Now for something completely different

You funny Adrian😉

But wait there's more

Steak2.thumb.jpg.672d0706d5d34b5bab0dde008201afdf.jpg

The picture is poor but this was birthday dinner, it tasted way better than the picture looks.

There is a legendary farm that has the best corn on the south island, we were driving right by there on the way home from breakfast. The corn is from there, the steaks are certified Angus beef strip loins and the veggies are cooked on the barbeque inside foil pouches (potato, carrots, mushrooms, onions and Russian garlic, sorry Les)

Steak.jpg

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Happy birthday again Lyle, you sure had a feast served up.

Thanks Les, I did the Steak dinner. Lynn made the instructions for the cake. Late breakfast was at Spitfire Grill. There were a couple of flyboys there who flew in from Moosejaw in an R.C.A.F. Harvard trainer, they just "happened" to know about Spitfire Grill.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I have been spoiled today. Everything was so tasty and we just eased our way through the day no pressure. Back to work tomorrow but we have a little road trip coming up on September 2nd for a couple of days

Sounds like a perfect day.  Always nice to have a road trip to look forward to, esp in Canada before the weather gets too cold.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Les, I did the Steak dinner. Lynn made the instructions for the cake. Late breakfast was at Spitfire Grill. There were a couple of flyboys there who flew in from Moosejaw in an R.C.A.F. Harvard trainer, they just "happened" to know about Spitfire Grill.

A Harvard trainer? Is it part of a Historical Unit? I got to fly in one at the RAAF's museum at Point Cook a few years ago. Even got to do a loop, as a passenger. Such fun.😉

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

The burgers at Spitfire Grill in Rosebud, Vic are named after old aircraft, no B52 brekkies though, like Lyles, but similar offerings, any of you Mexicans been there?

No, will have to keep it in mind when we can actually travel to the Peninsula.

Leigh

5 hours ago, By The Bay said:

A Harvard trainer? Is it part of a Historical Unit? I got to fly in one at the RAAF's museum at Point Cook a few years ago. Even got to do a loop, as a passenger. Such fun.😉

New Harvard.

Harvard.jpg.be5674a422315697582c03eb52dd5216.jpg

I have a friend who is a pilot and he saved his bucks for the ultimate bucket list for him. He got the Spitfire experience and had control for a while. The flight pilot did a victory roll and some other things as well

8 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

New Harvard.

Harvard.jpg.be5674a422315697582c03eb52dd5216.jpg

I have a friend who is a pilot and he saved his bucks for the ultimate bucket list for him. He got the Spitfire experience and had control for a while. The flight pilot did a victory roll and some other things as well

Lyle last time we were in England in 2018 we visited the Battle of Britain Flight At RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire, great display in the hangar, museum etc and a couple of the Spits went up on a test flight, you would like that too.

Edited by NSWP

36 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

This is one of the two RAAF Museum's Havard Mk.11A aircraft. The RNZAF donated them as a Bicentennial gift in 1988. The Museum's Havards are no longer in flying condition, static display only.

post-6-1339562610.jpg

Poor RNZAF, do you know they have no fighter capability these days? Transport and helos only, plus anti sub orions? Small country, small defence budget. I think the Skyhawk was their last fighter, that was years ago.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

This is one of the two RAAF Museum's Havard Mk.11A aircraft. The RNZAF donated them as a Bicentennial gift in 1988. The Museum's Havards are no longer in flying condition, static display only.

post-6-1339562610.jpg

The Harvard takes part in some of the formation flights from Point Cook. This was on ANZAC Day 2019. Harvard the last plane in the Southern Cross formation.

6A594028-DACF-451D-9BF0-CA9A9B46C9A6.thumb.jpeg.2cbdb42d66eb10e50b4ded7f602f561c.jpeg

Edited by Docker123

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Lyle last time we were in England in 2018 we visited the Battle of Britain Flight At RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire, great display in the hangar, museum etc and a couple of the Spits went up on a test flight, you would like that too.

I'm pretty sure that's where Don went. He was up in the plane. I would just love to see one flying. We had a Spit up at the Comox Air Museum but they couldn't complete the restoration so they sold it for $1.00 to another group. That aircraft is now in flying condition and came back here a couple years ago so the team that started the restoration could see it fly.

A return to the UK is definitely on our list of things to do.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

These pics are giving me a yearning for next Wings Over Wanaka (whenever that will be).

There used to be the occasional airshow near Auckland, at Ardmore Airport. Not sure if they do any more though, it's probably just another Auckland suburb now.

While we are on the subject of Airplanes, our Snowbirds Air Demonstration Team has been cleared to fly after the investigation into the tragic crash a few monthes back. The planes have been in Kamloops all this time. They are cleared to fly them back to their home base in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, where they will resume operations although I don't think there are any shows for them to fly.