Cruises Cancelled Through June 11th

2 hours ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Royal is a real piece of work, they wait until just before 5 PM ET to get this out so all the east coast travel agents are closed up for the weekend.

ncl still hasnt cancelled ,may cruises 

Edited by seaman11

1 hour ago, luv2sailAgain said:

No, the sun is still up.

I have not received an email for my May 30th cruise.  The link on this thread to receive a refund did not work (thank you for posting though).  Maybe it will work later. I got an error message.

I did book through a TA.  Can I cancel on my own or will I have to cancel through the TA?

Did you type in your booking number or cut 'n' paste?  I had to type it in.

My wife, who handles all this cancellation mess, told me she logged onto RCL’s website and used the cruise planner to cancel out WiFi and meal package before she cancelled the cruise.  Evidently once you cancel the cruise planner goes away.  We already got refunds for two WiFi and meal packages.  Don’t have to wait 45 days.  

55 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Did you type in your booking number or cut 'n' paste?  I had to type it in.

Thank you for your help!  Actually, after reading your reply, I changed from Chrome to Edge (or whatever it is from Microsoft) and typed in the number and it worked.

Glad I can put this part behind me. Now I will just wait.😪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Royal is a real piece of work, they wait until just before 5 PM ET to get this out so all the east coast travel agents are closed up for the weekend.

Today is Friday? 

1 hour ago, lifes-a-beach said:

My wife, who handles all this cancellation mess, told me she logged onto RCL’s website and used the cruise planner to cancel out WiFi and meal package before she cancelled the cruise.  Evidently once you cancel the cruise planner goes away.  We already got refunds for two WiFi and meal packages.  Don’t have to wait 45 days.  

A lot of people have done this but still haven't received refunds regardless, me included.

It's been five weeks now.  Trying to be patient but wearing thin.

I'm happy you got your refund though, I'm genuinely happy for anyone who has managed to get something back.

I've read (just) a few posts where people have said they cancelled CP purchases and got them back in a few days but that has not been the case for most.  Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

RCI owes us about 10K all up, about 5K of that is in CP purchases that I cancelled before cruise was cancelled.

6 hours ago, BecAus said:

A lot of people have done this but still haven't received refunds regardless, me included.

It's been five weeks now.  Trying to be patient but wearing thin.

I'm happy you got your refund though, I'm genuinely happy for anyone who has managed to get something back.

I've read (just) a few posts where people have said they cancelled CP purchases and got them back in a few days but that has not been the case for most.  Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

RCI owes us about 10K all up, about 5K of that is in CP purchases that I cancelled before cruise was cancelled.

I was confident the cruise was not going ahead and cancelled my pre cruise purchases on 21st March for the 16th May Rhapsody . Still not got a refund.

I got the official cruise cancellation  e.mail last night at 22.52 UK time .

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The cruise lines will continue to trickle out cancellations at a slow pace. 

PT Barnum would be embarrassed by how the cruise lines are behaving. 

Sell tickets for cruises that they know very well aren't going to happen, then push people toward "FCC" instead of a cash refund. Shameless way to get free loans.

Arnold Donald admits on MSNBC that cruising won't be back until social distancing is no longer needed. But Carnival keeps selling summertime cruises. 

It's a blatant Ponzi scheme, gang.

• Like 2

It is a tough time for the cruise industry. The cruise industry prior to COVID 19 was growing at incredible rates, more first time cruisers. Mass markets and more ports. 

People are supporting restaurants by buying gift certificates today for use when they open up again. Restaurant industry will be hit hard as well because when the stay at home order lifts they will face social distancing issues. Most restaurant owner see this as a challenge going forward. Who will know how many will survive. 

I for one do not want to see the cruise industry collapse, it has been a large part of our vacation experience but also important for our economy  that depend on the spin off effects. So that FCC is sort of like that restaurant gift certificate. AT 125% on a future cruise that is already priced very low, this will be a bargain. 

I know everyone financial situation is different. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, strathcona said:

AT 125% on a future cruise that is already priced very low, this will be a bargain. 

Typically folks will be using the FCC to book something outside final payment - the prices inside final payment may be even better than the 25% bonus of the FCC.

3 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

PT Barnum would be embarrassed by how the cruise lines are behaving. 

Sell tickets for cruises that they know very well aren't going to happen, then push people toward "FCC" instead of a cash refund. Shameless way to get free loans.

Arnold Donald admits on MSNBC that cruising won't be back until social distancing is no longer needed. But Carnival keeps selling summertime cruises. 

It's a blatant Ponzi scheme, gang.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy them. I'm sure anyone who is putting $$ on a new sailing has taken a look around and knows what is going on. Different people have different views/opinions on how this play out.  And they are offering a 100% refund if they ultimately cancel.

Edited by mac_tlc

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The cruise lines will continue to trickle out cancellations at a slow pace. 

Hence my previous prediction of another 30 day suspension announcement was coming.  

Guess not so "You are being Optimistic"...after all?  Fact.  

Not Optimistic...and fully expect another 30 day suspension announcement a month from now.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, mac_tlc said:

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy them. And they are offering a 100% refund. 

Selling what you know to be a fairy tale is predatory behavior. 

Offering a refund? None of the cruise lines is coming anywhere close to promptly processing the massive backlog of refund demands that they already have. CC boards are jammed with people who have been stiffed for weeks or longer.  And of course, the cruise lines dangle bonus FCC as a convenient alternative ... extending the Ponzi scheme even further.

Just now, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Selling what you know to be a fairy tale is predatory behavior. 

Offering a refund? None of the cruise lines is coming anywhere close to promptly processing the massive backlog of refund demands that they already have. CC boards are jammed with people who have been stiffed for weeks or longer.  And of course, the cruise lines dangle bonus FCC as a convenient alternative ... extending the Ponzi scheme even further.

Selling what you know to be a fairy tale for an essential product or service is predatory. Cruises are the ultimate discretionary purchase. People are (mostly) all grown up and can decide what they want to do with their discretionary $$. 

• Like 1

Anyone know how the double protected commission works?  I'm used to FCCs reducing my TAs commissionable rate and therefore my perks.  Curious if this means I should be able to ask for the full perk package if they are still getting the money from Royal.  Equally curious who gets the commission if I change agents for the replacement cruise.  The old agency?  The new agency?

Edited by firefox247

Our May 17th cruise was cancelled, not like I'm surprised.  But now I have a dilemma and was wondering if someone here knows about the 125% OBC?  We are definitely taking the FCC for the cruise.  It's unlikely we'll find a cruise at that value, but the extra 25% might get us there.  The question I have is for the Cruise Planner items.  We all purchased the Deluxe Drink Package.  If I take that as OBC is it tied to the FCC and must be used on whatever cruise I book or can I apply it to my October 31st cruise?  Has anyone tried that?