Where should you be today?

VMax1700

Astoria, Oregon today, Victoria BC tomorrow. Disembark in Vancouver the following day.

I will look at the photos of our previous visits to Butchart Gardens...and sailing under the Lions Gate Bridge when approaching Vancouver.

Feel blessed to have so many wonderful memories.

• Like 1

Today we would be in Ketchikan.  Since we've been there many times, we just like to roam around the city and see what has changed.  This is also a good time to start looking for souvenirs to take back to our friends.  If I wrote our postcards yesterday we will take them to the Post Office today and mail them.

8 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Last night in Paris! Leaving for London next day for a flight home! We were so looking forward on flying British Airway on the old 747 up stairs in business. There will be a next time!

Denise😊

May not be a next time for the 747-400!  With schedules being changed in the future, they will have the opportunity to use more fuel efficient aircraft and retire the 747 sooner rather than later.  Virgin Atlantic have already announced the end of the 'Queen of the Sky'.

We loved the up stairs seating on the 747, mostly on overnight flights as it was so quiet up there! 😴

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

May not be a next time for the 747-400!  With schedules being changed in the future, they will have the opportunity to use more fuel efficient aircraft and retire the 747 sooner rather than later.  Virgin Atlantic have already announced the end of the 'Queen of the Sky'.

We loved the up stairs seating on the 747, mostly on overnight flights as it was so quiet up there! 😴

There will be a next time was for our 3 month trip! Yes we are aware of the retiring 747’s!!That was for us something special knowing they were retiring! We did the same thing in 2016 going and coming home from Europe booking First Class on United. We knew they were going to be removed and Polaris Buisness was taking over.

Denise😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Every word is true -- but so heartbreaking.  That airplane was one of my "babies".  Spent 6 years doing primary structure design both on the original -400 and the -400F (freighter) 😢😢

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 1

Today would be Skagway.  We would probably take the train because it's my husband's favorite.  We'd also be visiting the shops run by the locals.  There's a wonderful fabric store there and I always get great ideas from their displays.  There are a couple of jewelry stores in town that sell local products.  One year our bus driver was a local and he makes beautiful jewelry during the winter months (also keeps an eye on the tour buses over the winter).

I missed posting yesterday.  We would have been at the Inian Islands, a new venue for HAL.  I was looking forward to it, even though it is just a boat tour.

Today we're at sea on our way to Anchorage.

Mrs Banjo and I should be in Tuscany, then connecting to cruise the Med.  I love being home and retired,  but have to say I really am missing the travel and cruising.  I think what I miss most is being on the veranda at night listening and feeling the ship move through the water.

Yesterday we were in Anchorage.  We went down to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.  We always enjoy going down there and interact with the animals on display.

Today we're in Homer.  We'll take the hop-on hop-off into town and then wonder around.  We enjoy the Ocean Visitors Center and just roaming around.

Yesterday we would have flown from Santiago de Compostela to Frankfurt after 9 glorious days there post cruise and today we would have been flying home.