Where should you be today?

VMax1700

31 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Cat we love Key West! DH was there for 2 weeks on business and we stayed at the Double Tree. I would take their shuttle into town daily and walked all over and do the little train also! I found a restaurant called 

The Conch Republic Seafood restaurant!!

Right on the water! Great food. Now there was a small KeyLime our shop across from the restaurant and a man would be in a costume standing out front serving samples! I just can’t remember the name of the place, but a lot of people going in and out!👍 

You’ll be there soon!

Have a good day and also Bindi too!

Denise😊

Denise, you mean Kermit’s!

They won last year’s Key lime pie contest.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 It is really good. There are two locations that I can recall. The one near Conch Republic (really good food) is at the corner of Greene & Elizabeth.  The other one is on Duval, very close to Mallory Square.  Now we only tried the one near Conch Republic. This year we might have to try both locations.🤔 

Stay well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

This Kermits?

kermit.jpg

The last couple of times I've gotten the Blueberry Key Lime pie  Awesome.

Roy

You might have even have a pic of the right location, Roy!  The colors of the crosswalk are right!

Bravo!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Right about now we would be sleeping on the beautiful Westerdam, resting up for a nice sea day as our Asia extravaganza comes near to a close -- where I believe we would pass the baton to @cruisemom42

as she boards and we disembark in Tokyo on the 11th.  Sigh.  Maybe next year.

Me a month ago upon cancellation of Westerdam cruise:  :classic_sad:

Me a week ago, realizing rest of cruises in 2020 probably are a wash:  :classic_angry:

Me now, thinking about potential 2021 travel:  :classic_unsure:

Hopefully everything will become clearer as we get through this. 

• Like 3

Me, a restful day at sea, recovering from our first gala night last night.  With four more sea days before reaching Praia di Vitoria on the island of Terceira in the Azores.  I'm looking forward to seeing a new port in these beautiful islands.  SailingDutchy has organized a private tour for us and it will include a a local tasting lunch, and later in the day a cheese tasting at the Lagos das Patas (Lake of Ducks?).  We should get back to the ship around 4.

🥴😷

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Me, a restful day at sea, recovering from our first gala night last night.  With four more sea days before reaching Praia di Vitoria on the island of Terceira in the Azores.  I'm looking forward to seeing a new port in these beautiful islands.  SailingDutchy has organized a private tour for us and it will include a a local tasting lunch, and later in the day a cheese tasting at the Lagos das Patas (Lake of Ducks?).  We should get back to the ship around 4.

🥴😷

Could be, but with my basic spanish 'patas' is a paw/claw/foot. Pato is duck, Patos is ducks, Pata is duck (feminine).  Shame you won't be able to hear what the guide says!!

I would have been in my second week back from our 3/21/28 Nieuw Amsterdam Caribbean cruise, thinking about the next one coming up in 2021.  Instead, I find myself on countdown again...227 days and counting...and considering putting a deposit on a spring 2011 Panama Canal cruise...

18 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Could be, but with my basic spanish 'patas' is a paw/claw/foot. Pato is duck, Patos is ducks, Pata is duck (feminine).  Shame you won't be able to hear what the guide says!!

I'm okay with Spanish, but Azorean Portuguese is beyond me!  I think it would be pronounced "lagosh dash patash"!

On 4/6/2020 at 7:20 AM, VMax1700 said:

So where were you scheduled to be today?.

Didn't see this thread until today (Wednesday).  On Monday I would have been in Las Vegas with our RV group, resting up from working the Baker to Vegas relay race (which has now been postponed until October - maybe).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

She would have been in the Azores - Portuguese, not Spanish, with the lovely meat similar to Argentina. 

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm okay with Spanish, but Azorean Portuguese is beyond me!  I think it would be pronounced "lagosh dash patash"!

That’s a beautiful spot.  You would have loved it.

here’s a small video for you until you can get there - 

After a leisurely breakfast in the courtyard of our B&B, we’d pack up the car & head back up the Keys to Key Largo. 

But right about now we would be stopping on our way at the Turtle Hospital in Marathon to check on its residents, and of course feed the bubble back turtles. 

Looking forward to a meal at Hobo’s Cafe.

Edited by cat shepard
Fat fingers.
  • Like 1

Reading all these posts it's really sad to hear about all the cancelled cruises and I feel sorry for all of you.   I am not impacted by a  cancelled cruise,  but we would have been unpacking from spending the winter in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.   We were supposed to fly home on April 9th but we left 16 days early and came back on March 24th instead.  I am happy to be back home but there was a little bit of snow yesterday mixed in with the rain and I did miss the heat and sun of Puerto Vallarta.

Let's all look forward to better days ahead and cruising again.   We are booked for a 25 day Hawaii/Mexico cruise on the  HAL Koningsdam in November  and I am hoping it will not be cancelled.