Who is making new reservations?

Curious with the current circumstances if anyone is putting down deposits on new reservations. I have three future cruises already scheduled, which I am not intending to cancel. But not sure I want to give them any additional money right now with such uncertainty. 

6 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

Curious with the current circumstances if anyone is putting down deposits on new reservations. I have three future cruises already scheduled, which I am not intending to cancel. But not sure I want to give them any additional money right now with such uncertainty. 

I am considering a new booking in early February 2021. Just not happy about a 500.00 nonrefundable deposit. That is what stopping me at the present time.

1 minute ago, trrn2016 said:

I looked quickly but didnt see that option. Will looks again

You have to go all the way through the booking process even entering in guests names before you get that option.  Or, call Royal and ask for the refundable price. 

We have 2 booked right now. My fingers are crossed for the cruise in September. 
I have no problem booking another cruise right now, but I am waiting for more itineraries in 2022

We have more booked than ever before.  We have one booked every month until the end of the year, so as they are cancelled we will still have one coming up soon to look forward to.  We already booked three for 2021, to try to stay even with demand and rising prices as people use FCCs, and to have a place to move the money from the cancelled cruises.  We have laughed at the idea that we could be “stuck” with eight cruises in the next year if cruising starts up sooner rather than later, but it actually sounds very nice and some could be cancelled without penalty if we decide the new “normal” of cruising is not for us.  

• Haha 1

Yesterday I booked Explorer of the Seas in April 2021, 12 night Miami to Galveston.   I have Liberty booked for this August but had it scheduled prior to the virus. Today we were supposed to board Harmony of the Seas, would have been our first time on the Big Ship, oh well. 

Donna

Booking for the future makes sense, planing should continue however if you want to make a booking you realsitically see possible in happening there is no point to book anything before 2021.

I booked a 4 night cruise on the Mariner in early October because I couldn't pass up the price. $134 with $50 OBC and a refundable deposit.  I can drive to the port, no air fare, no hotels so if the cruise gets cancelled or I don't feel safe cruising I will just not go.

• Like 3

I already had cruises booked for next year, and in fact, into 2022.  The cancellations I have now ....will be in the form of a refund and a 125% FCC,  which I will use to pay off, or down, on those previously booked cruises.  

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I booked a 4 night cruise on the Mariner in early October because I couldn't pass up the price. $134 with $50 OBC and a refundable deposit.  I can drive to the port, no air fare, no hotels so if the cruise gets cancelled or I don't feel safe cruising I will just not go.

I did the same for June and October, for exactly the same reasons.  October is only a 3-night; I booked it anyway because it was $119 pp ($428 total for two) with $100 OBC.  

I booked a January 2021 cruise using a FCC.  Not on Royal, but Celebrity.  Have a Royal cruise booked for November 2020 as well, but that was booked before all this.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As a TA I can tell you a lot of people are booking or rebooking for 2021 and 2022

It does sound like there is a lot of booking going on for 2021.  But at the same time, many people seem to think ships will be sailing half full to accommodate "social distancing"...... 

We won't be sending any money to any cruise line for anything for a while.  Will cancel our October cruise before final payment.  January 2021 B2B2B, don't know if we'll make final payment or not.  Time will tell.  

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, jacksonx said:

Are people booking with new money (not FCC) on Royal Caribbean? It seems foolish unless you're 100% convinced they're going to still be in business. 

I just booked an Oct. 2021 Med & Greek Isles cruise on Jewel - with a refundable deposit. This may be the one time I purchase Cancel For Any Reason Insurance! 

We’ve had one 2020 cruise cancelled so far, and hope our refund will arrive this week. I expect our 3 fall cruises will be cancelled, too - especially our b2b Explorer cruises from Rome.