Where should you be today?

VMax1700

We "should" have arrived at Haneda this morning, got our transportation to Yokohama and spent the day recovering from our flight and enjoying our anniversary - probably enjoying dinner in China Town near our hotel. We were to board the Westerdam on the 11th for the B2B ending in Vancouver on May 10th. 😷

But, we are home safe and sound and well stocked and having a sunshine filled cool day. So, all is well and just hope that our fall plans will be able to occur!

Not exactly where I should be (QM2 between Walvis Bay and Tenerife) but a look back a year.   Last year I celebrated Maundy Thursday at my home church.  On Friday I flew to Fort Lauderdale to board the Nieuw Statendam to Amsterdam on Sunday.  There was a lad in my church who is now a pastor south of FTL.  I had hoped to attend his Good Friday service but got lost on the way.  Tonight I am following this year's service online.

Roy

I was to be on the train at Tompolobampo. Not sure I spelled it right. Then tomorrow was to be a recovery day in Matzatlan. 

It’s rather odd to think about it- as I am so grateful under the circumstances that I’m not on a ship. And so grateful that most ships have now disembarked their pax, and many of the crew are home or heading there. The past 6 weeks have been so unreal.

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Not exactly where I should be (QM2 between Walvis Bay and Tenerife) but a look back a year.   Last year I celebrated Maundy Thursday at my home church.  On Friday I flew to Fort Lauderdale to board the Nieuw Statendam to Amsterdam on Sunday.  There was a lad in my church who is now a pastor south of FTL.  I had hoped to attend his Good Friday service but got lost on the way.  Tonight I am following this year's service online.

Roy

I remember you posting last year about getting lost!

• Thanks 1

Not a cruising destination, but we should be 400 miles away, celebrating our grandson's 5th birthday.  We've never missed one before.   Boo hoo. 

If we were cruising, it would be in the Caribbean at this time of year and I'd be good with that.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Today we " should "  be on the Rotterdam at sea crossing the Atlantic Ocean , we just passed through the Sargasso Sea and are a couple of days away  from Terceira in the Azores , also called Ilha Verde  ( Green Island ) .

By the way did you know that the Sargasso Sea is a region of the North Atlantic Ocean bounded by four currents forming an Ocean gyre .  Unlike all other regions called seas , it has no land boundaries .

• Thanks 1

Originally i would been on the Westerdam cruising Japan . Then we were supposed to be going to the Airport  today on the way  to Barcelona to meet the N Amsterdam to Venice . I am planing a fall cruise but for now I’m taking a wait and see attitude . Not so sure travel will even be allowed. The travel restrictions will be lifted last. I read EU will be closed to visitors till September . Might have a better idea in a month .

Where should you be today?

If you are a true died in the wool HAL fan....you will be watching CCL Donald Arnold doing his best Howard Cosell.....

Catch him on CNBC at 4:00 EST.

Edited by JRG
addendum

1 hour ago, cruiseing marly said:

I read EU will be closed to visitors till September .

Not true!  Macron (France) has suggested that it would be appropriate to close the borders of the Schengen area until September, but it has not been agreed.  I don't see Spain and Italy agreeing to this.  Spain wants tourists by June/July.

We would of been in Monte Carlo on Riviera on our TA, but than it was rearranged and we would be in Maiorca!

We were to disembark Rome tomorrow on the 15th but was rescheduled to Barcelona! Big headaches at the time we found this out! We were on the Rotterdam in Puerto Vallarta day before we were sent home on 3/15!  Same day Oceania cancelled our TA and  we were so happy!

It was meant to be for us!! We are already with new bookings for 2022!!

Hope our 1/21 cruise on Koningsdam will be a go! Fingers crossed 

Denise😊

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JRG said:

you will be watching CCL Donald Arnold doing his best Howard Cosell.....

..He basically said that "Cruising will resume when society has resumed safe Social Gathering".....