020

Copper10-8

Just a heads up and probably meant only for us left coast sail-away die hards due to the time of day, night rather

"R"-class lead ship Rotterdam, in port since Thursday, 02 Apr after providing extremely valuable assistance to her younger half-sister Zaandam since their Gulf of Panama rendezvous, is scheduled to depart Port Everglades tomorrow, 06 APR 20 at 22:22 hours (10:22 PM) Don't count on any "toeters" from co-hero Capt. Bas van Dreumel as his ship passes the condos along the entrance channel, due to the advanced hour of departure for some on the right coast which may, or may not, that is the question, coincide with the act of consuming a chalice of tepid moo juice in preparation for tallying a number of domesticated ruminant animals with thick woolly coats in the continuous act of cavorting over picket fences 

Her destination is listed as Puerto Vallarta, Mex. however that is highly unlikely since, as luck would have it, her original schedule also had her departing Port Everglades tomorrow for a trans-Atlantic crossing to her namesake city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands, arriving on 22 APR 20. Instead of the T/A, it is more likely however, that her journey will be relatively short and that she will join her fleet mates at one of the "hot lay-up" anchorages in the vicinity of Great Stirrup Cay

The webcams can be viewed at:

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I did not find Zaandam on the port schedule. I expect she will remain in port for the moment????

Capt. Albert has not posted since 3/23.  I think he is still aboard Rotterdam,  I hope we hear from him again soon.

I don't think she will sail at this time.  I have noticed that the port authorities seem to use 22.22h and 11.11h as a temporary marker for a possible departure/arrival that does not have a scheduled departure time. 

All the other movements are listed for on the hour or half hour.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Himself said:

John, thank you for the Heads up.   If the Rotterdam goes off as scheduled, I should still be up.  When is the Volendam coming in for Fuel and supplies?

Scheduled for 7AM Eastern time tomorrow.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Her destination is listed as Puerto Vallarta, Mex. however that is highly unlikely since, as luck would have it, her original schedule also had her departing Port Everglades tomorrow for a trans-Atlantic crossing to her namesake city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands, arriving on 22 APR 20. Instead of the T/A, it is more likely however, that her journey will be relatively short and that she will join her fleet mates at one of the "hot lay-up" anchorages in the vicinity of Great Stirrup Cay

This brings up a concern that has been floating around in my mind.....spring transatlantics.   Is this one of the first objective signs that the Mediterranean season is not happening this year? I've been holding out hope it would be delayed and not (yet) cancelled completely. 

I hope not!  I have a western transatlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale booked for November.  

It will really depend on when the ports open again and travel can start up.

Perhaps they will reduce the number of ships allocated to Europe as they currently are listing Nieuw Statendam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Zuiderdam, Veendam, Zaandam and Rotterdam.  I can envisage them sending just the 3 larger ships for a shortened European season 🤞

2 hours ago, Himself said:

John, thank you for the Heads up.   If the Rotterdam goes off as scheduled, I should still be up.  When is the Volendam coming in for Fuel and supplies?

Tomorrow Father, along with Nieuw A once again

Disregard that Fath they took them both off the schedule. State of flux at the moment

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HALrunner said:

This brings up a concern that has been floating around in my mind.....spring transatlantics.   Is this one of the first objective signs that the Mediterranean season is not happening this year? I've been holding out hope it would be delayed and not (yet) cancelled completely. 

No one can tell at the moment unless they have a really excellent working crystal ball. We need to see a lot of light at the end of this tunnel for that - resumption of operations - to come to fruition 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

We need to see a lot of light at the end of this tunnel

First, we need to find the tunnel, then look for the light! But a glimmer from Spain and some other European countries today.

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

First, we need to find the tunnel, then look for the light! But a glimmer from Spain and some other European countries today.

New York's numbers are also reported to be down just a tad

• Like 1

Should be a go for me this evening, too.

Thanks for the heads up, Copper, you remind me of my father (except he wasn't Dutch, or American, but loved a good play on words) who always befuddled his only child by saying on a regular basis, "Ann, make a noise like an egg and beat it!"  I never did figure out what noise an egg made...  

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Should be a go for me this evening, too.

....................... "Ann, make a noise like an egg and beat it!"  .................

You can add "beat it, and scramble out of here to that"  😉 - Be safe up there in beautiful Victoria, Ann!  Is the Dutch Carillon still playing its tunes at noon? 

• Like 3

I'm not sure about that, Copper, as it takes a person to play it!  We have not been out of the house for about 18 days, except into our little courtyard.  I understand from others, who are "out and about" that the trees are in full blossom and everything is beautiful.  Mother Nature progresses without us.  One bit of news is that the Butchart Gardens are closed, indefinitely.  They never usually close except one day a year, Christmas Day.

• Like 2